TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

More best buys for people who need to trade. Once again, Im going to stress-I think you need at least 3 trades for finals, preferably 4. On the other hand, Adcock and Cox are looking certain to be traded from a lot of sides, while there are a couple of other bargains around.

Defenders

Rookie
<ol>
,<li>Michael Hurley (154,200)</li>
,<li>Jayden Post (94,200)</li>
,<li>Adam Hartlett (165,500)</li>
</ol>
Hurley by far the best option here-hes a star.(only a little biased) Post has also been impressive for the Tigers.

Midrangers
<ol>
,<li>Tarkyn Lockyer (431,900)</li>
,<li>Sam Fisher(384,800)</li>
,<li>Lindsay Gilbee (420,000)</li>
</ol>
Lockyer has been a defensive star this year, while Fisher has got to come good sometime. Also do not pick Toby Thurstans-with Cornes back in the side he will fall.

Premiums
<ol>
,<li>Josh Drummond (457,900)</li>
,<li>Luke Hodge (494,800)</li>
,<li>Brendan Goddard(543,900)</li>
</ol>
All Adcock owners will be strongly considering bringing Drummond in (bargain anyone?), while Hodge and Goddard will bring in big scores for finals.

Midfielders

Rookie
<ol>
,<li>Leigh Adams (94,200)</li>
,<li>Pat McGinnity (94200)</li>
,<li>Michael Walters (94200)</li>
</ol>
Adams was good on debut and the Roos will play the kids, but dont pay any more attention here.

Midrangers
<ol>
,<li>Scott Pendlebury (401,200)</li>
,<li>Steven Salopek (385,100)</li>
,<li>Jason Winderlich (448,300)</li>
</ol>
Pendlebury is one of the biggest bargains of the year-he was leading the points board at one point! Salopek and Winderlich are looking good after returning from injury.

Premiums
<ol>
,<li>Leon Davis (496,900)</li>
,<li>Adam Goodes (529,400)</li>
,<li>Matthew Boyd (471,200)</li>
</ol>
All are stars here who will deliver in finals. Also look at Hodge, and Bartel in a couple of weeks is looking juicy for finals introduction.

Rucks

Rookies
<ol>
,<li>Mike Pyke (117,300)</li>...
We know that a handful of us here are shooting for the 50k and boy, Im happy to live vicariously though you.

However, what about the rest of us? Cause there has been a bit of a discussion on this pop up in the comments recently.

Essentially, the assumption is, that once youre out of the running for the overall prize, you pull up stumps and concentrate on league wins and the associated bragging rights that go with them.

However, for myself, and other I assume, thats not always the plan. I am aiming for as high an overall as I possibly can get. I want to stay top 1000, break into the top 500 - even the top 100.

I dont want to play safe, save trades or be conservative simply to better my chances at covering a pair of theoretical zeros in the finals.

Of course, that doesnt mean Im going to go out and do something stupid either. Ive worked around a plan that has gotten me all premiums in all positions except two (Broughton/Grimes as the 7th back, Anthony/Rich/Beams as the 6th Mid). All the while keeping fairly good coverage on the bench.

Essentially, Ive been tailoring the trades Ive been making, and the risks Ive been taking, with the idea that Im after OVERALL points. And if I win my GF, well thats just gravy.

Having said that, of the three leagues Im in, one of them is Rank #1, one rank #6 and the other, rank 9000+

The top two leagues, as you would imagine, Im middle of the pack, and am 50/50 to make the finals in the first place, whilst the other league, Im sitting in second behind an undefeated Sheedy (But almost a whole WEEKS score infront of him in the overall...)

So theres not a lot I can do really, good strong footy is need to make the finals in the tough leagues, and then if the chips fall for the finals, they fall. The third league though, Im expecting to cruise. Except for one thing. I *know* that at least one person in that league, is sitting on 8 trades. With a decent enough team to make a real challenge of it should...
Reading between the lines in the last post, some people have already given up their season and are looking towards 2010. Even if you havent, if you still wanting to be competing this time next year it would be a good idea to research your players for next year.

Luckily for us, the AFL have released the <a href="http://www.afl.com.au/2009%20stats/tabid/14557/default.aspx" target="_blank">U18 championships statistics.[/url] These are the players that are most likely to get drafted and also make up the benches of your team for next year.

