TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Heya all, first of all, no teams tonight (As you may have noticed...)

Also, there appeared to have been a bit of down-time tonight... I hope no-one was overly affected. :)

<a href="http://www.tooserious.com.au">www.tooserious.com.au[/url] . Try it out, it should bring you right back here. So I can imagine some exciting developments occuring on there over the offseason.

And speaking of the off season, is anyone here running in the Sportal EPL Comp? I imagine that by week three, Ill be tracking salary movements for it. Though because of the nature of trades (The real ones. :D) and the pain that that can cause, you might notice that Im a little slow in updating teams/new players. But if something is wrong that affects you, let me know. :D

But its not the off season yet, its finals time! I hope youre all progressing well...
(More over the break)

<!--more-->
I know I won just one of my 6 games (between DreamTeam and Supercoach, three leagues), but luckily, was only knocked out of one of them. Ah well, still in it, can still win it.

Not quite like a couple of people I need to give shout-outs to. Firstly, Supercoach.

Lucas - sitting at the pointy end, looking good mate, were all cheering for you here.
Boppin - yeah, youve been winning for as long as I can remember, if Lucas and Bray cant get on top, you fully deserve it. :)

And DT.
Banana_Bomb and The Baxters. 5th and 9th, you guys are certainly no passangers! Im hoping one of you guys can get over the line, there will certainly be cheering from this side of the web if you can pull it over the line!

And finally, the Boys from NoPassengers, sitting in 3rd now (though leading in a couple of rounds) in the Premium Dreamteam league, and also the sole league that is using TooSerious as a team register. Youve done us proud guys, keep it up.
With no major injuries on the weekend and everyones trades are as dry as a nuns nasty. Its really no need to put hours of effort into a Best Buys. If you want burn trades, or still holding Dids or Shaw just drop me a comment and Im happy to help.

But, I cant help it youll find some awesome value with these players... For those doing in tweaking in their midfield this week look at Kirk ($478,600), his price is a ripper and hardly anyone has him. Might be a beauty come Grand Final time. I also like the value of Robert Murphy <input type="hidden" value="468" id="playerid" /><input type="hidden" value="FWD" id="pos" />($371,700) up forward. Down back Boltons<input type="hidden" value="56" id="playerid" /><input type="hidden" value="DEF" id="pos" /> ($328,800) price is extremely low in a good season, for those still with Shaw. You will also get good bang for ya buck with Bocky <input type="hidden" value="DEF" id="pos" />
&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;&nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp;
&nbsp; &nbsp; ($384,700). At the more expensive scale but well priced for the amount of points Chris Newman <input type="hidden" value="476" id="playerid" /><input type="hidden" value="DEF" id="pos" />($469,600).

My final word: At this stage of the season get rid of the breakeven column it means nothing.

GO THE CHO!
First week of finals, howd your boys go? Have a win and get yaself the week off? Seemed like a pretty poor weekend with midfielders getting 80s including Ablett, Cross, Stevens, Cooney, Mitchell, NDS and the list goes on. Lift boys, its finals. While popular players like Brown (100% of the top 23 players have him) scored 22 and Gilbee and ROK miles below their average. Richo played forward all day and has gone back to his old ways. Put him back on the wing, please, Terry. Some big scores came from the 300 game legends in Macca and Crawf. But, thats about it.

Read on to find out how my weekend went.

<!--more-->
Im furious. Going into the Crows and Tigers game looking at a score of 2300+, and with 1st overall having some poor scores from Ablett, Stevie and Pratt. This was my chance to pounce. A real make or break for my season. Stiffy Johncock (5th/No - 5th most impotant player and N.R No.1 doesnt have him) went forward as expected and could have went nuts like he did in the reserves, but he struggle. Got smashed in every one-on-one by Thursfield. Got me 16 points. Then the Cho (2nd/No) arguebly my most important player if I was to take the prize. Not sure if it was his sore knee but, he needs to be back on the wing where he was getting those 177s. He wasnt completely smashed by Bock, but dropped marks and with 4 behinds and one not making the distance really make a difference. Two of the behinds coming from within 20 metres of goal. Just not his day. Speaking of Bock Choy (9th/No), looked alright most the day but a couple of clangers and uncontested disposals and hardly any ball in the last term hurt his score and only managed 69. Then there is Lids (7th/No), struggled early but I do take my hat off to him to push his score to 75. Four clangers were the real killer. Some positives out of the game are Scotty Marshmallow...
Ok, abit like the old Last Minute Check go through all the points you need to think about before lockout. And dont forget...
[span style="color: #ff0000;">WARNING: Lockout is at 7.05pm AEST tonight.

