Who did you have in your team preseason that you wish you still had?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by TigersTooTough, Apr 18, 2012.

1. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Hey everyone,

I just want to know who people had in the preseason but got rid of them only for them to be firing in the first few rounds.

The big one for me was Scott Selwood. Thought he would be my smoky in the midfield but freed up money to get Trent Cotchin(who is another good unique pick).

It doesn't matter if your replacement is scoring well...just wanna know the good players that you wish you still had.

2. kram

kram Member

I had N Reiwoldt pretty much up to the last week, would have been great to have him instead of Dusty. I reality though it was Sidebottom who got the nod ahead of him and he isn't doing too bad and might get more time in the middle with Ball out.

3. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

I was tossing up between Kreuzer and Hale up until the last minute...still quite content with Hale though.

Had Hill (Freo) up until near the end but glad I got rid of him

Also had Zaharakis but changed to Dangerfield which I'm also happy with

Changed Goddard to Shaw a day before first lockout - not happy at all with this one!

Also had Griffin up until last minute and swapped him to Swallow from the kangas...happy with this too!

And had Masten and Mcarthy just before lockout too...but ditched them for rookies and stacked my FWD's. I feel I will eventually be happy with this, but for now I'm not, since ditching those two allowed me to get delicious Rioli and Chappy.

4. warsaken

warsaken Active Member

I had S.Selwood in my team last year ... looks like i went a year early.

I had Masten in there until after the 1st partial lockout where i went Martin>Fyfe and Masten>Caddy. I'm probably trading out both Fyfe and Caddy this week.

5. TigersTooTough

Got two more....

Had a combo of Ryan Griffen, Rory Sloane, Scott Selwood, Paddy Ryder and Heath Shaw.
    Traded them for Cam Guthrie, Andrew Swallow, Jobe Watson, Trent Cotchin and Shane Mumford.
    Had a little bit in the kitbag as well.

Also tossed up between Steele and JRoo and being a Tiger, I went with Jroo. Hope he kicks 6 or 7 this week against Geelong!!

6. TigersTooTough

Also, what did you guys score this round and overall ranking?

7. demonspud

demonspud Member

Shaw over Broughton, traded Broughton for Dumpster Dempsey last round, but grabbed Masten with the extra cash.
    Chappy over Martin as well, and Martin just down at this stage.
    Marc Murphy, though considering I would have to had dropped Boyd I am happy enough.

8. hawks2008

hawks2008 Member

Probably Mitch Robinson for me. He looks like hesbuilding for a big year, but can be inconsistent (the main reason for me taking him out).
    Luckily I took out Newman, Enright and Leunberger.

9. leb17

leb17 New Member

Zaharakis is one, for me. decided against all those midprices (Danger, Steele and Zaha) as thought too much risk was involved. Turns out they've been much better than Stevie J, Chappy and Dusty so far. Also, got rid of Big Sandi because of injuries and swapped him for Mumford, who is giong okay, but missed out there

10. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Kurt Tippet for me. I thought he looked calm and collected during the nab, and now has a decent team around him. But being burned in 2010, I shied away (my bloody friend started with him though, I remember congratulating him on his guts the day before first lockout!)

11. BrockyFreo

BrockyFreo Member

Oh and Ballantyne! He is set for a break out but i couldn't start with pav, fyfe and ballantyne (3 freo and one at that awkward pricetag) so I went with the guaranteed points (lol now). I'm happy about not being on board for his two week suspension but if you look at the points the other two scored it's not much different!

He could be finding his way into my team I think...

12. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

In order of who I have over who I originally had

Shaw over Carrazo
    Kreuz over Mumford
    Boyd over Murph and Watson

13. rlcrhino

rlcrhino New Member

I had Ryder in up until partial lockout and swapped him for Luenbeger. Just kills me!! But I think my biggest mistake was loading up on prem forwards and defence and going with the 2 premium/rookies strategy. Forwards haven't scored great and the mids smashing big scores out.

14. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Great idea this.
    I had a combo of Sandi and Kreuze for a while which would have been nice. Before that it was sandy and Mumford, but after, it changed to sandi and cox, and then finally I only ended up with cox.

And what I did with money from sandi is disappointing also, well some of it anyway. I changed Duffield to Broughton. Who knows how broughton will go, but he hasn't exactly set the world on fire has he, whereas Duffield looks set for a great season.

Two others...
    Boyd, I had very briefly at different stages, and I think 4 prem mids would have been better than 3.
    And I had sidebottom almost all preseason and wish I had have stuck with him - especially now that Ball is LTI

15. Lethaldons

Lethaldons New Member

Duffield over broughton, was one of the main ones i was tossing up between!! (got sucked into broughton and still not sold, will be keeping a close eye on this one, think duffmans role is good for sc!!)
    Lake over hargrave / clarke / bower (went with lake, actually wishing i went with clarke)
    Dangerfield / sidebottom / zaka / gray (went with danger, happish with this one)
    Going the cox/mummy combo (this is the one i am most pi##d off about at them moment as was expecting to get about a 200 point advantage over the 103 combo by round 5)

16. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

I left out Buddy for Dusty which allowed me to get Coniglio who I've already flicked for Greene.

17. JM

JM Member

Scott Selwood, Brad Ebert, Tom Hawkins, Carrazzo to name a few.