TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Valenti is back!!! Which will relieve some supercoachers. Hawthorn welcome back Croad and Crawf. St kilda welcome back 3 key players in Dal Santo, Kosi and Milne, while Hayes will miss due to a hammy. Skipper Johnson comes back for the Tigers while the blues lose Armfield with a finger injury. Port welcome back 7 players but lose big names including P.Burgoyne, Salopek and Cornes through injury, while Lade and Wilson have been dropped. And in Sundays games Melbourne lose McDonald through injury, Brisbane will regain Bradshaw and Johnstone while Fremantle will rest Michael Johnson with a an ankle injury

HAWTHORN v WEST COAST

Hawthorn

B:
Brent Guerra, Stephen Gilham, Campbell Brown

HB: Grant Birchall, Trent Croad, Rick Ladson

C: Jordan Lewis, Sam Mitchell, Clinton Young

HF: Cyril Rioli, Lance Franklin, Shane Crawford

F: Mark Williams, Jarryd Roughead, Michael Osborne

Foll: Robert Campbell, Luke Hodge, Xavier Ellis

I/C: Thomas Murphy, Stuart Dew, Jarryd Morton, Brent Renouf

EMG: Tim Clarke, Travis Tuck, Brendan Whitecross
In: Crawford, Croad

Out: Travis Tuck, Tim Boyle
West Coast Eagles

B:
Jaymie Graham, Darren Glass, Mark Nicoski

HB: Andrew Embley, Beau Wilkes, Adam Selwood

C: Brad Ebert, Daniel Kerr, Tim Houlihan

HF: Steven Armstrong, Ashley Hansen, Ben McKinley

F: Mark LeCras, Adam Hunter, Quinten Lynch

Foll: Dean Cox, Matt Priddis, Jamie McNamara

I/C: Ryan Davis, Will Schofield, Brent Staker, Tyson Stenglein

EMG: Michael Braun, Eric Mackenzie, James Thomson
In: Armstrong, Davis, Graham, McNamara, Staker

Out: David Wirrpanda (back), Sam Butler (groin), Brett Jones (knee), Michael Braun, Chad Fletcher
RICHMOND v CARLTON
Richmond

B: Chris...
Im
tired, hungover and just want to go bed after enjoying Sams return to
the Footy Show, but because I was too busy sinking piss last night,
this is my last chance to get something up before late tomorrow and no
one wants to be tossing over trades then. And my lazy team mates have
gave you guys nothing this week. Where are you VQ and Sizza? Plus, no one has trades left, so no one is
actually reading this. In short: Ive got commitment. Just forgive any
spelling mistakes or badly worded sentences.

<!--more-->
BARGAIN OF THE WEEK.
Brent Harvey.

Price: 500k. BE: 75. Ave: 109.
You have to be bloody cheap to pick up this honour two weeks running, but the great Boomer has done it. Want the 9th highest scoring midfielder at the 25th most expensive price? Who said I was buggere, pulling out stats like that. What about this? Every point he gets you will cost you 4.59 thousand. Compared to if you buy Jesus who will cost you 5.18 grand for each point. All interesting stuff, but Boomer is still a booming good buy, even if he coached by Dean Never-Been-Laidley. Which has nothing to do with anything I just had to get that in there somewhere.

BEST BUYS
I say it every week, but Brad Johnson is still bloody cheap. If he averages what is expected of him getting past the BE of 65 will be done by half time. Still spewing I missed that trade for Cyril last week, now I cant afford it. So, Im sitting on Rioli - for those who care. Very stiff not to get the Bargain of the Week was Heater Shaw back into some form with a 158. At 397k, he averaeges a respectable 97. He only costs you 4.09k per point, thats even lower than Boomer. But, the only reason he missed the gig cause every Tom, Dick and Harry has him, but if your name isnt Tom, Dick or Harry, you must buy him now. Especially with Chadwick, McLeod and others falling down in defence. Actually, come to think of it, he probably does deserve...
Need your help again this week, should I jump off Rioli? I am going to do a Gamble to Valenti trade lift my funds, that means I will be able to afford anyone. Should I go a cheap one like BJ? Or waste most by money on someone like ROK? This is bloody tough.