<ul><li>Captain pick is easy this week a Geelong midfielder. Either one of Bartel, Corey and now Ablett. Theyll all rip it up. I dont think I need stats to back this up, but in there last two games vs. Melbourne Bartel has averaged 164, Ablett has put on 123 and Corey not far behind with 119. </li>

<li>Yes, I mentioned Ablett is back. Lets hope he rests in the forward pocket. Key word: Hope. Other selection news is pleasing blokes around the world cause the Stiff is back, and a Burger. </li>

<li>Cox will get smashed by Hille. Absolutely smashed.</li>

<li>Shaw and Dids have been bad cause they buggered up our teams. Some cheap good players to pick up would be Andy McLeod and Robert Murphy.</li>

<li>Speaking of McLeod he pulls on his boots for the 300th time this week, as does sooky boy Crawf. Maybe means big scores. </li>

<li>Richo and Troy Simmonds both seem to have recovered from their jarred knees, just maybe keep a emergency handy. </li>

<li>The Dogs are now focusing on playing Hawks in 5 weeks time. Avoid them for captain selections and even picking up their players. They wont be trying too hard, and alot of players might be rested. </li></ul>

Good luck with your quest through the finals.
This is massive this week guys. 39.18% of all SuperCoach teams (which is actually doesnt seem like much, but 87% of the top 23 sides do) have this no-necked man, that cant break away from a ferret. Besides Grigg, but really, who is he? Yes, you guess it, the piss-head Heath Shaw.

Drink and drive, youre fine. Lie to your mates, youre a bloody idoit and you bugger up our SuperCoach teams. Can you atleast be worth a couple of quid so we can actually get someone decent for you?

Alan Didak owners, get stuffed, Im spent enough time helping those with Shaw.

Note: The price in brackets is the difference to Heater, not their actual price.&nbsp;

<!--more-->
[span style="font-size: 1.2em;">Heath Shaw: $371,700

Balance: $0.00
If you had to smash open your money quid just to find a couple of hundreds bucks cause you spent all ya money upgrading Chappy or Cornes. Well, your pretty buggered but I will see what I can find. Nick late withdrawal Maceski (-$1,800) is just under the Shaw price tag and if he gets a game we all know what he is capable of and is an extremely risky choice. Xaivier Ellis (-$2,800) is another bloke has been improving every game, but I think his teammate Brent Guerra (-$23,900) would be a better pick with an average of 83, he can pull out a big score. But, really hes nothing special. Alot of bandwagon jumpers got up and about when Thornton (-$13,700) put on two hundreds in the first two weeks, shame he has only ever managed that feat only twice more and averaging only 72 since then. Craig Bolton (-$24,700) is actually one player I do like, averaging only 81, but had averaged over 90 only five weeks ago. Swans always finish the season well so the old-timer is worth a look.
There is one bloke I have left out, Andrew McLeod (-$10,300), the two time Norm Smith Medalists from the crows has had a season from hell. He has a six week...
Alan Didak and Heath Shaw are both in hot water. Shaw crashed his car with a BAC of .14 and has been charged, it is now known that Alan Didak was the passenger in the car. Shaw was given the all clear to play, but cause he lied about it, they are meeting again today. Glenn Archer wants Shaw gone for four weeks and Didak traded out cause of his bad record.

