TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Last but not least we have the forwards. Most of these should have been on every fantasy coaches radar, but pick them up if you havent already got them.
· Shaun Higgins, WB, $223,400 (BE -81) 50% of the competition have Higgins, but if you are one of the other half who doesn’t make him your number 1 priority, as he is performing like someone priced twice as much.
· Hayden Skipworth, Essendon, $219,700 (BE -78) Another popular pick, but if you don’t have him get him now before his price skyrockets.
· Taylor Walker, Adelaide, $94,200 (BE -23) Like the other 2, he’s popular. But strongly consider him if you don’t have him yet, as his scores should improve now Hentschel is out.
· Steve Johnson, Geelong, $471,800 (BE 7) Surprisingly, he’s my first Cat. But Stevie J is playing brilliantly in the midfield and kicking crucial goals, which makes him a must have. For a similar price, also look at Collingwood’s Leon Davis ($513,300, BE 43)
· Eddie Betts, Carlton, $363,100 (BE -7) The little genius is doing as well as his team, in no small part to him. Expect his average to level out below his current 105, but he’s still a good pickup.
· Nathan Krakouer, PA, $217,800 (BE -36) The role change to half back is doing wonders for Krakouer, who’s ball use makes him an excellent SuperCoach option, much like Shannon Hurn and Linday Gilbee.
Also have a look at:
Mark Le Cras, West Coast, $320,100, BE -14, Average 96
Aaron Davey, Melbourne $425,300 BE -4, Average 121
Mitchell Brown ,West Coast, $94,200 BE -32, Average 42’

Knightys top picks:

If you don’t already have Skipworth and Higgins, get them. If not, Stevie Johnson should be highly considered, while Krakouer is a good replacement for Hentschel.

So that’s the bargains of the week. As you can see, there are plenty of options this week, depending on exactly what your team needs. Don’t forget to look out...
<a href="http://insidefootballonline.com/crackers.html">Written here[/url]

<blockquote>Top draftee faces spectre of jail time
One high-profile Victorian club is very angry at one of its star draftees. And it’s not over something trivial like a push and shove in a bar or nightclub. It is alleged that the star recruit was involved in a gang invasion of a house where baseball bats and machetes were used. It happened in his home state before last year’s draft and my contacts in that state tell me the courts have been extremely harsh in judging similar cases. He is likely to be charged with assault and in all probability may go to jail. One insider at the club told me that if the club had known “we would have gone down a different track and recruited someone else”. Maybe the AFL should demand full disclosure form draftees in future. It would be pretty crook if you were to draft somebody and he was to suddenly say “I’ll see you in 18 months when I get out”.</blockquote>

hmmmm... who could it be? Let the speculation begin!
<!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face ,{font-family:Wingdings; ,panose-1:5 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0; ,mso-font-charset:2; ,mso-generic-font-family:auto; ,mso-font-pitch:variable; ,mso-font-signature:0 268435456 0 0 -2147483648 0;} @font-face ,{font-family:"Cambria Math"; ,panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; ,mso-font-charset:1; ,mso-generic-font-family:roman; ,mso-font-format:eek:ther; ,mso-font-pitch:variable; ,mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face ,{font-family:Calibri; ,panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; ,mso-font-charset:0; ,mso-generic-font-family:swiss; ,mso-font-pitch:variable; ,mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal ,{mso-style-unhide:no; ,mso-style-qformat:yes; ,mso-style-parent:""; ,margin-top:0in; ,margin-right:0in; ,margin-bottom:10.0pt; ,margin-left:0in; ,line-height:115%; ,mso-pagination:widow-orphan; ,font-size:11.0pt; ,font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; ,mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; ,mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; ,mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; ,mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; ,mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; ,mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; ,mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; ,mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; ,mso-ansi-language:EN-AU;} p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph ,{mso-style-priority:34; ,mso-style-unhide:no; ,mso-style-qformat:yes; ,margin-top:0in; ,margin-right:0in; ,margin-bottom:10.0pt; ,margin-left:.5in; ,mso-add-space:auto; ,line-height:115%; ,mso-pagination:widow-orphan; ,font-size:11.0pt; ,font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; ,mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; ,mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; ,mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri;...
Wow, and I thought last year was bad! But 2009 is here with avengence and in 2 rounds, backlines across the nation have be decimated.

Heres an example of the pain its causing.

