TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Just to word up the average punter at home (And the writers! :D), Ill be moving TS over to some new hosting in the next day or two.

So, what does this mean to you? There will be a period- and Ill warn you before we enter it- where any changes that you make here, wont be reflected across to the new location.

Im hoping this period will only run for a couple of hours.

Ill see what I can do about moving things across today (Wednesday)... most probably during the lunching hour. :)
Hi all,

Just wanted to have something more substantial in my first post than celebrating Nick Maxwell getting one over the AFL tribunal.  Well done son.

Each team is going to have a different strategy in 2009 SuperCoach. 

Many already have thoughts of loading up one position with blue chip players (defence mainly).  I have a word of caution about this strategy.   Generally the best teams in SuperCoach have a balance, just like in AFL teams you need a strong defence, midfield, forward and ruck division.

The aim of the game is to be over 2000 points EVERY WEEK, and to get close to averaging 2300 late in the season, which means every member of your team needs to get to average 100 points-per-game.

The strategy I used in 2008 was simple. 

10 blue chips who will get 100 points per game lock away (set and forget), 10 midrangers who might have averaged 50-85 points last year who will go close to getting to 100, and 10 rookies (under 150000) who will appreciate in value.   Trades: 5 for injuries, 10 for rookie-cash cow-upgrade, 5 for elevator side swaps.

Blue Chips - look at past performance.  Choose consistency and value.  Get a captain you can trust - one of Hodge, Ablett, Judd and Bartel.   Wait for the other 3 to have some form slump and trade in later.

Mid-rangers - look for guys either injured last season (Nick Stevens of 08 could be Paul Hasleby of 09), or those who will "come of age" during the season - players like M Murphy, Gibbs, Thomas and Ellis appear to be in this boat.  These are critical selections and you will need to select players who will get averages more than their price.

Rookies - look at players who will get game time, particularly in the first 3 rounds.  Watch the NAB Cup very closely for team selections.   Set your team up ready to go, but then in that fateful 90 minutes after team selections are posted on the first Thursday of the comp, ensure you have most of your team playing week 1.

After that, its all luck and...
Well a review of the first 3 weeks, but the first round. You know what I mean.

Fevola and Lockyer tempted us, Jesus continued working mirales, Richo and BJ stood up and said age dont matter and Walker and Yarran pulled up sore. But does it really matter?

<!--more-->

36 players topped the hundred mark in there first hit-out in 2009, some being the usual suspects like Pendles, Goddard, Nath Brown, Ablett, Corey and Goodwin.

Others 100 scores were alot more surprising that has got me taking notice, Trav Cloke, Hille, Skipworth, Jack Riewoldt, Jackson, Gibbs and Stokesy. Travis Cloke is only 22, but could 09 be his year? Hille has pushed for a spot as Number 1 ruckmen, with Cox scoring 30, but mind you Cox played about one quarter of footy. Skipworth will be an extremely cheap 6th forward in alot of sides this year after his ton. While Gibbs proved he is on the move.

Richo, Fevola, Rough all fighting for a spot in the forward line of my side GunBarrelStraight and all of them scored 149+, your not making it easy guys. Lockyer showed he should get picked ahead of Shaw, as did Goddard ahead of Fisher.

Higgins (90) is just reminding those who dont have him to switch on, as did Hasleby. While my man, BJ (93), showed he aint slowing up yet. Apperantly he trained the house down in the off-season, with Cross and Boyd other stand-outs at Whitten Oval. And, they backed that up. Gumby (32) has got alot of improvement, but only 5 games in 3 years, you tend to lose your touch a little. Rich (59) and Hill (94) were the stand-out rookies on the weekend. While Yarron (0) and Walker (23) struggled with minor injuries.

Ham Mc, done nothing to suggest he worthy of 2nd ruckman. Dont read alot into Pettards 12, but Hogans 78 could mean he might earn a spot instead of Kelly in the Geelong midfield. Chappy played his first pre-season game for three years. Even though it was only 33 on the board, he is fit and ready to go. Marshmallow (Scott Thompson) didnt show much up forward, put...
Finally fixed this sucker. However, while I was there, I reset the Donor list.

