What to do with Jelwood

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Philbya01, Aug 24, 2012.

1. Philbya01

Philbya01 New Member

J Selwood not playing do I trade him for Murphy or rely on Gibson, all or nothing at this stage.

2. jb

jb New Member

Trade. You said it - all or nothing.

3. Fez

Fez Moderator

I've got 1 trade left however Selwood out means I swing Zorko into the kids not bad cover when my opponent has Clay Smith

4. DC

DC Member

Interesting Fez... I have Martin as cover for Selwood... but its the Prelim! if I lose and have trades in the bank I will be spewing!!

5. Senator96

Senator96 Active Member

Ive got the same situation but have gibbo for cover and the oppenent appears to have smith as cover as well who's named on an extended bench but the risk is will they turn smith into a premium? The problem with trading out selwood is that he'll probably score really well next week and if you get through to the granny you'd probably want him in your team. I guess you need to way up whether or not you should win without him gibson appears to be pretty decent cover

6. bama

bama Active Member

I have Gibson or Dusty as cover but if I move Dusty to the Mids it only leaves me with Smedts as Emerg in the forward line.

I'm probably going to trade him for Tucky a bit of a POD who can hopefully belt one out tonight.

7. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

I really wanted to get Sandilands in for Selwood through some MPP action, but it turns out you can't!
    ie. Trade selwood, Beams to mids, then Roughy forward. Only one switch can be made per trade :(

Might have to settle for Judd, can't afford anyone above 551K

8. 82asch

82asch New Member

Gotta trade him unfortunately. My opponent doesn't have him and while his midfield is not full I know he will upgrade this week.

Almost in the same boat as aerodyte - I have 555K

Who do people like out of the following: Thompson (Ade), Mitchell, Swallow (Nth), Boyd, Judd, Sloane, Kelly.

Am leaning towards Swallow with the Nth draw.

9. aerodyte

aerodyte New Member

@82asch

Sloane is out with an elbow.
    I already have Thompson, but I'm worried he's at risk of the general/late withdrawl given they play melbourne and gold coast. Has played every game.
    Same goes for Swallow/Harvey against gws next week. Both have also played every game.
    Mitchell has that cloud from last week still hanging over him. Good pick if he gets up.
    Boyd is a gun in a terrible side. Mixing 80s in with his 120s every other week. Also played every game.
    Kelly I rate much more as a player than an SC player.

Judd is fresh after his chicken wing rest, is the best player in a side with plenty to play for, and has a proven record of going huge.
    After him I think the least risk is probably Boyd, and then Mitchell/Swallow.

Also, what do you think of Johnson in through MPP?

10. 82asch

82asch New Member

Already have StevieJ - get him in IMO. I have gone Thomspson for what it's worth - no Sloan = more points + Thompson beats up on bottom teams.

11. DC

DC Member

Kept Selwood on the bench... fielded Martin saved a trade.. so all I need to do now is win