Help the man, that helps you.
Alright, Im just going to blatantly rip off the Freak-o this week... though Ill throw in a few comments at the bottom. :)

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
83 – Matt DeBoer: Here’s a player who will be a good cash cow for 2008. Is a ball magnet who currently leads the carnival in disposals with 69 in three games.
72 – Nicholas Naitanui: Another encouraging performance from the big man who will excite crowds for the next decade. Won 18 hitouts and had 13 disposals but failed to take a mark which is why I still see him as having questionable DreamTeam potential.
70 – Neville Jetta: Exciting indigenous player who picked up 15 disposals and provided plenty of run. Needs to win a bit more of the ball to be a serious DreamTeam prospect though.
58 – Stephen Hill: Expect this star to be a bolter in this year’s draft ala Scott Pendlebury in 2005. Has clean hands, is a super kick and has genuine pace. One of my favourites at the minute.
50 – Daniel Rich: Another disappointing effort from the highly touted midfielder. Had only eight disposals and will need to pull his finger out in the last two games to remain in top-five calculations for the draft.

VIC COUNTRY
87 – Jack Ziebell: Looms as a possible top six pick after a superb performance on Saturday where he picked up 22 disposals. Has poise and is a gun at the stoppages. May play AFL next year.
49 – Steele Sidebottom: Has now played three good games in a row and dominates at TAC Cup level for flag favourites Murray. I’m a big fan and expect him to be a handy DreamTeam player as early as 2009.

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
80 – Jay Shannon: In his first appearance for the carnival Shannon picked up 21 disposals and laid three tackles to be one of his state’s best.
68 – Rhys O’Keefe: Has been the Croweaters’ best player throughout the carnival, averaging 17 disposals and three rebound 50s as a running defender.
46 – Hamish Hartlett: Started off well with eight disposals in the opening term but...
Once again, the teams are gunna be late.

But this time its not paintball related - nor anything fun related.

Ive just spent the last 6 hours getting my sons foot stitched up at the Childrens Hospital.

Damn kids and their getting into mischief.

Dont worry though, all is well, and I imagine the teams to be up tomorrow morning. (Well, at least the teams that are named. :D)
Alright, its happened. And its taken this long to get over it enough to show my face.

I am out of the eliminator.

Out by 13 points.

13 points with the following under performers
Macdonald - 56
Milburn - 47
Burgoyne - 42
Birchall - 53
Cornes - 44
Deledio - 51

And an opposition who had the unstoppable Sam Mitchell (141) and Jarryd Morton (98)

On the plus side, he did have Scott Thompson (59) as captian VS my GAblett (147)

But not even the great man himself could get me over the line.

Having said that, Burgoyne and Cornes in the backline looks pretty ugly, I sure hope the 'prove the footballing world wrong' and play Cornes. Thats right, not. tanking.

Cheers all.
Decent rookies are as dry as a... drought affected dam. The only place youll find fresh meat this week is at the local butcher, cause the SuperCoach shop is running low. Valenti still cant get a gig in a Robbo and Nietz-less Melbourne forward line. And, all the others that are coming up are just plain shithouse like Nick Lower whos scores are exactly what his name suggests - low. But, cause Im a good bloke I will show the lack of rookies that are about.

<!--more-->
Ok, I might have been abit harsh on Nick Lower off the top, better apologise before those teeth-less Port supporters start chasing after me. He has averaged a decent 36 and has a BE of -15. Not a bad pick up at 95k for those in need of a downgrading a back.&nbsp; And, with Power all but out of the finals race and Mark Williams love for young boys he might just play out the season.

Another two gamer is Alan Obst who has an average that bad, that he actually predicted to go down in price. Yes, you heard he is going to fall below his extra rookie price of 84k, wonder if thats ever happened before? I think thats the bloke that did hurt his lung in his debut game and only got 9 points but he only got a 21 on the weekend and he has got no excuse for that. In the end he might not be bad buy although you might have to wait a few more weeks until his price actually goes up. Or, Dean Never-Been-Laid-Ley could just play the good rookies like disco-biscuit SDT and giving first gamer Lachie Hansen another crack, who from all reports had an awesome game and picked up 58 points.

Downgrading a ruck? Didnt think so. But, for those who are, jump on Ben Renouf, this kid doesnt look to bad. Who is actually averaging more than Kreuzer. Not bad for 95k, and BE of -71.

We all heard about three debuants from St. Kilda. But other than the ruckmen Ben McEvoy (28 points), none are likely to hold there spot, but they might be worth looking at next...
In a Dream Team season plagued with backline problems it just doesnt seem to be getting any better. Lack of talent combined with injury after injury means you are more than likely to be not alone in having a backline with more holes than a soup strainer.

The only true premium back in Chad Cornes has been playing injured for some months and he decided to add a calf strain to his list of ailments this week. Combine that with his Power team mate Peter Burgoynes dodgy hammy and Beau 'I cant get a senior game' Waters completely stuffed elbow thanks to a pointless WAFL appearance.

