What do you think of this R1 trade?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Ruthie, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Ruthie

Ruthie New Member

I'm thinking of trading Travis Cloke and Steele Sidebottom to get Drew Petrie and Dane Swan. Was less than impressed with Cloke and Sidebottoms performance on the weekend. I'm pretty sure that Swan and Petrie will bring me more, and free up some money too. I'm new to SC and read not to trade sideways...... hmmm...what do you think?

2. broge

broge New Member

Do it, swan is a must

3. LiQuiD_SiXx

LiQuiD_SiXx Active Member

Hold the trigger mate - have faith in the players you chose. You obviously chose them for a reason.

4. Mad_Mattigan

Mad_Mattigan Member

It really depends on the rest of your team... You only get 24 trades for the season remember... Burning 2 in the first week is a big risk. Having said that, getting rid of Cloke (who's a DUD), and getting Swan will definitely strengthen your side... Sidebottom for Petrie... who knows how that'll work!

But, what if Swan tears his hammy next week? He'll come back after round 6, play another quiet game, perhaps as the sub, and he'll be $70k cheaper!

Waiting until the last minute is the golden rule in trades...

5. DC

DC Member

Wait another week :)

6. Ruthie

Ruthie New Member

It's sooooo tempting.....I don't know if I can wait another week!! I wanna play SC now!!!I want my guys to play.... AAarrghh....let it be Friday!!!
    In all seriousness, I guess I should wait a week. The person I'm playing this weekend only brought in about 1500 in Round 1 so I'm practically guaranteed a win there - so the trade isn't that important this week.

7. Whyt_ee

Whyt_ee New Member

yeah, sounds good now. Should have done it a week ago. I know, I missed Swan also. DOH!

8. FixEmUp

FixEmUp New Member

Ruthie,

Assess your previous weeks score, assess your upcoming opponent previous score and then work out your PODs.

After that, if you reckon you'll come out on top then stick to your guns and don't trade. If you think your opponent may smack you off the park, then AT LEAST bring Swan in.

Personally, I would hold off on any trades.