TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Sure this isnt going to be the best week for Best Buys, but you might need to think if you have Cox, Giansiracusa or Pavlich.   Otherwise heres a list of the good (premium), the bad (or sometimes bad - midrange) and the ugly (rookies generally have pimples on their faces...)

Until next week, hope the blockbuster (Saints-Cats) and mockbuster spoiler (Pies-Dons) turn out to be classics, and that the SuperCoach God treats your players kindly.    Donations to this site do not count as indulgences.

DEF
Rookie
Silvester (83400) - Suffering suckatash - a cliffhanger selection - wont get 90s but like rocky - hes cheap
Schoenmakers (166900) - Getting game time
Hurley (154200) - Will get a run sooner or later

Midrange
S Fisher (416700) - Average SuperCoach form but in a great team.  Gilbert Grape strikes again?... Also could be even better next week.
Harding (409100) - Change of coach, return of Harvey - good portents
Hodge (442400) - I think hes on his way up again.

Premium
Newman (491600) - And getting better.  Next week...
Mattner (474400) - Released to just gather SuperCoach points, he delivers again.  Watching R Shaws score decline correspondingly.
Goddard (537100) - Just get him if you dont have him.  Clearly the best DEF.

MID
Rookie
Meyer (83400) - Power rookie but ex-Tiger has got two games and looked OK.
Swift (124700) - Eagles midrange draft pick getting a run.
Muston (196400) - Hawks will want a good look at him.  Playing team role.

Midrange
Moloney (410000) - You can do far worse.  94 average.
Kerr (340500) - Still can be seen to be value
Hasleby (418700) - Getting well fed by Sandilands.

Premium
Gibbs (476300) - Good game in losing team - is this the turning point?
Bartel (546500) - Write him off at your peril.
Cross (491400) - Looks to be back churning out the points...and the handballs...

FWD
Rookie
Schoenmakers (166900) - better forward than back
Jurrah (144200) - 3rd game about to go up
Vickery...
Last chance for the <a href="http://www.afl.com.au/development/nabaflrisingstarsprogram/nabunder18s/u18allaustraliancompetition/tabid/14416/default.aspx">U18 All Australian championships.[/url]

Registration closes tonight I think. (or maybe tomorrow... depends if its inclusive of the 1st I guess!)

So get your entries in! :D

And if your feeling sporting, post your entries into the comments here!

Its an easy $1000 bucks on research you should already be doing! So get in there!

And good luck!
Alright, I promised myself I would avoid the unlucky 13 cliche, but its been a big big round!

Firstly, Ablett. You legend! 206 points worth of legend!

The top 5 were rounded out by Dane swan (whos making a run in the TS best and fairest) with a 167,
Diddles with a 163 (raising 130k over the last 2 weeks!),
Mattner, with a 161 who is in massive form at the moment, and
Sam Mitchell who did great in a losing side for a 160.

My boys finally put in a decent effort with a 2374. (Not having cox might actually pay off! :D)

Buster Gonad jumped the woodyman up into 4th position with a mighty 2355. Funnily, a Cox - Sandi trade would have had him a single point behind the lead... :D

But, if ifs and buts were candy and nuts... how does that go again?. :D

The legends once again pulled away from their rivals outscoring every other league down to 9th... But even my 2374 (up into 2000th), could I top score this round with those honors going to The Zappers, with a might 2465 jumping them up to 269th! and second overall in the league. Just 50 points behind the Windy Hill Wizards and 1st place!

Was a far cry from the top score for the round which again topped 2700, 2741 to be exact.

Anyways, were in the home stretch for the finals now. Hopefully weve spent all the trades we need, and can cruise through reletivily unharmed up until the finals.

Good luck all.
Go you good things!!!

Ryder and Lucas continue their good form, but the big scores went to a couple of blues - Murphy and Gibbs.

Anyways, this weekend is off to a great start! (At least if youre a bomber fan, or you dont have Judd as captain!)

