What to do with Ellis?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Bill, May 14, 2012.

1. Bill

Bill New Member

Ellis getting the green vest (after being named on the centre wing thursday night) was a bit of a double edged sword as my oppenent had him on the field which was good but his woeful return will ensure a price drop this week and will obviously hamper him for future weeks, right about when he should be upgraded/downgraded.

So what do we do with him now? Hold onto him and hope this was his rest and he'll start pulling out decent scores or take what cash we've got from him and give him the flick? Also have morris and deledio and was wanting to hold morris as i think he'll play out the year and continue to be solid. Interested to know what others are planning to do with him now.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

My gut is telling me to hold him to Rd12/13 (or later) if he continues to keep his spot in the 22 even though it might mean missing out on Spurr/Brennan/Wilkes before they burst their bubble.

My fingers are crossed that starting him as sub was done as opposed to resting him completely. I think he only ended up playing the last 5-10 mins so should hopefully benefit form that in Rds 8-12 !

3. Moblets

Moblets New Member

I'm trading definitely as i can't see too many defensive downgrades and this week we have a few on the bubble.

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Ellis will not play next week. Hardwick has pretty much said as much.

This of course doesn't mean he won't be back the week after. He is well regarded at the Tigers, so he'll be close to selection most weeks.

Personally, I'm holding him - and may just end up holding him throughout the year. Bugg is mooing this week, Mohr and Morris not far away, so there's plenty of downgrade options there. With Brennan, Spurr and Shaw close to the bubble, it is a good time to downgrade one of them

5. Muppets

Muppets Member

I'm holding him. He scores well enough and should play regular games even if he is rested this week. It was always a toss up between trading him or Morris this week so it just makes my decision easier. I'll wait it out for Ellis to rise in price again to something that makes the trade worthwhile.