who to trade for pendles?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by weedoo, Apr 7, 2011.

1. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Okay so this week I'm jumping on the Curnow bandwagon as he goes up in price, and trading out Foley who will be dropping. Now, I want to know who I should trade out for Pendlebury. Basically it's between Boak, Rockliff and Cooney. Here's a little on each..

Boak - averaging 89.50 but has already played Collingwood, costs $471,300, has a breakeven of 135 this week. Plays Collingwood only once more, but has 2 byes, neither in multi bye rounds.

Rockliff - averaging 78, costs $418,200, has a breakeven of 123 this week. Plays Collingwood once, but it is during FINALS, but has 2 byes and they are both in multi bye rounds.

Cooney - averaging 84.50, costs $482,000, has a breakeven of 152. Plays Collingwood only once, and has 2 byes, 1 of which is in a multi bye round.

Help me please people. I'm torn on who I should trade out for Pendlebury. On paper it probably looks like Cooney. But my thinking is that he's the type of player that is "untradable" and I don't want to trade an untradable for another untradable. If you understand me. Cooney is the type of player that if you buy, you stick with, sort of thing. All of them play the Gold Coast once each, so that doesn't matter,

Give me your thoughts on who I should trade out. Cheers.

2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

alex - to get good advice you will need to indicate if you are you going for a league win or overall superocach ranking and what the rest of your team looks like (best to name your 33 players so it is clear)

3. Heater

Heater New Member

Personally I'd keep Cooney; looks like he could be building for a good year. I had Rockliff last year and he was fantastic but not sure he can sustain his form in a side that quite frankly looks lost and not good enough. Boak could be a real POD so he is worth keeping too. Based on that Rockliff to get the boot...

4. weedoo

weedoo Guest

Well ranking, the League isn't my #1 priority as long as I make the 8 (or maybe the 4) which won't be too hard. However come finals time my attention will be back on winning the prem so yeah. Not much help I know.

My team is here http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/?p=other_teams&tid=126&lid=1

Is it worth trading Pendlebury in at all? Especially with the Pies saying they will be resting stars. If so, which one of the three should go?

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

I agree with Heater on each point made in his post.

6. Midge001

Midge001 Member

I know this probably isn't what you want to hear, but is it really worth trading out Foley? I know his average isn't great but keep in mind the first game he was ill and he averaged around the 90 mark which I'm assuming is what you got him for in the first place, so why panic and back out after one bad game that will be gone from his average soon anyway?