Would love some advice re my team

Discussion in 'AFL' started by gish, May 11, 2011.

1. gish

gish New Member

I'm not really sure what to do with my team - the injury to Grimes has thrown a spanner in the works. My current team is:

Def: Deledio, Goddard, Grundy, Grimes, Lower, Thompson, Suckling (Toy, Pederson, Puopolo)
    Mid: Swan, Cotchin, Gibbs, Boak, Goodes, Heppell (Curnow, Harris, Libba)
    Ruck: Sandi, Cox (Smith, Bailey)
    Fwd: Franklin, NRoo, JRoo, Chapman, Higgins, Rioli, Knights (McKernan, Richardson, Matera)

$11,900 in bank.

I am pretty happy with my forward line but my defence and midfield could do with some work. I was considering trading Grimes for Rawlings/Murphy (leaning towards the former) but this won't free up much cash to do anything else this week. My original plan was to downgrade a rookie and upgrade Curnow to Selwood/Watson/Pav.

The other option is to downgrade Grimes to Hibberd (praying that he gets games) which will allow me to swap Heppell to the backs. Then I can upgrade Curnow. I can then concentrate on the backline in the coming weeks.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

2. Midge001

Midge001 Member

Are you going for league, Gish?
    If so, I'd look at your option of downgrading Grimes to Hibberd (as long as he's named) because you do need some MPP to get to the mids. I'd be moving Gibbs down back instead of Heppell though. Gibbs is good value as a defender, but terrible compared to the premium midfielders who's spot he is currently taking.
    Move him to the backline ASAP. Upgrade Curnow to a premium, then when there's enough cash do the same with Heppell/Libba. Once that's done I'd finish off by upgrading Lower, Thompson or Suckling (at least 2 of the 3, preferably all depending on how many trades you have) to the best defenders in your reach.

3. torcida

torcida Member

i had a similar problem - same players grimes - curnow and missy........call me stupid but i decided to get rid of missy for smith (now im gonna use smith and darling as f7 untill i can upgrade one of them .......
    that leaves me with 300k to spend on grimes(382k) and curnow(319)....over 950k find replacement for grimes and upgrade curnow..........
    grimes+70k > shaw................

curnow+230k > heaps to chose from but most likely judd next week )

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Surely Higgins has to be in the gun for most people. Every week Rocket has said next week and then changed it. Alarm bells must be going off that this must be more than just soreness. Maybe the dreaded OP...

5. torcida

torcida Member

kicking myself for picking him again this yr - so much potential but he will never deliver. his body is made for netball not afl,even if he played netball he would prob miss a few

6. canada_blues

canada_blues New Member

Can't believe people still took a punt on Missy this year after last year's injury debacle.