How are you all going?
Another week, another lot of Best Buys. Its a real shame Ballantyne is coming in now, as all trades from here on in should be reserved for upgrades or replacing injured players, like Ziebell. Still, there are some great options to look at.

Defenders

Rookies
<ol>
,<li>C Pearce, 83400</li>
,<li>M Hurley, 154200</li>
,<li>M Maguire, 162900</li>
</ol>
Pearce the only option here, though you would have to think Maguire and Hurley are close to games.

Midrange
<ol>
,<li>S Gilbert, 410300</li>
,<li>L Hodge, 430200</li>
,<li>T Thurstans, 410100</li>
</ol>
Hodge is a star, but still has some falling to do. I have a feeling Ill be laughedat for Thurstans, but hes averaging 100 in the Chad Cornes role and may end up being similar to Nick Maxwell. If you missed out on Gilbert before, get on now.(look at the Saints run home!) Also look at Lake, Milburn, Ellis, Pratt and Broughton.

Premium
<ol>
,<li>S Fisher, 453200</li>
,<li>N Bock, 481300</li>
,<li>B Goddard, 539800</li>
</ol>
Probably better looking at the midrangers. Fisher is cheap, but Gilbert is better, while Goddard and Bock are super defenders to own, although Hodge may end up scoring more in the next few weeks.

Midfielders

Rookies
<ol>
,<li>T Swift, 107400</li>
,<li>J Davenport, 94200</li>
,<li>L Anthony, 94200</li>
</ol>
Stay away until Anthony gets a game. At least Swift is getting a game, though e should be dropped.

Midrangers
<ol>
,<li>B Stanton 422300</li>
,<li>D Kerr 329300</li>
,<li>B Muston, 206600</li>
</ol>
Surprisingly few options. Kerr is a smokey, while Muston has a lot of upside to him still.

Premiums
<ol>
,<li>N Dal Santo, 552200</li>
,<li>D Cross, 470800</li>
,<li>L Davis, 550000</li>
</ol>
Guns! How did Cross get so cheap, while Dal Santo and Davis could be options for replacing Pendlebury (should probably hold onto him though). Also look at Crossys partner in crime Matthew Boyd at 456000, and Luke Power at 480900 is another...
Hi all.

Im not sure if Im going to be able to get the Best Buys out this week (though there could be some real beauties in weeks to come that arent ripe now - read Hodge, Drummond, Pendlebury and Harvey).  If I get an update out, great, if not, put down some of your bargains in the comments.   Will help each of us out.

What I thought would be pertinent to do was look at the teams playing each other in the Supercoach finals weeks of Round 19-20-21-22.   Because it could be curtains for some of your teams if you dont do the analysis now.   My team has a Buddy-Roughy front end which could come home like a freight train....but in what is very likely to be a knockout final I will have the Hawks v Saints down at Aurora.   After the Lions belting still making me shiver, I am not looking forward to this.

Also Ive done the sheet having say the Collingwood-Dogs match in Rd 22 as effectively a Dogs home game.   Because the AFL was stupid enough to have us playing Dogs in 2 matches at the Dome within 10 weeks.   Other games have been treated similarly.

So take a look at the draw, and lets do some group think about the key matches that will go into crowing each other as Supercoach League winners in 2009!

<table style="width: 223pt; border-collapse: collapse;" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="296"><col style="width: 48pt;" span="1" width="64"></col><col style="width: 40pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1938;" span="3" width="53"></col><col style="width: 55pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2669;" span="1" width="73"></col>
<tbody>
<tr style="height: 15pt;">
<td style="width: 48pt; height: 15pt; background-color: transparent; border: #d4d0c8;" width="64" height="20"> 

<td class="xl73" style="border-right: black 1pt solid; border-top: windowtext 1pt solid; border-left: windowtext 1pt solid; width: 175pt; border-bottom: windowtext 0.5pt solid; background-color: yellow;" colspan="4"...
Just a quick update.

Ablett. Fail.
Okeefe. Win.