Adding 'injury' to insult Jake King, Brad Symes and Daniel Bradshaw have been warming the pine for a few weeks whilst everyones answer to any forced DreamTeam trades, Andrew McLeod, decided that he would also take a holiday.

Given my own personal predicament with a few of the above players some major analysis and review of options is needed and this is what i personally think of the situation.

Its f**ked.

But beyond that pearl of wisdom you might like to consider this.

Cornes: Latest news is he isnt going under the knife so keep him unless his season is over, his potential talent and the saving of a trade should be too important.

Burgoyne: Keep him on your bench. He is listed as 2 weeks, one of which is the split round, so a chance to only miss one game.

Waters: Trade, no point holding $264k of nothingness on your bench.

King and Bradshaw: Listed as 'tests' this week so a chance to play. Definitely no point trading either of those two.

So what options do you have?

Well here is my personal opinion on some of the main backline players, placed in a vague order of preference:

Over $300,000

Heath Shaw: ($303,000). Simple, if you dont have him, get him. Cheap and beyond struggling with an opponent / tag (its a team sport Heath...!) he is capable of awesome scores, 8 94+ scores out of 13 isnt shabby.

Lindsay Gilbee ($308,000). If you have Shaw but not Gilbee once again...
Move over Craig Hutchison, here at TooSerious we pull all the big names and this week we have managed to the grab the hottest name in SuperCoach, TooSerious own Lucas coach of Champange Footy 3, yes, the team that banged on a massive score of 2745 and picked up the weekly number one ranking and the lazy grand, pushing him to 5th overall. We ask him all the tough questions.

<!--more-->
<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">BrayDog: With
5 trades left, are there any weakness is your team worth trading out? Tredrea?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Lucas: Clear
weaknesses exist. In
the defence, Ibbotson. And maybe coaching strategies (ferrets). In
midfielders, Stanton and maybe Nick Stevens. In
forwards, Tredrea. In
rucks, Fraser/Kreuzer gives me some headaches as does the hot/cold Dean Cox

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">I
think Tredrea has been awesome value this year though and he has done well
since the start of the year. Much
like Bradshaw who I traded out for Brown this year, it will be done with a
heavy heart and gratitude, but ruthlessness as well.

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">
It would make sense that your go to captain is Ablett, but who is ya most
popular vice captain?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Tahoma,sans-serif;">Probably
COOOON dog. It was hilarious at the footy dressed in my Collingwood gear
yelling out COON louder and more often and before most Doggies fans knew their
hero had got the ball. I just was tallying the points up and when it was
Gilbee to Coon to H Shaw contested ball it was wonderful stuff. Shame we didn’t
see Heater run down and kick the winning goal. In my dreams?

<p class="EC_MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family:...
Untaggable, unstoppable and un-selectable as captain - Gary Ablett. Scored 160s in consecutive weeks and is without peer in Supercoach stats. If you have him, youd probably have stopped reading by now. For those that dont, or are feeling a little speculative - trying to get the upper hand on the rest of their leagues when (if) Gaz does drop off Ill run through some other options to think about.

<!--more-->
Joel Bowden

Huh? The bloke who was so far out of favour at the start of the
season and was heavily traded away has stormed back into SuperCoach form.
Second highest individual score this season and a return (hopefully) to
that floating, strolling, free running, unaccountable half back flanker
will prove SuperCoach gold for the latter half of the season. 223 last week and
Carlton to come this week - and 85 earlier this year when these two met
and a disappointing average of just less than 65 would lead this blog
to conclude that Bowden probably isnt your best bet this week. IMO all
it takes is for Carlton to have to make Bowden accountable and refuse
to allow him to play in front of Fevola and the 3rd man up all game and
his score will suffer. Definitely a speculative choice this week.

Adam Cooney

Never disappoints. Doggies head up to Darwin to take on the Power.
112 last time these two teams met up there and an overall average
against the Power of just over 80 leads him into calculations this
week. In the SuperCoach form hes currently in - Cooney is my best bet as your
VC this week - especially if youre going for a C thats playing in the
2nd half of the Round.

Brent Harvey

TooSerious pick as trade-in of the round last week didnt
disappoint, with a big score lodged against the Hawks. Averages 100+
against their opponents - the Saints this week. I reckon Boomer is in
with a big show this week, the Saints midfield is slow and struggling
for form at the moment - a big free flowing game from the Roos could
break the shackles of the...