TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Now the season starts properly with head to head match ups!  For some reason, Im playing Sheedy in all 3 of my leagues first up-pencil in a win for me!

So how is everyone else doing?
Those of you loyal fans that are back after last year will remember Dogs Best Buys, well in 2009 it is back. Not yet, though. But here is a teaser.

<!--more-->

Get that good stuff ready for Hodge and Riewoldt after their drops of $60,000, they whacked on a reasonable score this week meaning their breakeven are still high but reachable at 161 for Hodge and 154 for Roo. Expected another one or two reasonable drops and then hit the trade button.

A few that are still along way off their lowest price are Black with a breakeven of 225, Power with 191 and Cooney at 190 after an already massive $64,700 price drop.

Harvey has had the biggest drop of the week, and has continued to score poorly. His breakevn of 187 means he might be a straight swap for Skipworth or Higgins in the near future.

Also, keep a watch on Bartel (breakeven: 169), Buddy (183) and Pavlich (135) who should all continue dropping in price. In the ruck watch Hille (109) and Petrie (124) as they have had small drops and all it will take is one really bad week and we could see those with a poor 2nd ruck jump on at a bargain price.
This is really the last week for you to finish your team before prices really kick in, taking players beyond reach. A lot of the players I mentioned in last weeks bargains have not yet maxed out, so for players like Krakouer, Rich, Dangerfield and Gilbert still at achievable prices with lots of upside. Despite this, there are a few more bargains who have only played 2 games to find a place on your bench for.

Dayne Beams, Collingwood, Midfielder, $94,200, Breakeven -84

The Magpie with the tattoos has scored reasonably well, and history tells us that when Mick picks a youngster he gives them a fair go (think Anthony, Clarke, Wellingham and Brown). The Pies need inside midfielders so he should get a good run.

David Zaharakis, Essendon, Midfield, $94,200, BE -97

Another classy midfielder, this one is more a wingman though. The round 2 rising star should hold his place due to Essendons need to blood the kids, but may find his TOG cut by the returns of McVeigh, Welsh, Prismall and maybe even Lonergan and Houli.

Liam Picken, Western Bulldogs, Midfield, $83,400, BE -53

Definitely not my first picked, but seems to have locked his spot in with excellent tagging performances on Brent Harvey and Brett Deledio.

Darcy Daniher, Essendon,Forward, $138,200, BE -60

Scoring reasonably well from full back, however i doubt hell be in the side when Hurley returns. Frankly, he looked terrible on Fevola on the weekend and only Fevs kicking saved him from an absolute mauling.

Alex Rance, Richmond, Defence, $94,200, BE -80

Performed reasonably well in the last two games for the Tigers, at this stage I think he may be better value than Cheney was last week. Provides some flair and shuts down his opponent, the Tigers would be mad to drop him.

Knightys top picks:

Unless you have an injury, you should probably be saving your trades for upgrades and cashing in your rookies later on, not to mention more...
A mammoth round, with the usual par score of 2200, being pushed up to 2300. Chapman (160), Goddard (175), Drummond (164), Cornes (126), Higgins (124), Haselby (131), Ablett (150), Montanga (174), Dal Santo (135), Gilbert (130) and finally Jolly (131) are the reason why the scores were so big.

So were you a Happy Chappy or are you going to Tuck that score away and move on to next week?
Well, happy easter all!

Hows our round threes treating us all?

Ablett as captain, Bartel, Chapstick, Selwood and Thomas have all given me a very early Easter pressy... Well, not thomas. He bought me an egg, but then butchered it...

So, hows everyone else going?
Just a quick little thought Ive been thinking.

You know how lockout this week is 160 minutes after the teams are announced?

And how many, many teams are going to be trading to jump on the right rookies?

And how the server started choking a lunchtime on that fateful round one lockout?

What do you reckon the odds are of things going pear shaped?

I for one am going to have my captain selections and emergencies all set up today.