Unfortunately, we dont get SuperCoach points for these players, though I will be working on making a rough indicator based on the values published on the website. But there are some options that leap out at you.
<ul>
,<li>Tom Scully will be a must have next year. Averaging 25 touches a game, with an elite disposal efficiency, wins his own ball and can kick a goal. Gold! Only worry is the amount of clangers, but the rest of his stats more than make up for it.</li>
,<li>Jack Trengrove, statistically, should not trouble Scully for the #1 draft pick, but will be a good option as well, mainly due to his awesome kicking efficiency (wow!)</li>
,<li>Kane Lucas kicking abilities are overrated.</li>
,<li>Andrew Hooper will be a SuperCoach star in defence, as will Blayne Wilson (look at his efficiency!) if they are given games.</li>
,<li>Roland Ah Chee should have made All Australian (because I picked him to make it)</li>
,<li>We really wish Josh Toy wasnt going to the Gold Coast.</li>
</ul>
Note that not all players are mentioned in the stats, only those with an average of 12.2 touches or more (and James Craig, presumably because hes n All Australian ruckman now). Thats why you wont find John Butcher anywhere if youre looking for him.

Have a look, see who you like, and check back when I have the rough conversion done. (Note: Because I dont have all the stats, it will be EXTREMELY rough)

Here is the <a...
Big week around these parts. Namely, the Gonad busters themselves, (Chris) a regular commenter has managed to climb to the top of the Supercoach ladder. Supreme effort mate! Heres to hoping you keep a level head and dont smash out trades to stay up there. :D Play smart! Were living vicariously through you now! :D (watch out though,

That said, the TS legends are still cruising along nicely on top of the league ladder, but weve had a change in the top order. Kismet has moved into the lead securing an overall ranking of 180. Nice work mate! (And everyone. Youre all doing great!)

But enough of that. Lets get onto the footy talk. Was it the week of upsets or what! Some huge games came out of this week, and with Ports loss to Melbourne, the top 8 would have to be getting close to stitched up. (Unless we see some epic failures from Essendon or the Blues! - Young teams so it is possible... :p )

The grand final race also tightened up a lot. Both the Dogs and Collingwood have shown that they are both deserving of the 3 and 4 spots this year, while Geelong showed that with injury comes vunerablility. (Though I spose the Hawks have been teaching us that lesson all year! My excuse for the Bombers last year of "look at the injuries" might suddenly carry some merit now!)

And onto the scores.

The top scorer of the round wasa the maligned Lance Franklin with a massive 177 to get his team over the line over the Roos.
Montagna put in another excellent 164 for second place.
Ashley McGrath put in an unexpected 155, almost tripling his average of 66.
Another solid 152 for the in form Chappy in a decimated Cats lineup
While Nick dal Santo rounded out the top five with a solid 149.

However, special mention goes out to Liam Anthonys 148. Who rewarded those coaches will to take a risk on a downgrade this late in the season.

The biggest disappopintments this round, in no particular order would go as follows.

Lenny Hayes, with a 48.
Jimmy Bartel and his...
Holy moly! What a game!

Huge scores again by Diddles and Swan got the pies over the line by a single point!

A definte notible effort by Murphy proving the bargain that he was.

Whiles Lake made me proud to keep him on the field over the returning Cornes (crosses fingers still :D)

But not all is always good.

Cloke being true to his up and down form put in a shocker, whilst Pendles put in a servicable 85. Gotta be getting question marks over a sideways trade into him now.

Particularly with the efforts of the other Magpie midfielders!

Beams on the other hand provided lovely Ablett coverage to those who have held onto him!

Anyways, how you all going?
OK heres the best I can come up with.   Remember to preserve trades where possible, and only go to keepers.

Probably only one massive cash cow can be afforded from here, the rest will have to be strategic upgrades.

Best of luck to you all.   Should be an excellent round of football again, as the battle for the top 4 intensifies.

DEF
Rookie
Silvester (83400) - Now or never if youre going to pick him.
Hurley (154200) - When he plays 2 in a row; hes an option.  Surely better than McPhee :)
McKernan (94200) - Good heritage, but otherwise a graveyard for rookies.  Thank goodness for Grimes/Broughton and to a lesser extent Hill.

Midrange
S Fisher (393300) - Looked amazing first quarter last week.  Maybe getting to the "I can not ignore him any more" price range.  Plays for the Saints which is a blessing and a curse.
Mackie (379900) - Maybe turning a corner.  The ultimate tease.
McPhee (386900)- After bagging him out before, maybe he wont belt me up if I include him.

Premium
The G Force is in this week...
Gilbert (462600)
Goddard (545800)
Grimes (426200)
All great value...otherwise there are options - The H Team (Hodge, Hurn, Hargrave) or Alfred E Newman.

Chad Cornes and Drummond are great value players who will drop after this round most likely so if you want a premium may be best to wait.

MID
Rookie
The boat will be sailing on a lot of the old favourites.  As youre really just looking for cheap players to get some coin, here are the best:
Anthony (94200) - Looks a good cheap reliable player
C Garlett (101800) - Cheap and might get a go under the Crock
S Reid (113100) - Has been waiting all year for his chance for Doggies...but competition in that teams red hot.