Fantasy coaches have been whinging about this all over the net, harden up. Why you use all ya trades to early? Most people have Shaw anyway (87% of the top 23 do), and if you have Didak well tough luck, he is given you alot better season that you were expecting. TooSerious has a rep for not whinging, dont let me down. Haha.

Other news, Milburn can take two weeks for his spear tackle, Stevie Browne can take 3 for his hit on Porpz but is expected to appeal and Farmer has been the reported for the 15th time for a week.

Ablett is all but a certain starter for this Friday night clash vs. Melbourne.

Finally, Mr. Tough Porplyzia is gone for the season (he will be back next week in other words). He has suffered some brain bruising from Steven Brownes hit.
Heath Shaw and Alan Didak have both been suspended for the season, including finals. Rhyce Shaw has also been suspended for two matches for drinking. Keep your eye open for a Heath Shaw Best Buys special&nbsp;.

Milburn and Browne are going to fight there charges, and risk getting four weeks each. In my opinion, Browne should get off completely and Milburn maybe 1-2 weeks, but I hope he cops the 4.

But, finally, some good news, the Crows leadership group has give Johncock the all clear to play, just the matter of getting slectored now, but with Chris Knights and Jason Porplyzia gone it is very likely.

[span style="color: #ff0033;">UPDATE: Milburn and his legal team has spotted a grey area in his charge, arguing that slamming Edwards head into the ground is not high contact, just body contact. Reducing his 4 game ban to just the one week. It is now expected a spear tackle offence will be brought in. In other great news, shouldnt affect our SuperCoach but it was sad to see the young bloke cop four weeks for something he couldnt avoid and thats what Steven Browne argued successfully and got off his charge.&nbsp; &nbsp;
Just a weekly segment for those that are interested how I am going on my quest to win SuperCoach. I gained 140 on the leader this week, much more than the 119 needed, which puts me 444 points away or 111 per week. I actually lost ground on the top 10, only needing 33 points per week before this round, but now has been pushed out to 183 or 46 per week and a simliar result for winning the Geelong supports group needing 180 or 45 per week.

Keep reading for some awesome stats.

<!--more-->
That made me think, which players will I need to score big to improve on my ranking. So, I went through the top 23 teams and count with teams have which of my players and came back with these results, with the % of teams that have them in the top 23.

22. Johno Browndawg (100%)
21. Dean Cox (100%)
20. Matthew Pavlova (96%)
19. Buddy Franklin (96%)
18. Heath Shaw (87%)
17. Nicky Riewoldt (83%)
16. Jimmy Bartel (78%)
15. Ryan OKeefe (73%)
14. Marty Mattner (73%)
13. Linds Gilbee (65%)
12. Troy Simmonds (61%)
11. Nicky Stevens (61%)
10. Dan Cross (57%)
9. Nath Bocky (43%)
8. Chris Judd (39%)
7. Brett Lids (39%)
6. Brent Harvey (39%)
And, the top 5 most important players...
5. Stiffy Johncock (35%)
4. Sammy Fisher (30%)
3. Grant Birchall (26%)
2. Matty Richoman (22%)

The most important player for my teams chance at $20,000 is...
1. Scott Thompson (13%)

Some interesting facts that came out of this was that Brown and Cox are the only two players selected in every one of the top 23 sides. Buddy and Shaw despite being dirt cheap are unselected in 1 and 3 sides respectavitly. Those three without Shaw are extremly happy. Three of the top 5 are backmen and will be lifted slighty with all these Shaw trades needing to be made. Troy Simmonds was in half as many sides than I expected and is actually going to play a role in me getting up into the top 10, Sandilands was the probably the 2nd most popular other ruckmen...
Oh, its finals time. Did you make the top 8? Are you confident your team can take the cake? Or did you lose this week to give up your spot? How was your score this week? I think most would be looking at the 2200 cause all the mainstream players like Buddy (171), Bartel (150), Brown (132), Newman (126), Pavlich (124) and Gilbee (104) had decent scores. And plenty of scores between 70-90.

I finished with 2286, and probably wont move too far in the NR, maybe even down a little.
Let us know how your boys are going? Most the popular players have scored big.