Cause damn, if it does go down, theres going to be some disasterous outcomes for teams...
There isnt much to talk about in the rucks, unless youre after a replacement for Brad Ottens. Dont forget to get Dean Cox if you havent already got him.Hes expensive, but hes worth it.
· Hamish McIntosh, NM, $335,300 (BE -51) Can you believe Laidley considered trading this bloke? Averaging 120, McIntosh is the perfect replacement for all you Brad Ottens owners.
· Jessie White, Sydney, $126,500 (BE -71) Like his partner in crime Darren Jolly, White had a day out against the undermanned Hawk, collecting 103 points. Don’t expect that again, but you could do worse than stick him on the bench.
· Justin Koschitzke, St Kilda, $422,200 (BE -21) Has been brilliant, averaging 128 points; however he has a history of inconsistency. Might be better to go for Jolly or Fraser, who are around the same price range instead.
Knightys’ top picks:
The only reason you could have for trading your rucks this week is Brad Ottens, in which case McIntosh is your man.
While Im sure most of you would assume that with a title like that, ts post would be about the 4 week Chris Knights injury.

You could be further from the truth. What its actually about is the announcement of a new poster in these parts.

Knighty mate, welcome aboard. We wanna see some good clean posting.

Nothing below the belt- well, maybe if the refs arent looking... (Watch out for parasite- hell kick you in the groin three times before you hit the ground!)

Now, back to your corner and come out swinging.

*ding ding*
Now for the midfielders. There are lots of options here, so get as many as you can.
· Daniel Rich, Brisbane, $144,200 (BE -114) If for some bizarre reason beyond my understanding you don’t already have Rich, get on him now, he’s the biggest bargain since fish and chips.
· Mitch Robinson, Carlton, $94,200 (BE -109) Don’t expect 100s every week, but he’ll make you a huge profit if you don’t already have him.
· Nick Dal Santo, St Kilda, $550,400 (BE 25) The former SuperCoach god is back to his best, get him now or you’ll regret it.
· Aaron Joseph, Carlton, $83,400 (BE-98) Another Carlton player, this young player has earned a lot of favour in the coaches’ box for his commitment. A steal at his price.
· Patrick Dangerfield, $105,000 (BE -70) &amp; Andy Otten, $134,600 (BE -84) This Crows duo are both class ball users who will earn you plenty of cash and points. Ottens probably slightly better for SuperCoach value.
· Brent Moloney, Melbourne, $389,000 (BE -6) Scores of 126 and 98 have coaches wondering where he came from. Beware though, the former Cat may struggle with his team poor at best.
· Heath Hocking, Essendon, $265,600 (BE -64) Like Moloney, Hocking wouldn’t have been on most coaches radars, with just .75 % of coaches having the Bomber, who has looked excellent so far.
Also have a look at:
Richard Hadley, Carlton, $424,400, BE -2, Average 120
Andrew Swallow, North Melbourne, $240,500 BE -52 , Average 94
Farren Ray,St Kilda, $347,200 BE -25, Average 110

Knightys’ top picks:
Just about everywhere you look there is value in the midfielders. All SuperCoachers worth their salt should already have Robinson and Rich, so I’ll nominate my man Andy Otten, who I’ve had from the start, as the best bargain here.
<p class="MsoNormal">[span lang="EN-AU">
We here at Too Serious think its a damned shame that there are all these dedicated fantasy football coaches and not enough ways for them to be repaid for their efforts with some cold hard cash. So we got to thinking that there needs to be a fantasy Brownlow equivalent and who better to provide it than... us. :D

How it works
Each week, points from 3 to 1 will be awarded to the players who have the highest score, per game, from each competition (3 being the highest and 1 the third highest). These scores will be tallied throughout the season to find our fantasy football best and fairest players. Ahh yes. The fairest bit. Any player who is suspended throughout the season is immediately disqualified.

How to play
The rules are - You pick one player from DreamTeam and one player from Supercoach. You cannot pick the same player twice and you cannot pick two players from the same team (so kiss goodbye to your Ablett/Bartell combo right now :p ). Pick these guys carefully because once youve picked them, theyre yours for the season.

The winner at the end of the season is the guy who has the highest score with his two picks totals combined.

How to enter
Any person who donates (or has donated this year) $10 or more to TooSerious is allowed to enter. Just email your two picks with your user name to me at Too.Serious.Team.Management@gmail.com before round 5 lockout. That would be Friday, 24 April 2009 To avoid any confusion, please make it clear who is your SuperCoach pick and who is your DreamTeam pick. Remember you dont need to actually coach a team in both competitions to play in this one. Just take a stab.

To become eligible to enter (if youre not already), hit that donate button up there and go to town on that bad boy. :D

The prizes
Currently, the prize pool is $500. In the case of a draw, the prize pool will be split evenly between the winning competitors. I say the prize pool is *currently* $500...