Buckley - 5 Weeks with a groin something... yeah, good luck with 5 weeks!
Bock - Placed on an indefinte suspension. Hopefully will be back for the Geelong game.
McPhee - Will be back in round 5 due to suspension.
Raines - Ive read that hell be back between rounds 4 and 6. Had surgery to correct torn cartilage.
Hill - Looking to get dropped after a shocker of a game.
Stevens - Should be back this week?
Hurley - Quad strain. Round 5 - Though soft tissue injuries are ugly things!
Broughton - While not technically "out" - was a very popular selection in the pre-season and is sitting on a lot of benches.

I myself have three from that list and if Broughton doesnt get broughtOn this week, Ill be heading to trade town this week.

So the question lies- whos the best to trade out? who do we bring in?

Bock with that nasty indefinite! hanging over his head? will he be in the right place emotionally to play when he does come back?
Raines, 2 more weeks or 4? Will he have a run in the magoos first? will he have lost his spot by the time he makes it back?
McPhee is probably the safest to hold, as we know when hell be back.
Hill, if not named- who knows when hell be back. Weve seen it many times in the past, a rookie plays 2 games then dissapears til round 14.
Hurley, soft tissue, YUCK!
Buckley? groin something? really? something? surely someone out there has got some info for us!

Its dire times for many coaches, and Im sure that those of you who *stacked* your backlines are shaking your fingers at us poor sods and saying "told you so!".

Well, never again I say. Next year its gunna be EIGHT! premiums in the backline!
Did you have a Jolly good time this week, or did your scores go down Hill?

Plently of issues have also cropped up Brad Ottens missing 4-6 weeks, Cheney and Robinson not quite as good as Round 1, Browns report and Hentschels knee.

Let us know how your players went who starred and who flopped?
First three games are gone. And, Im off to the worse possible start!

Hopefully you guys are doing better.
Bad news for the Pendle holders... Good news for us Beamers? Cmon you good thing!

<blockquote>COLLINGWOOD forward Anthony Rocca is still a chance to play against Melbourne at the MCG on Saturday, but midfielder Scott Pendlebury appears in some doubt.
Speaking ahead of his team’s clash with the Demons, coach Mick Malthouse said Rocca could yet come into calculations for a late call-up despite his absence from the named emergencies.
"These are the idiosyncrasies of selection on a Thursday night," Malthouse said.
"We don’t train [for the final time] until today.
"He’s trained very well but I’m not prepared to comment too much on our final 22 other than to say what’s been in the paper has been selected at this stage."
Even if he doesnt line up for the Pies, Malthouse said Rocca would definitely play at some level this weekend.
Pendlebury trained away from the main group on Wednesday and was missing from Fridays session.
"Scott wasn’t out there. He’s a bit sore," Malthouse said.
"People are sore. You’ve got to make sure they’re 100 per cent ready to go. We’ll weigh that up." </blockquote>
<a href="http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/74320/default.aspx">http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/74320/default.aspx[/url]
Alrighty, between the injuries, Ive been tightening up the place.

Theres been a handful of bug fixed go in. Which is nice.

The astute user would have noticed the new field on the Player Page. Its hiding down on the right there.

Titled - TOG. Time of ground. From my understanding, this statistic is hard to find online in any meaningful way- so well try to keep it up to date here.

Also, Ive done some work on the live Supercoach scores. Technically, I havent tested this - so its only tonight where we will find out if it work, but Im really hoping to have the quarterly scores back.

(Though if it breaks, I wont be around to fix it anyways! :D Anyone want to email me if something goes pairshaped! take screenshots. :D)

Youll notice that the named players are back in the mix this week. And just to remind the masses out there what they all mean.
Green ball - named.
Orange ball - named on an extended bench.
Half orange/red - named as an emergency.
Red ball - Well, this one is kinda gone now... awwww, silly red ball, just taking up space.

So yeah, good luck with this weekend everyone. Keep your eye on those sneaky blues and heres hoping the Dockers and Bombers name everyone in my list.

Cheers.
Those backline woes just never die.

Micheal Hurley is <a href="http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/74258/default.aspx" target="_blank">gone for a month[/url]. That makes Kyle Cheney look like the only downgrade option for most teams for Andrew Raines.

Its sad for the youngster and those that picked him up. But for those that dont see could see Hill, Petrenko, Cheney, Suban peaking when he comes back for his 3rd match.
I dont have time this week to do research for you all, but I can say that Johnno Brown is as tempting as a threesome with Lara Bingle and Jen Hawkins. Others that look to score big are Pavlich and Brent Harvey after a poor first week. If you do have Ablett, well you should not have even read this far. Bartel, Corey, Selwood also should be strongly considered against a weak Richmond outfit.

For all your captain reasearch click <a href="http://tooserious.net/example.php?page=gameday" target="_blank">here[/url].