Will Mat Watson actually play?

Discussion in 'AFL' started by JPK, May 6, 2011.

1. JPK

JPK Moderator Staff Member

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out with this one. Watson is named on the Blues extended bench, which could mean yes, but it could also mean no. When he played in rounds 2 and 3 he was actually named on the field, so I'm leaning towards no.

If he doesn't play it makes for a great downgrade in before round 9, allowing me to pick up Enright, Shaw, and Selwood over the next three weeks without any problems!

2. Rufus

Rufus New Member

Problem is he played really well in both games and then got dropped as soon as Carlton got a few back (Jamison etc). i dont like his JS but think he's super solid for a kid. Dunno if he's going to get many games this year, but will be a rock for them in the future.

3. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

He's a chance to play this week. White and Laidler both have question marks on them. White's been battling a minor knee complaint since the beginning of the season.

That said, Watson's ongoing JS is a concern. at this stage they clearly prefer White over him - also consider they are playing St Kilda, and from a height perspective Watson is probably better equipped to handle Kosi than White, who would be conceding a lot of cms.