TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Hello all,

Welcome to the first of 38 round reviews for this years EPL (has anyone noticed on Foxtel that its now called BPL [Barclays Premier League] and not EPL?)

This will basically be a place where all things football can be discussed (other football leagues included), trades targets/rate my team, fantasy results/fixtures can be bragged about, and banter can be thrown around like it is going out of fashion (and lets admit it, there has not been enough of it thus far).

Each week I will write up a review of EPL games played, a tipping guide, injuries/cards to watch for, and general issues (double game rounds, game postponements, etc).

Remember that the transfer window is still open until the end of the month, so anything can happen.

Hope everyone is happy with this and feel free to request anything I may have missed.

Without further ado, lets begin shall we...<!--more-->

Firstly, the big rumour news is that the Shwarzer deal is pretty much done and that he is on his way to the Emirates. While this is unofficial, he has handed in his transfer request. City have 24 hours to finalise the offer for Milner; otherwsie he is staying with the Villians, Liverpool have agreed to terms for Brad jones and that seems to be a done deal. Jermaine Jenas could be off to Italy on loan from Tottenham, and the scum are chasing Craig Bellamy from City.

Notable misses from the fixtures on the weekend include ZGogbia (fined $70K for no show), Fabregas (chest infection but is a lock this week), and Boswinga who is expected back from injury mid Spetember. Joe Cole (3) and Lauriet Koscielny (1) will miss for cards picked up their game. Anyone looking for captain selection need look no further than Drogba, Lampard &amp; Fab in that order.

Heres the results/scorers from the weekends games.

Tottenham 0-0 Manchester City
Aston Villa 3-0 West Ham
Downing 15 - Petrov 40 - Milner 66
Blackburn 1-0 Everton
Kalinic 14
Bolton 0-0 Fulham...
Hi all,

Sorry but I was too busy to be Too Serious with the leagues review last week... :( and these tables were nothing short of a bar star do to pull together; much harder than the regular seasons versions.

So this week I have rolled them both into the one review for yall.

Now with the TS20 league, all I know is that SoupS has a slender lead after being knocked off in the semi this week (I think by stick but not sure). This ones gonna come down to the wire and the rumour mills are suggesting there could be sneaky captain choice this week...

In the other 2 TS Leagues we have been reviewing this season, the top 4 in both leagues are all playing in a prelim...lets hope the AFL finals dont turn out that way. :lol:

There were no real tight games other than Prospectus Boy getting over the line in an elimination final by 20 points, and Half Time Heroes by 4 points in a qualifying final.

The full review is over the break...<!--more-->

PINE WARMERS - ROUND 19/20 RESULTS
MAJOR PREMIERSHIP

<tbody>

1st Qualifying Final

1st Semi Final

1st Prelim. Final

Whoknows? 
Whoknows? 
Razors 

Razors 
LiQuiD 
Krunchy Nuts 

1st Elimination Final

2nd Semi Final

2nd Prelim. Final

9/11WasAnInsideJob 
Krunchy Nuts 
Jackson Harvey FC 

LiQuiD 
Prospectus Boy 
Whoknows? 

2nd Elimination Final

tiger4life 

Prospectus Boy 

2nd Qualifying Final

Jackson Harvey FC 

Krunchy Nuts 

MINOR PREMIERSHIP

<tbody>

1st Qualifying Final

1st Semi Final

1st Prelim. Final

Life Post-Richo 
Life Post-Richo 
Year of the CATS 

Year of...
Still a couple of days away from having access to my database, so leaderboards will be a couple of days away...this weeks votes in the meantime:

Pies v Bombers
3. T. Cloke
2. D. Swan
1. S. Pendlebury
...J. Blair

Blues v Tigers
3. C. Judd
2. H. Scotland
1. J. Waite
...L. Henderson, J. Garlett

Swans v Dockers
3. S. Mumford
2. D. Hannebery
1. B. McGlynn
...K. Jack, G. Broughton, T. Kennelly

Cats v Dogs
3. G. Ablett
2. J. Selwood
1. C. Enright
...no apologies

Port v Eagles
3. K. Cornes
2. D. Cassisi
1. T. Boak
...M. Thomas, D. Cox

Crows v Lions
3. R. Douglas
2. K. Tippett
1. M. Clark
...N. van Berlo, B. Symes, S. Black, T. Rockliff

Hawks v Dees
3. B. Sewell
2. S. Burgoyne
1. C. Bruce
...L. Franklin, X. Ellis

Saints v Roos
3. N. Riewoldt
2. J. Gram
1. B. Goddard
...S. Gilbert
Howdy all, you might notice a fancy new little widget at the top of the page here by <a href="http://www.footytips.com.au">FootyTips.com.au[/url]. The good folk over there ask me to put it up to see what footy fans think of it.

