TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Following on from Brays Review of Round 10 - Captain Considerations, I fear will look a little similar this week - mainly because there are a few big guns in irresistible form, ones that I reckon you just cant go past in deliberating on your captains this week.

<!--more-->
[span style="font-size: 1.2em;">The Usual Suspects:

Gary Ablett

Seriously, going past him is nonsense in the form that hes in.
Destroyed Carlton with a third quarter out of the books where he got
about a million possessions. Having said that, whats the money that
Rawlings just puts a monster tag on Ablett now that Ive said that.
Anyway, not having Ablett as your captain is frought with danger, as
those who didnt (sigh) when he got 254 found out the hard way.
Averages over 130 - hard to argue with the proposition that Ablett
should be your captain when hes the form player of the comp.&nbsp;

Buddy Franklin

Again, in good form and playing an Essendon side devoid of defensive
pressure and possibly without Mal Michael. Buddy has kicked bags of
goals against better defences so could look for another big haul
against the Dons this week. Could be distracted by his drink-throwing
storm in a teacup controversy - but unlikely. Buddy can score well
even when he doesnt get a lot of the ball or the Hawks arent
dominating so he is a bit of a safer pick than some of the other key
forwards. Scored 160 and 108 against the Dons last year so put him
firmly in your thoughts this week.&nbsp;

Adam Cooney

If Ablett is not the form player in the comp, then Cooney is. Scored
130 against the Saints earlier this year - albeit with their No1 tagger
out due to suspension. Scores of 60 and 81 in their matchups last year
suggest he could be a bit risky - but in far better form this year and
should be thereabouts for a big score this week.&nbsp;

Dean Cox

Big Cox is scoring well, continually getting close to, or if not
exceeding...
Rob Murphy (ave: 103), Brett Burton (ave: 96) and Beau Waters (ave: 56) are all set to miss a couple of weeks for head high contact. That is going to hurt alot of teams cause at this stage of the year we are all looking for downgrades and upgrades. Plus, those in the National Rankings race dont want Tippett in their starting side.

Also, reports aint the only things hurting our sides. Injuries were everywhere on the weekend - Robbo is out for the season which is sad news for all footy fans. Brock McLean, Kane Johnson and Jonathon Brown are also big names that might miss weeks with little injuries.

UPDATE: Kane Johnson will miss 3-4 weeks, although the <a href="http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,23797381-19742,00.html">Hearld Sun says Steve[/url] - I think they mean Kane. Haha.

The trio head hitters <a href="http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,23797445-23211,00.html">have the bans[/url] and Burton and Waters get offered 2 weeks, while Murphy gets 1. This buggers up my trades, hopefully Chapster returns.
Its great to see the interest growing in this blog - 2000 members, comments and heaps of hits. But, to grow it we need more people on board. Just looking for a couple to help me and N.Cee and I dont think it will hurt if they have a couple others on the DreamTeam side of things.

It is getting an exciting time for TooSerious and we do plan to become the number 1 fantasy football site. We have got loads of stuff in the pipeline. And, here is your last chance to be apart of it. So, if ya love ya stats, ya footy and SuperCoach or DT. Your the man. Just pop either me (braydog@live.com.au) an email if ya interested in the SuperCoach side, and ya best to email Walesy if ya keen on the DreamTeam blog.

But, we aint stopping there if you know anything that could help us out just let us. Could be website coding (cause it wont hurt to spice it up), maybe even a way we could get some merch happening or anything other thing that you might think could come in handy for us. Like I said just pop me and email. Or, even leave a comment.

Thanks,
The Dog.
I’m doing something abit different this week, going through the top 10 stars and the top 10 flops for the week with a few other little fun facts along the way. Hopefully you enjoy it. Warning: Some views may be bias, but harden up and get over it.

<!--more-->

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-size: 22pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">STARS[span style="font-size: 20pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">&nbsp;[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">In my eyes the top
10 over performers of the weekend. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">10. Goodwin – 155

[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">And he was hardly on
the ground in the first quarter. Should help a lot of teams to a good win this
win. Get it? <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">9. Bradshaw – 147.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

Labelled the Brisbane Twin Towers with Brown.
These boys a working together lovely, but with Black drilling the ball in, which forwards wouldn’t?<o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">8.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';"> Adam Goodes –

AFL’s love child, the worst Brownlow medallist ever, let alone dual Brownlow
medallist but, I suppose he is an OK footballer. <o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">7. St. Kilda’s Nine – Ave: 131.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

Yes, Roo is back, Nick Dal is ripping it up, Goddard tripled his score in Junktime, Tanga is back after a couple of down
weeks, Jones is some no-name that
down alright, Fisher is always
solid, Good on you if you...
So, the round is done and dusted, and how did you go?

I got my biggest score of the year, which has kept me in the eliminator for another week *high-five*

2107... Finally broke the 2100 barrier!

All in all, a good week for DreamTeam for me... And another week where my DreamTeam score beat my Supercoach score...

So I ask, howd you go? Who excelled? who disappointed? and most importantly, whos still in?
How are all your players going this week? Fill us in with your current score and what your expecting? And, fellow Chapster owners do want to join me to stab hack Tippett?

UPDATE: Dean Cox is legend, Hawks have there lowest SuperCoach scoring game all year, Brownie is back, as is Stevie J.

But, Heath Shaw your a disgrace.
Thats right, sometime between now and yesterday, TooSerious had its 2000th account signed up.

Which is what, 1 percent (roughly) of the combined Supercoach/Dreamteam users... taking into account doubles and stuff...

