Which forward rookie to drop?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Banzai, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Banzai

Banzai New Member

I have 3 slots on the ground for forward rookies and I can't split four of them lol:

Kennedy: Highest avg
    D Smith: Clearly best of the 4 in the pre season, was "first picked" in starting squad so hard to drop psychologically
    Cameron: Played really well last weekend, probably hurt drastically by "scaling"
    Dickson: By all reports played quite well when came on the ground on weekend (havent seen that game). WBD have very winnable game this week imo. Mature age good pre season.

Leaning towards dropping Cameron (despite unlucky with his scaling, cant see him improving much on last week that only got a 58), but keen on others thoughts!

And to help others who have may have similar decisions though maybe not the exact 4 into 3 spots, maybe put all 4 in order?

For me ATM: Kennedy, Dickson, Smith, Cameron

2. Lucas

Lucas Moderator Staff Member

Yes Dickson-Smith interchangeable, you'd think Kennedy 1 and Cameron 4.

3. graeme

graeme Guest

nice idea for a topic Banzai.

I made the mistake of taking Wilson as my GWS forward. Does not matter what yo say it cannot be stronger than the mental kicking I have given myself!

Am going to take a correction trade but as I missed last weekend's games I am unclear on the roles of Kennedy and Smith. Does either play a link role with the defense? Does either play on the ball or through the center as opposed to wide? That info will be useful in my decision.

BTW, I have Dickson (and Hall) and have discarded Cameron consistent with the above.

4. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Chels, Adam Kennedy has indeed been playing as a defender (although he is conveniently listed by CD as F/M). Even better than that, he is GWS go-to designated kicker to release the ball from the back half. Where the ball spends quite a lot of time.

5. graeme

graeme Guest

many thanks Jason - very helpful as always mate.

Although only based on two games, Adam K seems to have a greater capacity to score higher than Devon S. Being a year older is also probably in his favour.