Ziebell

Discussion in 'AFL' started by KTBFFH, Apr 23, 2012.

1. pollypies

pollypies Member

Sless, I am in ,he same boat and going for league wins also. I was thinking of something similar. Ablett for Barlow, Hall to Treloar (405k) in the bank. The trading two of Smith, Shiel, Magner or Ellis to get Ablett back. This effectively means making four trades to get to end up with Barlow and Ablett in my midfield (I need another premium mid), and Treloar and someone else (maybe Spurr on my bench).

But I'm finding it hard to reconcile making 4 trades for the addition of only one player (Barlow) who will add any meaningful points.

I've held onto Fyfe so might as well keep him now. The other option is to trade Martin for Barlow, with a view of bringing in a mid priced Didak in a few weeks to make up the points I lost from taking Martin out my forward line. This would cost only two trades.

Thoughts people???

2. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

Considering this bloke as an alternative to Barlow. Both players are roughly equally priced and are set to rise.

Is on the bubble, 428k, BE 32. He came home very strong last year, and his first two games have looked very solid. Kangas next few games are GC, @eagles, dogs, @port, lions, @hawks. would you consider him?

3. Spifflicator

Spifflicator New Member

4. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

I must admit he is on my radar too... just not sure if he can get to true premium status

5. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Bandit on April 24, 2012, 07:44
    I must admit he is on my radar too... just not sure if he can get to true premium status</blockquote>

I agree. I'm hoping if I do trade him in, he can have a couple of big games against the weaker teams, and go up to about 500-550k.

With Ablett going down, Pendlebury bottoming out next week, and James Mac/Treloar on the bubble, not sure what to do the next couple of weeks!

6. frozensage

frozensage New Member

Will you be able to keep Ziebell in the team till the finals is what I want to know. I like how he is a mid but kicks goals, and with Harvey, Wells and Swallow (who I also got) getting top 3 tags, it leaves alot of room for ziebell to get free positions? Also Kangas have a relative easy draw playing gws and gc twice. Am I correct to think this way?

At this stage I have 2 options either get Treloar for cash but needs another trade later on to upgrade AND I already have 6 other gws rookies in the team, or get Ziebell who might end up being the 6th mid. What you guys think?

7. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

I think Ziebell could be a good temporary option for while Ablett is out of action and he may with some luck prove to be a keeper. There's no point leaving Ablett's &#36;720k+ sitting on the bench, you may as well invest it wisely and make money on it. North have a nice run over the next few weeks and Ziebell could do quite well in that period.

8. rlcrhino

rlcrhino New Member

Think Ziebell is a great option. But getting rid of little Gaz would be a stupid idea. Will miss prob 1-2 and then you have to find a way to get him back.

9. KTBFFH

KTBFFH New Member

Ziebell is in (had 300k in the bank and upgraded Caddy who was a mistake). Let him ton up bigtime against Gold Coast! Leaves me with money in the bank to get Pendlebury in next week

10. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

All those thinking about trading out Ablett are out of there minds. If anyone expected him to play all games they were dreaming. He has only ever played 22 games in a season once in his career and averages 19.5 games per season. You bring him into your team knowing he will miss games, but that he will be in the top 7 MIDs for total points scored in a season regardless.

YMMV, my 2 cents, etc, etc

11. SuperCoachSuperStar

SuperCoachSuperStar New Member

The overall Supercoach winner is the person who scores the most points. If trading out Ablett is the best way to get the most points go for it.

12. Dekka

Dekka Member

I'm also looking at zee ball but can't put him in just yet without wasting two trades for an Ablett swap. I think trades will be absolute gold in the last 4-5 rounds and we will look back and rue the wastage of earlier rounds.

13. bjaensch

bjaensch New Member

If one is willing to throw trades around like a drunken sailor, have at it mate.

Something to note from last year:
    Pendles 2843 pts 22 games
    Dal 2626 pts 22 games
    Murphy 2597 pts 22 games
    Swan 2562 pts 21 games
    Judd 2542 pts 22 games
    Ablett 2542 pts 20 games

Of the top 15 Mids in 2011, all other than Ablett and Swan played 22 games. Thus if one typically wants the top 7 scoring Mids in ones team, one would need to include Ablett and expect him to sit on the bench for at least 2 to 3 games a year anyway. Or waste a few trades popping him in and out like an adolescent girl trying to decide which dress to wear today.

YMMV, my 2 cents etc etc

14. ABitWoofy

ABitWoofy New Member

If you had to choose between Ziebell and Barlow from here on in which one would you go? I've probably got Ziebell just in front at this stage because of Norths draw

15. Sless

Sless New Member

I am not going for any supercoach prizes, just want league wins so this week I traded Ablett to Ziebell and Aaron Hall to Treloar.. I now have 415k in the bank with the mind to trade Magner, Sheil or D.Smith to Ablett in about 3-4 weeks time once Ablett has proven fitness.. Was this a stupid thing to do when I am really just trying to beat my cousins and workmates??? I have 18 trades left and my team is very much settled injuries and suspensions allowing.

16. Sless

Sless New Member

He is really letting us down so far today, doing nothing at all against the worst team in the comp!