Which is pretty swish I reckon.

So thank you all for all the support, for the messages, and now with the blog, for the Comments.

Bray, Youre a star on the Blog mate. Burley and N.Cee, glad your here...

And just a sneak peak for you all, on some of the soon-to-be-release functionality to TooSerious.

1. Premium DreamTeam tab, set up your PDT team into TooSerious. Not just that, but youll be able to set up the other teams and allocate players to them...
2. Game pages. No, not live updates, but everything youll need for captain/bench selections - Highest scorers for the teams playing, Team-average-against, weather reports and more, all in the one spot to make your captain selections that much more informed.

and other stuff... ooohh, other.. .:D

Cheers,
Walesy
Something new this week, just a last minute check before you trade make captain selection and any other fun facts.

1. Chappy is out, so is Gamble and Valenti so some people might be copping a zero. Try to get some money to upgrade Gamble to BJ (only worthy upgrade - read <a href="http://tooserious.typepad.com/tooserious_sc/2008/05/the-dogs-best-1.html#more">here[/url] to find out why)&nbsp;- if not eat donuts. Shouldnt have traded in Valenti so early, and you should have got Gamble for him. I told everyone Gamble will be dropped.

2. The only 2 gamer playing this week is Cotchin, so jump on him. Forget about the rest that I mentioned <a href="http://tooserious.typepad.com/tooserious_sc/2008/05/need-some-dou-1.html#more">here[/url]. Wikies and Houlihan might be the buys next week.

3. Essendon has the most points scored agasint them, so get on Scott Thompson, Goodie or Stiffy Cock for captain. Or read <a href="http://tooserious.typepad.com/tooserious_sc/2008/05/captain-conside.html#more">here[/url] for other suggestions. Also, Tippett and Burton should bounce back.

4. Buddy kicked 2.11 last time agaisnt the dogs, but still if you want a roughie in ya tips. Get on the dogs. Woof woof.

Let us know what other trades you might be making, your captain or whinge about Chappy. I love all your comments.
Its a bit late this week cause I had the live draft last night and was a bit busy with that, and now I gotta head off to work so I can only quickly whip up this one, but we will see how it goes. Want to know how you can afford these guys? <a href="http://tooserious.typepad.com/tooserious_sc/2008/05/need-some-dou-1.html#more">Read here.[/url]

<!--more-->
[span style="font-size: 1.4em;">BARGAIN OF THE WEEK
[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">Paul Chapman
[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">Started: 604k. Peaked: 613k. Now: 487k. BE: 60. Ave: 102.[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">
Nothing has changed since last week, except he might have a sore hammy. Make sure he is named before trading. But, he averages 100+ and is under 500k so you cant argue with that.

[span style="font-size: 1.4em;">BEST BUYS

Brad Johnson
[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">Started: 566k. Now: 426k. BE: 83. Ave: 84.[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">
This bloke has finally hit some form with 2 hundreds in the past 3 games. You will be spewing you didnt jump on him in a couple of weeks time. This bloke is a star.

Sam Fisher
[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">Started: 535k. Now: 458k. BE: 85. Ave: 94.
Unless you need a backmen this week I would wait for Chad, Gilbee, Milburn, McLeod or Shaw. But, Fisher aint bad.&nbsp;

But, thats seriously all there is this week. But, keep reading to see who could be brought this week, but your best to hold off for a couple of weeks.

[span style="font-size: 1.4em;">HOLD YOUR HORSES[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">
[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">People have being saying its the week to jump on YABBLETT after his 35k drop, but really he has to average 140 to stay at that price. I dont think he can do it. But, his mate in Jimmy Bartel is looking tasty with another high BE of 184. Chadwick is one using the one arm but still snagging 80 points, hopefully a couple more 80s and he will be a must buy. His...
I figure, Im going to want to review these reviews in about 8 months time, and what better way to preserve them than to throw them up here.

So, if like me, youre looking slightly towards the future, read ahead...

(Taken from the AFL Website)
Day 1

Xavier McMahon - Xavier won the most disposals for NSW/ACT and he was a pretty good player all day. He also gave his side plenty of run.
Patrick Heenan - Although the Northern Territory missed several key players, Patrick was one of sides best and won 20 touches - the most for his side. He tried really hard all day.
Tom Salter - Tommy was really good in the midfield. He was Tassies highest ball-winner with 24 touches.
Matt Thomson - Matt was Queenslands leading ball-winner and he worked hard all day.

Day 2

Ranga Ediriwickrama - He was really good. He had a high work-rate and won a lot of the footy - he won 32 possessions. Ranga was good in game one, but he was cleaner with his ball-use and gathering. He really led from the front and was outstanding.
Patrick Heenan - Ive liked what Ive seen of him in the last two games - I havent seen him much since he was in under 16s - and hes now at Melbourne Grammar. He played a loose role in the back-pocket and hes got a license to free up and attack, but he makes good decisions. What I like about him is that hes got great balance and takes the game on. Hes been good.
Matt Thomson - A ball-winner, hes not the biggest kid going around, but he finds the footy and he uses it well - hes now had a couple of solid games. He got 28 touches against NSW/ACT.

Day 3

Ranga Ediriwickrama - Ranga had a good game. Hes one of our scholarship boys and weve been really happy with his carnival and hes won a lot of footy. He worked really hard around the stoppages and has won contested footy, so he should be proud of his efforts.
Luke Breust - I thought he had a really influential game. He used the ball well and was...