Which means just about everybody has been set to 20 rows per page. *bad Walesy!*

That can be remedied however...

*wink wink*.

Anyways, people who donated $25 or more last year, Ive kept on the list (Though feel free to donate again if you want. :D).

Anyways- let me know if you *should* be on the Donor list and Ill look into it alright.
Hello Supercoaches and Dreamteams.

I hear to gauge interest in the Official TooSerious Fantasy League.

Currently, we are planning on running Three Supercoach Leagues and One Dreamteam League.

But I guess that all depends on the interest we receive.

I believe that the cost of entry into each league will be different (Pending on what level of interest we get on each cost bracket.)

So share your interest by leaving a comment or send me an email to the following- too.serious.team.management AT gmail DOT com.

So far the planned price brackets would be $5, $20 or $50. So place your vote!.

The payout structure is pencilled in as follows (Though suggestions to improve it will be noted.)

1st place in overall score (50%)
2nd place in overall score (25%)
3rd place in overall score (18.75%)
Grandfinal Winner (6.25%) - Essentially your money back and a free TS subscription for next year.

Essentially, we want to reward a good overall score to get the TS name into the top 20!

Unlike most cash leagues that reward a strategy that is counter-conducive to getting a great ranking.

So yeah, get in fast because we can only run so many of these things...
Good day viewers, today at TS we will be reviewing the Super <a href="http://www.xalia.com.au/?page=player&id=152&pcid=7292">Jolly[/url] <a href="http://www.xalia.com.au/?page=player&id=236&pcid=7376">White[/url] <a href="http://www.xalia.com.au/?page=player&id=531&pcid=7660">Currie[/url].

This happy little Red and White Curry smells delicious, In particular when given a sprinkle of Cox.

This particular meal was brought to my attention by one PAFCsince1870, so I hope he he doesnt mind me devulging it.

Cox is well known to be an everyspice- Making any recipe tastier. Though I suppose if you must cheap out, then a little Petrie, Sand or even some Hille might suffice.

Essentially, the guts of this meal revolve around the Jolly. Starting the year as the 5th best rucking option and an average of 91 up to round 17 last year. Bringing both a robustness to the meal, but also a hint of cinnamon.

The beautiful subtlety of this dish revolves around the fact that both White and Currie are very cheap bench options (only 40k more than a rookie-rookie option.) And whilst being cheap, between them they are the #2 and #3 ruck selections at the swans.

Basically meaning, Two of these three will play most games this year. Saving you from needing to spend any trades in this area, and also preventing you from getting a nasty case of Zero.

There is a question about this dish though. Whilst it smells delicious now, will it still taste great? And more importantly (and heres where the analogy takes it *waaaaay* too far), will it sting the next morning?

Well, the jury is still out on that one. Whilst jolly is one of the most durable rucks out there (last missed 2 games in 2005)- He finished last year (Rounds 18-22), with a shattering average of 45.

Did that sting? Yes. Yes it certainly did. But why did it happen?

Why did Jolly average half the touches hed had all season? Perhaps there is a learned Swans fan out there that can solve the riddle of this meal....
These are players that had awesome 2007s, struggled in 2008 making their prices tempting in 2009. Heres my top 10 list of players that will come back after a shocking 2008.

<!--more-->

10. Andrew McLeod (2007 Ranking: 28, 2008 Ranking: 109)
One of the greats of game was left a little rattled with the CHB sweepers being tagged out of the game. This hurt his scores all year, but no doubt - like all champions - he will bounce back in 2009.

9. Tarkyn Lockyer (32, 11o)
Had only eight scores over the 100 mark in 2008, and his average drops from 103 to 87 in 2008. But with his scores in 05 and 06 also being quite high averaging in the 90s. Its hard to see Lockyer continuing the bad form seen last year.