Franklin. Fail.
TooSeriousLegends. Win. (extended our lead!)

woodyman. Win. (Up to 2nd!!)
Pendlebury. Fail. (Sorry Woodyman! Hopefully hell only be gone for 2!)

And Broughton! What a superstar!!

Chris, were keeping an eye on you as well. :) Sitting in 12th! Nice show. 

I hope we all survived the split round and can move forward in high spirits to the second half of the year!
Yes, we are only at the mid point of the season, but Ive got to say, without some kind of injury/severe form drop off... I think its done and dusted.

Gary Ablett (19). Hes an utter Supercoach legend. Six points clear of his closest rival, Leigh Montagna (13).

19 Gary Ablett
13 Leigh Montagna
12 Leon Davis
10 Adam Goodes
10 Nick Dal Santo
9 Brad Sewell
9 Brendon Goddard
9 Lenny Hayes
9 Paul Duffield
8 Chris Judd

Leigh Montagna on the other hand, is leading the DreamTeam board with a score of 16. Leading Gary Ablett by 3 points (13).

16 Leigh Montagna
13 Gary Ablett
12 Dane Swan
11 Nick Riewoldt
10 Brent Stanton
10 Lenny Hayes
10 Steve Johnson
9 Jimmy Bartel
9 Joel Bowden
9 Kade Simpson

So at the mid-point of the season, the Ablett/Montagna combination is still holding up strong. Though we are seeing some potential challengers coming up on Montagna in the DreamTeam side.

Particularly with Montagna playing in the same teams as other high scorers such as Riewoldt (11), Hayes (10), Dal Santo (8), Goddard (6).

And a big challenge from DreamTeam favorite, Dane Swan, whos hit back into form with 8 of his 12 points coming from the last 3 weeks!

So. If youve got any spare cash, put it on Ablett for the Brownlow. Heck, get Montagna in there on the each way if you can.

And multi it with Rich for the rising star!

Good luck all... and lets get on with the FOOTY!
So, without a full week to review, my time (and yours) might be better spent having a look at the next generation of youngsters.

Particulary with the AFL running <a href="http://www.afl.com.au/development/nabaflrisingstarsprogram/nabunder18s/u18allaustraliancompetition/tabid/14416/default.aspx">this ripper of a comp.[/url]

$1000 to the person who can predict the 22 players you think will recieve all Australian honours after the championships.

Get up to date with your rookies for next year and at the same time, put yourself in for the chance for $1000.

Can it get any better?

So, who do we expect to get in?

Well, the obvious names to look at would be out of the following:

Tom Scully and Kane Lucas, both should be first round midfield picks in the coming draft.
John Butcher, with his performance so far, is being touted as a #1 pick over Scully up there.

But after that, theres a couple of stand up names, like Carey, Morabito, Matera... But I dont know if I would *lock* them in just yet.

Anyways, Ill submit the following team for your perusal.

B : Andrew Hooper, Sam Reid, Marcus Davies
HB: Josh Toy, Daniel Talia, David Swallow
C : Jack Trengove, Kane Lucas, Anthony Morabito
HF: Jesse Crichton , John Butcher, Alex Carey
F : Brandon Matera ,Ben Griffiths, Gary Rohan
Fo: Nathan Vardy, Tom Scully, Hayden Jolly

IC: Zac Smith, Jack Darling, Koby Stevens, Allen Christensen

Not a bad starting place, but with two more weeks remaining, Im sure it will change a lot!

Anyways, good luck with this one! And keep an eye on those championships!
In the absence of anything up for the weekend, heres as good a spot as any for celebrations and commiserations.

Should be an interesting game tonight - and it shapes as a huge game which can determine the entire matchup with clutch in/out of form players such as Nick Dal Santo, Bryce Gibbs, Brendan Fevola and Justin Koschitzke on the park.

Hope your teams go well, and may the comments begin.

Oh yeah for Captains, how about that Ablett fellow.

If you dont have him simply pick your best average player for this week.  Its as good a tip as any I can give.