TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

OK its a time for some best buys.  Im putting in a structured blog that maybe one we stick with in the future depending on your feedback.  I will go through each position and give the best buys in three categories: rookie (sub200), midrange (201-449) and premium (450+). 

Needless to say, the best time to trade is after lots of thought on Friday after teams are announced, and if in doubt say NO and cop a zero or emergency!

Without further ado...

DEF
Rookies (sub200)
1) Broughton 83400
2) Grima  94200
3) Greenwood 94200
Comments: Nothing great in defence.  Cheney too expensive to downgrade to and doesnt get a game.   Better to stick with one of these three who have found potential to get 2 games.   Collier was close, but his BE is pathetic and two years running hasnt done it for me.  Spudrenko..? No.

Midrange (201-449)
1) Ryder  414200
2) P Burgoyne 417300
3) Grimes  252000
Comments: Ryder is still on the up, P Burgoyne cant drop much more, and Grimes is still not a bad selection.   Well recommended within the Demons hierarchy and negative Breakeven.  Adcock unlucky to miss - nearing his low point.   Value to be had here with Ryder playing in the ruck now.

Premium (450+)
1) McMahon 451200
2) Maxwell 487200
3) Gilbee 463100
Comments: McMahon and Maxwell are in red hot form.  Whether that is because of the deficiencies in their teams forward structure or not remains to be seen.  Of the rest, Gilbee is probably the best value, but there are a host of others in the running such as Newman and Birchall still in reach.  Most of the other premiums are too far away and could drop further in weeks to come.

MID
Rookies (sub200)
1) Muston 94200
2) Cockie  154700
3) Sheldon 154500
Comments:  OK really only Muston is value here.  I still reckon wait a week or even two - he will be on the list again next week at the same value, but with less risk if he can get through unscathed.   Cockie and Sheldon are the...
With the Under 18 Championships underway, its time I give some linky love to <a href="http://www.afldraftinfo.com/">AFL Draft Info[/url]

While it might be combersome to navigate, and yanno, hit the majority of branches when it fell out of the ugly tree, it does have some excellent info to be gleaned from it.

Not just info from the under 18s either. There are reports from both the WAFL and SANFL.

Also, dont forget the <a href="http://www.afl.com.au/development/nabaflrisingstarsprogram/nabunder18s/news/tabid/13579/default.aspx">AFLs home for the U18[/url]

A fantastic resource for research into next year.

Ill be keeping an eye on this and trying to report back the juicy bits and pieces... But youll find your life a lot easier next year if you follow this thing! :)
Wow, what a week. I though the curses of round 7 had passed... but round 8 turned to be a false dawn...

But before I start on the bad, lets reflect a little on the good. well start with a classic by one Jerry Jeff Walker.

<blockquote>I knew a man, BeauMuston, and he danced for you
In worn out shoes.
With silver hair, a ragged shirt and baggy pants,
The old soft shoe.
He jumped so high, jumped so high, then he lightly touched down.</blockquote>

135! What a debut performance for this kid. Hes being brought into my team so fast its gunna make your head spin! (Well, after next week anyways... three knee reconstructions dont provide me too much faith... :D)

Jesus is back and as good as ever... still has a break even of 198 though, so those thinking of jumping on board still have one more week to free up a little dosh.

Neon Leon is back! What an absolute freak! Definitely the performer of the year so far (in my opinion!)

And finally, Haselby... making himself a fairly safe #6 mid to those of us both with him, and struggling for trades...

Now onto the bad news.

Paul Chapman. OUCH! I was suprised to here 1-2 weeks... Im doubting one week... particularly with two games to play before the split round week off.,

Shaun Higgins. Keep an ear out on this boy. Injury prone, but man, do we all wish he could become a keeper!

Lindsay Gilbee. Lots have recently traded him in due to his form lift... heres to hoping he doesnt miss a week.

Aaron Sandilands. See Gilbee... :)

Jarrad Waite. Oh dear god WHY!!! WHY Do this to me!!! :(

As well as bad scoring all around.

Heck, the #1 team, retained their position with a score of 2,060.

The Number 3 league moved up to Number 1 with an average of 1895. Way below their overall overage of 2118.

That said, that league is known as the TooSerious Legends.

Way to go boys! A supurb effort! Currently headed up by Virginia. Whos sitting in 34th overall!

A brilliant effort everyone!.

So......
Aright, this one deserves its own post... People have been umming and ahhh-ing about his upgrade for the week...

Now, your hand might be <a href="http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=77376">forced on the issue.[/url]

<blockquote>PORT Adelaide will be without young playmaker Nathan Krakouer when it heads to Sydney to tackle the Swans on Sunday.

Krakouer, 21, has been a revelation across half-back but the lightly framed West Australian has developed some soreness over the opening eight rounds.</blockquote>

So, is that going to Duck anyone up? or perhaps has lack of going down will be a blessing is disguise for those who bench him? Plus, a week off might do him wonders.
And BJ missed a classic game winning kick on the siren.

I reckon that might have gotten him the top score for the night.

But instead that honor goes to one Gary Ablett, who has certainly come back with a vengeance.

Making all those best and fairest players who picked him smile (not to mention the coaches that held onto him.)

Decent performances by Corey and Selwood, but shockers from Bartel, Chappy, Higgins, Lake, Cooney and Gilbee will see a bunch of coaches disappointed with their Friday nights...

