Which club do you have no players from?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Jason, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

For me it is Port Adelaide, and it might also be Brisbane if I find a better R4 than Broc McCauley. What about your team?

2. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Same for me. No Power players is the way to go.

Ive got no more than 3 from any other club and only 1 rep / club on each line (that's clever).

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

No part of any strategy, but nothing from Carlton or Brisbane.

4. ALLSTAR22

ALLSTAR22 New Member

Every team should have a Gibbs & Polec if they are gunna be a serious contender ...

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I've looked hard at the Port list Terry, and I just can't see anything that presents enough value to tempt me at the moment. Boak is closest, but he is awkwardly priced for my strategy at the moment unfortunately.

But at a rookie level, I just ran a line though one after another of the Port players. Banner looks to have improvement ahead of him, but 2nd year blues yada yada and he's mid-priced already. Redden doesn't seem close enough in the pecking order to be in line for a game in the ruck, what with P.Stewart shaping up to be a ruck option.

Am I overlooking something obvious from Port in terms of rookie-priced players though?

6. spud

spud New Member

Greater Western Sydney ;)
    Not officially, anyway.

7. Daveo

Daveo Member

For me its Port, Bris and the cats
    If Ben Jacobs did not come down with his illness that may have changed.
    JB may come in but not sure yet.
    With the cats i am yet to fit one in to my stratergy.

8. Word is Jacobs at Port may still get a run, they need some new legs

9. Corks

Corks Member

J Irons and J Redden at Port are in my short-list. Irons should play based on early reports of form, and is bargain-basement mid.

No Brisbane and no Demons for me. Melbourne more because there are so many mid-priced, and I'm avoiding that group as a rule.

Can't believe someone seriously has no Carlton. Saw it was a Tigers supporter who said that...figures.

10. Zander

Zander Moderator

At the moment, the only team I dont have is Sydney. Subject to change if I see anything more from Kennedy...

11. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

Cats, Hawks, Lions, North

Just seemed to happen that way. Might add Sydney to the list now that Malceski is injured...

12. spud

spud New Member

Wow Stk.H!
    You must be one of only a few small handful of people who won't be dreading round6. Could be in for a shot at the 1k in round 6 if you take any dockers players out :)

13. crew

crew New Member

Port, Lions(brown dog give me 3rd degree burns last year), Weagles, Port, Port.

14. stkildathunda

stkildathunda Moderator

yea im not sure why everyone is dreading round 6!!! Its not a plan its just how my side has turned out.

The Cats are just too big a unknown this year so going to wait and see with them. Got Pav & Broughton from Freo so may take those guys out and have a crack at the 1K :p

15. itsinmydna

itsinmydna New Member

Same suspects, Lions and Port but a close watch on Pittard, would be a good downgrade target IMO

16. Fez

Fez Moderator

I reccomend a port rookie, they don't have a bye till late (round 11 for memory), their team is shit so u will see kids get a go, probs not enough media in melb to find the right guy, also got no Brissy players but like port will watch closely for a rookie in a poor team

17. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

No Port and no Sydney, going off Jack, ROK and Goodes in the last few weeks.

However like most, Irons is on the watchlist, as well as Redden for R4 if he gets a game.

No Brisbane is interesting. I thought Polec would be an ideal pick to complement Harris/Swallow if you're playing a 3 rookie starting midfield.

18. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Fez is right, Port could afford to play some kids.

I don't mind someone like Chaplin as a bit of a POD.

Him or Grima (from North), someone like that, in defence are not totally expensive, can expect the ball to be down there a bit with emerging midfields.

For mine I am keen to manage my team around the byes, as I've been pretty open about. Just starting to formulate my final solution (hehe)

19. Heater

Heater New Member

Port & Brisbane for me at this stage. Port may change if Primus plays Pittard but at the moment nothing is jumping out at me. Agree with Lucas though; Port has some very good POD's.....

20. crew

crew New Member

Last two years Freo have been great rookie shopping....Will be interesting to see if Harvey continues his youth rotation if they stay in the top 6 for the season. So not closed minded to Bris / Port just haven't seen anything jump out. Polec has larger rookie price but the main concern I have is Voss has yet, imo, to make a good decision so not giving him the chance to do to my team what he has helped do to the Lions. North will be a good chance as another moo team imo this year in the second 1/2. Will be keeping an eye on that.