Theres actually a fair amount of info found in there, so I figured Id throw it up- give it a looksee. :)

Theres also a version for the A-League if anyone would like me to throw it up for the off season?
So, were fast closing in on the end of the year - Only two rounds to go before we put the cue in the rack for another year and take out our notepads for next year. I just want to remind you all that we be here- posting whatever tidbits of ifo we can dig up through the off-season, so dont forget to pop by every once in a while. Particularly if youre in one of the EPL comps- Joshy is still looking to keep up with discussions on that and Ill be getting the salary predictions up and about sometime this week- so keep an ear (eye) out for that.

Anyways, onto the review- we had a couple of good games, but thats certainly not how it started with the Bomber mercilessly put down by the pies to the tune of 98 points. Its been a tough two weeks for us Bombers, but thats not to take away from the Pies, theyre in ripping form at the minute and for there sake, hopefully peaking at the right time of the year. Cloke led the way kicking 5.5 for 143 (with a solitary handball), while Swan came a close second with 142 Benny Johnson tied with rookie Jarrad Blair for a might 133. The only Bomber in the top 10 was Watson with 119, those Hille did respectible with a 104. All in all though, it was a great night for anyone with a Pie in your team, except for Didak who scored 67 (I guess not *every* can score big though. :))

Another thumping saw Carlton blaze away from the Tigers by 91 points. Led through the midfield by Juddy (146) and Murphy (137) made it tough for the tiges. Garlett put in a great 4.2 effort for 132. Funnily, Waite also kicked 4.2, had a few more touches and marks, but only managed 110. But thats Supercoach for ya. Warnock has hit his straps and is rewarding coaches who have been hit by the ruck injuries returning a solid 105. Tuck top scored for the Tigers with a 115 while Cousins was close behind with a 111. Down the other end of the spectrum, Lil Riewoldt struggled with a score of 40, and with his poor finish to the season might see him as a bargain leading...
Looks like someone hacked my personal gmail account (not the TS account), then stole, spammed and deleted my contact list.

I apologise to anyone out there that has been affected.

As a reminder to everyone- backup your contact lists! Even if its living on GMail!
Second week of finals begins...have fun all :D
Sick doggies and Sandilands- the two biggest problems for this week.

Looks like the danger this week is happening in the midfield- On the plus side, a couple of forwards and backs will be coming back in to help sure up our other lines.

The biggest ins and outs are as follows:

INS: Murphy, Higgins, Waters, Dangerfield, Davis, Peterson
OUTS: Davis, Ball, Farmer, Cooney, Priddis
Extended Bench: Dangerfield, Peterson, Trengove