Midrange
Moloney (415500) - Churns out the points.  Consistent 80-90s
Prismall (427600) - Can find the footy.
Salopek (374500) - Has been when fit, a SuperCoach machine.  Getting fitness and Port have a lovely run home.

Premium
Gibbs (500400) - Now...
Supercoach backlines of late have been absolutely decimated this year. from injuries, to suspension, weve seen it all.

But for the first time this year, Im having a difficult time in choosing who to bench. And man, its a good feeling.

Anyways, heres my current backline.

Broughton - 159 (98.71)
Grimes - 142 (98.12)
Lake - 134 (87.07)
Bock - 117 (97.40
Hodge - 112 (88.73)
McMahon - 111 (95.93)
Goddard - 99 (114.64)

Cornes - 0 (94.2)
Cheney - NA

I suppose the easy answer would be Brian Lake, having the lowest average there. But to be fair, his 3 round average is sitting on 109.33. Not a bad return.

But no, I digress. The purpose of this post isnt to big note my backline. (alright, maybe just a little bit... it feels good to have such form! :D), but to bring attention to
<a href="http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/80097/default.aspx">this[/url] article.

Cornes is set for an early comeback! Which should be a nice game against Melbourne to get back into things.

If they werent playing Melbourne, I would strongly be considering keeping Studly chad on the bench... but hey, its Melbourne. :D

So, if you were me. Who would you bench? (All, if this is the worst of my problems for the week, Im gunna be smiling all week! :D)
Alright, scores are up, and boy am I celebrating.

2493. My highest score in the year.

In fact, 5 weeks ago, I was lamenting down in 6000th+ place.

This week, broke into the top 1000!

But enough about me.

This week was the clash of the titans. The biggest game of the year by far, in which the mighty Saints won by a single goal over the Cats. Not just that though, Lenny Hayes top scored this week in Supercoach with an impressive 174.

Rounding out the top five were the always impressive Chris Judd (165);

a welcome return to defended Andrew Carrazzo scoring a year high total of 164;

Perhaps the score of the round, a MASSIVE 159 to rookie Greg Broughton.

And rounding out the top five was an impressive return to the form of old, Brad Johnson. Scoring a 153 in the dogs routing of the once mighty Hawks.

The TooSerious Legends held onto top spot, but were caught by the pack a little... still holding a substantial lead, but we gotta lift!

Kismet made the biggest move this week, with a 2300 moving him up into the money in second place and closing in fast on the lead.

The highest score of the round didnt break the 2700 mark this week, coming in at 2630. Makes me wish that Stevie J had played this week... I reckon my 58th this week could have given it a shake with him on the field! :D

Ah well. Im just stoked to have made it into the top 1000!

Anyways, stats are up everyone. How did you all go?
Just a quick post...

<a href="http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/79966/default.aspx">The 2009 NAB AFL Under-18 All-Australian team:[/url]

B: Andrew Hooper (VC), Blayne Wilson (WA), Bradley Sheppard (WA)
HB: Josh Toy (VM), Daniel Talia (VM), David Swallow (WA)
C: Anthony Morabito (WA), Dustin Martin (VC), Mitchell Duncan (WA)
HF: Kane Lucas (WA), Jack Darling (WA), Gary Rohan (VC)
F: Brandon Matera (WA), Matthew Panos (SA), Ben Cunnington (VC)
Foll: James Craig (SA), Jack Trengove (SA), Tom Scully (VM)
IC: Luke Tapscott (SA), Ryan Harwood (TAS), Dylan McNeil (NSW/ACT), Travis Colyer (WA)
Coach: Andrew Lockyer (WA)
Asst Coach: Brenton Phillips (SA)

Managed to get 13... awwww. :)

How you all go? anyone take it out? :D Understandably, theres a *lot* of WA in there. :D
Arg, twas a decent match. Closer than the scoreboard read I though while watching it.

But hey, what can be said. The pies are a great team this year. I was happy to see us perform the way we did!

But thats not why were here. Were here for Supercoach!

And Diddles. scoring excellently for a 4th week with a 136. Meanwhile, Swan scored himself a single point in the TS Best and Fairest.

Beams once again rewarded all those coaches that held onto him by scoring another 90+

For the Bombers, Dempsey and Prismall both did very well. And Lucas once again rewarded those coaches that held onto him.

But it wasnt all roses tonight. Paddy Ryder scored a dismal 37 (compared to Frasers 144, I reckon that was the difference in the game!), Lockyer, Neon Leon and Pendles all scored in the 60s. Which will make some coaches pretty upset for the weekend. (and others smiling at the potential cheaper injury replacements in upcoming weeks... :D)

Anyways, onwards and upwards. Drop in a comment on how youre going.