TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Just a quick update- Ive got the NAB cup scores, both Supercoach and Dreamteam uploaded into Too Serious.

To explain what you can see - Youve got the base player record, with their average from last year. Beneath that, youll find a record for each game.

Along with that, youll find an initial salary projection based on this average. V. Nifty to tell who is playing out of their skins in the Nab Cup.

------------------

Also, a little bug that Ive found. Theres an issue in my domain mapping- so you might find errors when changing your team under www.tooserious.com.au

Stick with tooserious.net until further notice please. :)
So a big weekend in pre-season football, but sadly most of it was played behind smoke and mirrors.

Thankfully, the Freako will come to our aid in the coming days...

But until then, we can review what weve seen.

Collingwood V Essendon (1.17.5 116 - 3.6.10 73)

Daisy Thomas. Playing in defense. Racked up a more than decent 121 and might have done enough to secure himself a spot in a few squads 22.
That said, his first few weeks saw him playing below his average. So I guess it depends on if he comes through with his promise for "More midfield time".

Definitely *the* player Ill be watching next week.

The other interesting player on the weekend is Cloke.
A 107 in round one got him on a lot of radars, then amusingly, a 56 (on 86 DreamTeam points) in round two dropped him straight back off them. Come into round 3, and 13 kicks, 3 handballs, 9 marks and game topping 7 inside 50s show that he is playing the exact role he needs to, to breakout this year.

Stanton had his first hitout for the year, and I must say- he played clean for once! 97 off 67 DreamTeam points. not a bad return for ol stants.

The other good news stories revolved around rookies Steele Sidebottome and Dayne Beams - both must have put there names into the mix for round one selection.

And now the bad. (Apart from the Dons losing!)

Skipworth had a night to forget! definitely brought himself back to the "keep an eye on" list, instead of the "lock" list.

Lucas had another shocker. honestly, I didnt expect him to set the world on fire in the preseason, but he just looks lost out there! Very worrying signs.

And finally, Ricky Dyson put a 75 on the board. Ready to burn a whole new generation of punters! :D

Geelong V Carlton (2.9.12 84 - 9.13 67)

Paul paper-hammy Chapman. Has thrown his name into the ring for another year. A tasty 148 this week shows his potential, though remember- he has averaged 18 games for the last 4 seasons.

And suprise packet Harry Taylor. had...
To Ablett or not to Ablett - Its  a big decision. One that might just get a little more <a href="http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25168644-19742,00.html">interesting[/url]...
<blockquote>Just as his father did, Ablett is set to become a more prominent player in the forward line, instead of resting on the bench after his midfield stint.

Ablett, who kicked 26 goals last year, will almost certainly be left alone at full-forward and his teammates pushed up to the 50m arc - a frightening set-up for opposition teams.

"He could end up playing 70 per cent of the game onball and playing 25 per cent forward, so hes maintaining energy and still has an influence on the game," Thompson said.

Quality possession in the forward 50 has become the gold nugget as teams continue to implement midfield zones.</blockquote>
95% game time with a potential for more goals. I do like the sound of that! Though a role change for a 700k guy... is that really what we want?

hmmmm...
1.2.post.

Welcome to the new site.

With any luck, itll work just as the old one did. But if you do manage to find any problems, let me know.

Ill be able to fast track new developments under this new domain. So expect to see shiny news over the next two week.

Cheers all, and thanks for the patients.
So until further warning- any changes to your data wont be saved!

This will take a couple of hours, and while the site will be up during it- nothing you do will be kept.

Sorry about that!

Once the new site is up, the www.xalia.com.au address
This is an example of a WordPress page, you could edit this to put information about yourself or your site so readers know where you are coming from. You can create as many pages like this one or sub-pages as you like and manage all of your content inside of WordPress.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
Okay, its a simple concept, you pick one player every week and your weekly score is what they score. Although, once youve used a player you cant not use them again, and throughout the season you must pick atleast four backs, four midfielders, two rucks and four forwards.

And, to keep sign-ups going through the roof and it becoming impossible for me to manage. I think we will go with a small fee to join and prizes to the winners.

It is only developing, and Im not sure how Im going to run it. So throw any ideas at me, how much your willing to pay and if you are interested.
We all have a favourite in everything in life, including SuperCoach stars. Mine is the great Daniel Cross who has the ability to fetch the ball if its atop Mount Everest. and the man is as tough as $5 steak. Shame he cant kick. But I cant find room for the great man in my SuperCoach side in 2009 with Juddy unavoidable, and then going for four mid-pricers. Ive actually lost a little sleep over this.

Who is your favourite? And are they getting a game in 2009?
I dont know how any serious SuperCoacher, or DreamTeamer plays without their copy of AFL Prospectus. But, I just thought it would be interesting to list my team in what Fantasy Freako says about my players and the find out who of you guys can guess what quote matches which player. Also, at the end I ask my readers for a hand in selecting my side.

<!--more-->

BACKLINE
1. Dont be surprised if he becomes one of the competitons elite in 09. Get on.
2. Hes one of the best defenders for any fantasy competition.
3. We all love ***** and will be cheap as chips. Dont miss out.
4. A major disapointment in 08. If he gets freed up hell be worth a punt.
5. Went backwards last year, but his price makes him an attractive option.
6. Will be underpriced because of his injury-riddled o8. Should bounce back.
7. Dont consider him in 09. Long-term hell be a SuperCoach star.

MIDFIELD
1. Cops a heavy tag everyweek but this doesnt faze him.
2. He is a bargain in both competitions, but in particular SuperCoach
3. He is a magnet and is worth every cent. Under the odd in 09.
4. And early draft pick entering his third year, get on now.
5. If hes fit and firing in the pre-season he could be one of the bargains of 09.
6. Hell be the Palmer of 09, but his SuperCoach potential is greater because his kicking is so good.

RUCKS
1. I know he is expensive, but if you dont have him you will lose.
2. If he gets a pre-season under his belt, strongly consider because of his price.

FORWARDS
1. Superstars come at a price, but many, like this bloke, are worth every cent.
2. Injuries let us down in fantasy land when it matters most. Pick at your peril.
3. If you hear a whisper that he will play in defence make sure you get on.
4. Ageing key forward returning from injury, but his price is far too tempting.
5. The potential is there if gets more time in the middle, hes a guaranteed improver.
6. Hes cheap bu risky - consider as an emergency if the early signs are good.
7. Has...