8. Jed Adcock (14, 190)
I dont know alot about what happened to Jed in 2008, but hopefully he returns to score 110 week in, week out.

7. Adam McPhee (62, 215)
Never really was a SuperCoach great, even in 2007 he only averaged 94. But at his price it will be nice to see 94 next to his name every week.

6. Hamish McIntosh (175, 289)
Ham McBurger. When is Ham going to be part of the Maccas menu? Oh, and is McIntosh really going to be part of Kangaroos menu in 2009? With Hale as the number ruckman and Petrie rotating through the ruck and the forward line. Watch how Dean plays him in the NAB cup before selecting.

5. Lindsay Gilbee (19, 46)
Not a massive drop, but those backline taggers hurt Gilbee a little in 08 but he will be back in 2009. A must buy.

4. Paul Chapman (10, 39)
Speaking of must buys, Chapman has had his first injury-free preseason in two seasons. Watch out for him in the Geelong midfield in 2009 and some big scores will be on order.

3. Heath Shaw (23, 75)
This man was the SuperCoach story of 2008, starting the season strong and slowly but surely, each SuperCoach Coach would find room in his budget to fit him in, then we seen some of the biggest falls from grace. Getting tagged weekly and scoring...
Completely off topic, but I want to wish good luck to all of you who have been caught up in the bushfires.

I hope that you all and your loved ones come though today/tonight unharmed.

Just to put this on the front page.
The best way to donate is through direct deposit to the Victorian Bushfire Relief Fund - BSB 082-001, Account number 860-046-797.

So please give. This has been an extreme tragedy.
But that was expected. Its a heck of a lot of data Ive loaded into this thing over the holidays.

Anyways, Thanks guys, Ill get the ffollowing things fixed up.

- No stats for Dal Santo.
- No stats for Van Berlo.
- No stats for N G Brown.
- No stats for N J Brown.
- No stats for S D Thompson
- No stats for J P Kennedy
- Scott Thompson has 28 games (has been merged with Scott D Thompson.)
- No Chris A Johnson for the Blues

Hmmmm, I guess someones script didnt like dealing with Spaces in names. :)

And the 5 row issue.

Can someone who has said 5 row issue please email me a picture of their screen?

Or even better- Save the webpage as a HTML file and email it to me?

Thank you!
Priced at $712,000, or an average of 132 - Is <a href="http://www.xalia.com.au/?page=player&amp;id=182&amp;pcid=7100">Gary Ablett[/url] Worth the price tag?

There is room for it to go either way.

Firstly the pros.

Ablett last year, up until round 13, was averaging a MASSIVE 146 points per round. The next closest player was Adam Cooney, on 121.

<!--more-->

So right off the bat, thats 25 points per week, you would have been better off selecting Ablett for. However, theres more. Because Ablett would wear the captain mantle- that effectively would have brought his upside to an extra 50 points per week.

Which will really add up over a season.

If he starts next season, the way he did this season, his cheapest price would be Round 4, $678,800 while at round 13, he would be sitting on a massive $778,700

But here comes the alternative. The sceptic that says Ill get him when he comes down in price. So lets play with that.

Ablett, in round 5 of last year, put on a unforgettable 254. Changing that to a leasurely 115, and we find the following.

Round 8 - $595,700 - Which includes a 62 in round 6.
Round 13 - $748,000.

Its amazing to think though, that one game, while having a small affect in the long run (30k difference overall), can potential create an ideal trading moment. (80k cheaper than otherwise.)

Now, the two important questions.
Who was the 254 against. And who was the 62.

The 62, coupled with an 81 later in the year. (and an injury in both games) was against Freo.
The 254 strangely enough, was against the Swans. (Followed by a 155 later in the year). Sydney Proof? Another Pro?

So lets look at these games. Geelong play Sydnet twice. Once in round 7 and once in round 20. Both could be good.

However, they also play Fremantle twice. The first game is in round 12 - So that salary killing game is a while off, however the second game is in a potentially season destroying round 22.

Which has danger all over it.

So what do we think? It Ablett a lock...