Heres hoping we can get something a little better tomorrow... (Or Sunday... Carn Roo!)

How are you all doing?
Well I didnt go so well last week, with Essendon performing surprisingly well against the Saints. At least Bartel, my first non Saint pick, performed and chipped in a 180 odd.
<ol>
,<li>Nick Riewoldt. He let me down last week (sort of), but with no Patfull or Merrett, he should dominate.</li>
,<li>Gary Ablett. Do I need to give a reason? Groin injuries traditionally cut scoring output though (Luke Ball had one didnt he?)</li>
,<li>Dean Cox. A champion of the game. If Fraser doesnt play, he may even take #1. Racked up 155 points in a team that lost by 100 points with Fraser in the team last year, so who knows what he could do if the Eagles are close?</li>
,<li>Brad Sewell. Hasnt failed yet, and is playing the Dees. They havent let many score too big though.</li>
,<li>Scott Pendlebury. The #1 scorer in the competition, likes the Eagles. Expect another solid score.</li>
,<li>Chris Judd. He has a bad record against Adelaide, but that was mainly due to Shirley who will miss this week. In irresistible form, with 3 120+ scores in a row.</li>
,<li>Matthew Pavlich. Had a day out last year with 8 goals against the,. In the middle now, but still scoring well.</li>
,<li> Brendon Goddard. Another player in excellent form.</li>
,<li>Jimmy Bartel. Great game on the weekend, and dont put it past him to back it up.</li>
,<li>Nick Dal Santo. If Selwood isnt named, strongly consider.</li>
</ol>
Also look at: Daniel Cross, Josh Drummond, Leigh Montangna, Leon Davis, Lenny Hayes, Joel Selwood.

Now since this is a football website, I thought Id have a crack at trying to nail the 8 this week (succeeded last week-knew I should have started then!)

My tips are in BOLD
Geelong v Western Bulldogs ETIHAD

Its Geelong

Kangaroos vs Fremantle, ETIHAD

Never tip Fremantle away from Subiaco.
Adelaide vs Carlton, AAMI

At AAMI, Adelaide should beat the Blues.
West Coast vs Collingwood, SUBIACO

My smoky. Collingwood will be keen...
Terry Wallet is GOOOOONNNEEEEE!!!

Thats right, hot off the presses this morning, a emergency board meeting occured at 11:30 this morning, and the net result.

Ol Terry hotpant is shuffling his way back to the twos.

In other news and rumours.

Hill and Suban might be "getting rested".
Bock is likely to miss this week.
(ps- my back line hates you guys!)
Terry Wallace has been named the new coach of the Tigers.
Mundy should be fine to play
Chapman is "Likely to play"
Ablett is near a shoe-in to play.
Kevin sheedy and Jade Rawlings have mounted a coupe against Terry, more news to follow.
Scott Thompson has been struggling with hamstring tightness... will prove an excellent pickup once thats sorted...
And Kane Cornes should be right to go.

In other news, Terry has been named the new coach of the tigers

Heres to hoping the selection table is kind tonight.
(oh and 150+ comments on the last post. Good discussion guys! You make this place an awesome place to visit! :D)
Stats are up, and a lot of big scores have been posted.

Sadly, only Bartel is in my squad, so I SUCKED this week! :)

Thankfully, the injury train looks to have taken a little break this week with the main nes revolving around Kornes...

Oh Kornes! Why did you take the field! Robbo was my emergency and man, in all ways it would have been better for you to miss!!

Bad week for the bookies as *every* favorite got up... but hey, there were a couple of good games in there.

Richmond got *so* close, but have got to be thinking about draft picks moving forward.

Relevent from the angle that players might be put away early in the season... (Who knows with Terry though...).

Also, the Bombers put in a decent showing against the Saints. I think its the happiest Ive ever been after a loss... Carn the dons! :D
youch, some pain in that Freo game.

Hill, youch! Mundy, wowsers!

That said though, Pav, Mitchell and Sewell have all put in respectable scores.

Anyone jump on Pav this week? Thinking of getting on next week?
With Gary Ablett still on the sidelines, we once again actually have to think about our captain choices. My top picks are:
<ol>
,<li>Nick Riewoldt vs Essendon. 142, 129, 157, 146 are his last 4 scores, and he loves the Bombers scoring 168 points in his last game against them. Get on.</li>
,<li>Brendon Goddard vs Essendon. Another performing well, with 154 last year.</li>
,<li>Nick Dal Santo vs Essendon. You get the picture? Pick a Saint!</li>
,<li>Jimmy Bartel vs North Melbourne. 144 last year against North, and in wet conditions, without Gazza, should do well. Beware the curse of Rawlings though.</li>
,<li>Joel Bowden vs PA. Bit of a smokey, but he got 223 last time so....</li>
,<li>Chris Judd vs Collingwood. Inside mids do well against the Pies, and Judd is the best of the Blues.</li>
,<li>Joel Corey vs North Melbourne. See Brownlow Bartel. 133 against North last year.</li>
,<li>Scott Pendlebury vs Carlton. Form midfielder of the competition.</li>
,<li>Paul Chapman vs North Melbourne. Kicked 4 last year in a 130 point performance. Hopefully his teammates will mistake him for Gazza and give him lots of kicks.</li>
,<li>Leigh Montagna vs Essendon. Another in form Saint.</li>
</ol>
Also look at: Lenny Hayes, Joel Selwood, Marc Murphy, Sam Fisher, Matthew Pavlich.