Full teams over the break.
<!--more-->

FRIDAY AUGUST 13Essendon v Collingwood
7.40pm @ MCGEssendon
B: Henry Slattery, Michael Hurley, Heath Hocking
HB: Kyle Reimers, Cale Hooker, Mark McVeigh
C: Stewart Crameri, Jobe Watson, David Zaharakis
HF: Angus Monfries, Jake Carlisle, Travis Colyer
F: Kyle Hardingham, Jay Neagle, Patrick Ryder
Foll: David Hille, Jake Melksham, Ben Howlett
I/C: Brent Stanton, Ricky Dyson, Sam Lonergan, Courtenay Dempsey
Emg: Leroy Jetta, Brent Prismall, David MyersIn: Dyson, Slattery, Melksham, Carlisle, Crameri
Out: Alwyn Davey (arm), Jason Winderlich (hand), Brent Prismall, Bachar Houli, Dustin Fletcher (hamstring)New: Jake Carlisle (Calder Canons), Stewart Crameri (Bendigo Bombers) Collingwood
B: Nick Maxwell, Simon Prestigiacomo, Ben Johnson
HB: Harry OBrien, Nathan Brown, Heath Shaw
C: Sharrod Wellingham, Dane Swan, Alan Toovey
HF: Alan Didak, Travis Cloke, Tarkyn Lockyer
F: Dayne Beams, Leigh Brown, Steele Sidebottom
Foll: Darren Jolly, Scott Pendlebury, Dale Thomas
I/C: Paul Medhurst, Brent Macaffer, Chris Dawes, Jarryd Blair
Emg: Josh Fraser, Luke Rounds, Simon BuckleyIn: Medhurst, Nathan Brown, Blair, Lockyer
Out: Leon Davis (quad), Luke Ball (hip), Ben Reid (quad), Tyson Goldsack (ankle)SATURDAY AUGUST 14Carlton v Richmond
2.10pm @ MCGCarlton
B: Aaron Joseph, Michael Jamison, Marcus Davies
HB: Jordan Russell, Paul Bower, Dennis Armfield
C: Heath Scotland, Chris Judd, Kade Simpson
HF: Jeff Garlett, Lachie Henderson, Bryce Gibbs
F: Shaun Hampson,...
Hey guys - sorry for the late (and rather short) post, has been one of those weeks.  This weeks votes as follows:

(p.s. just a reminder, for those that watch any games over the next 3 weekends, please give your 5-4-3-2-1 (5 being best) in the round review, to assist with the last few rounds where a lot of the competitions keep votes to themselves from here on in (i.e. coaches votes).  Can you also put a reminder in your post Walesy? Thx :))

Blues v Dons:
3. J. Garlett
2. C. Judd
1. S. Grigg
...no apologies

Roos v Dockers:
3. B. Harvey
2. B. Rawlings
1. H. McIntosh
...L. Adams, C. Garlett

Swans v Hawks:
3. K. Jack
2. A. Goodes
1. H. Grundy
...R. OKeefe

Pies v Cats:
3. A. Didak
2. D. Swan
1. S. Pendlebury
...S. Wellingham

Lions v Eagles:
3. M. Rischitelli
2. J. Brown
1. A. McGrath
...S. Selwood, J. Brennan, S. Black

Saints v Power:
3. A. Schneider
2. L. Hayes
1. B. Goddard
...no apologies

Dees v Tigers:
3. J. Frawley
2. B. Green
1. D. Jackson
...T. Scully, L. Dunn, L. Jurrah

Dogs v Crows:
3. D. Giansiracusa
2. S. Thompson
1. N. Eagleton
...D. Cross
OK its come down to this, Im in 3 semi finals this week and staring down the barrel of defeat in all of them.

How could this happen?  My side is falling apart a bit, but Im prepared to do some patch up work and see that do the trick.  I know like Geelong my best is good enough to take home some premierships, but like the Cats I am also aware that the time to get right is now not next week.   So heres my thoughts on the players who can make a difference in the teams youre selecting this week.  I will go for the top 5 premiums and the top 5 value selections.  If you cant find anyone in here then I will have a list of sub 400 players Id have a stab at.

<!--more-->

Assumption: All players already have Hodge, Goddard and Ablett.  Everyone else is fair game.

PREMIUMS
DEF: Lake, Johncock, Milburn, Scotland, Bock
MID: Swan, Selwood, Montagna, Judd, Cross
FWD: Didak, Goodes, Chapman, Riewoldt, Franklin 
RUC: Mumford, McIntosh, Jolly, Jamar, Ryder

VALUE
DEF: Gilbee, Enright, Gilbert, Johncock, Scotland
MID: Chapman, Dal Santo, Judd, Tuck, Cooney
FWD: N Riewoldt, Giansiracusa, OKeefe, Pavlich, J Riewoldt
RUC: Cox, Ryder, Bradley, Hille, Hudson

THE SUB 400 CLUB:
J Riewoldt, Enright, Gilbert, OKeefe, Ryder, Cox - and to be brutally honest, not much else to recommend.  Will try to help people on request.

OK thats all from me, now over to you.  Best of luck if youre playing.  And if youre not, I wouldnt bother trading.  That is of course, unless youre in a good spot for overall.