TooSerious

For those who take it way too seriously

Everyone loves FanFootys live scoring, well not as much as our <a href="http://dreamteamtalk.com/">DT Talk[/url] boys. But, it is a sensational site. This is breaking news and has been first reported on TooSerious. It even looks like FanFooty hasnt even announced it but their live scoring has got some sweet new icons. Some Im not even sure what they mean, but theres no doubt we will find out on the weekend.

But, have a look at the at a couple from last week: <a href="http://live.fanfooty.com.au/game/matchscores.html?id=866">Carl Vs Bris[/url], <a href="http://live.fanfooty.com.au/game/matchscores.html?id=865">Cats Vs Tigers[/url]. And, just change the number in the URL around to look at more.

Love your work, Monty.
New name, and new style. In the past I have just done my research on breakevens and chance of rising in price. But this week Ive put a bit more effort in to see how they usually preform against the team that they are against and a couple of other fun facts. I realise its a massive week in selecting your upgrades, so this is must read.

Read <a href="http://tooserious.typepad.com/tooserious_sc/2008/05/need-some-dough.html#more">here[/url] to find out how to afford these players.

<!--more-->

[span style="font-size: 1.4em;">BARGAIN OF THE WEEK.[span style="font-size: 0.6em;">
Ok, this is where the cheapest and most times best pick-up of the week goes. If you dont have him, get him.

[span style="font-size: 0.6em;">&nbsp;
Johnno Brown.
Started: 597k. Now: 429k. BE: 72. Ave: 88.
He has finally stopped dropping and is looking at a rise of about 6k if he scores his average this week but, I sure he will thump that up against the struggling Saints. And, he now taking marks cause on weekend I believe that Bradshaw was still a more popular target inside 50 up to half time. But, Im sure everyone has him now so I more I type the more Im wasting my time.

[span style="font-size: 1.4em;">BEST BUYS
[span style="font-size: 0.6em;">Other than the bargain of the week, these guys will be very handy pick ups this week.
[span style="font-size: 1.2em;">
Paul Chapman.[span style="font-size: 0.8em;">
Started: 604k. Peaked: 613k. Now: 487k. BE: 60. Ave: 102.
This blokes average is over 100 but, is still under 500k. Speaks for itself he is a Best Buy at its best. Epscially if your planning on upgrading in your forward line (unless Brown-less) or even like myself in the midfield if you cant afford any of the blokes below. He is up against Collingwood on Friday Night who he seems to enjoy playing and he is in some super form coming off a 132 last week. Chappy will make you happy. [span style="font-size: 0.8em;">

[span style="font-size:...
Two massive returns this week with Chad Cornes and Nick Riewoldt named on the ground. Will they play though? Josh Fraser and Stokes have both returned for the Friday Night clash. NLM, McPhee, Dyson and Watson are big ins for Essendon, but out goes Houli Douli with a virus (a must downgrade to Cotchin or Wellingham - both named), Laydick, Mal Micheal and Rama. Tigers go tall with Pattison and Schulz back. Out goes Nicoski, but still no Scott Selwood. Instead two new blokes in Tim Houlihan and Beau Wilkies and last weeks debutant Ryan Davis named again. Alot of fresh blood at West Coast. Geary might return for St. Kilda, he is named on the extended bench. So, does a bunch of other players for the Sunday games except a highly rated ruckman in John Messen who still hasnt got a gig even though Jamar has been axed. Valenti holds his spot.

<!--more-->
Collingwood v Geelong
MCG, 7.40pm

[span style="font-weight: bold;">COLLINGWOOD
B: Heath Shaw, Shane Wakelin, Rhyce Shaw
HB: Nick Maxwell, Nathan Brown, Harry O’Brien
C: Scott Pendlebury, Scott Burns, Tarkyn Lockyer
HF: Alan Didak, Anthony Rocca, Paul Medhurst
F: Dane Swan, Travis Cloke, Dale Thomas
Foll:&nbsp; Josh Fraser, Shane O’Bree, Leon Davis
Int: Martin Clarke, Ben Johnson, Sharrod Wellingham, Chris Bryan
Emg: Ryan Cook, Ryan Lonie, Cameron Wood

In: Fraser
Out: Wood (omitted)

GEELONG
B: Tom Harley, Matthew Scarlett, Josh Hunt
HB: Darren Milburn, Harry Taylor, Corey Enright
C: Cameron Ling, Joel Selwood, Jimmy Bartel
HF: Steve Johnson, Cameron Mooney, Paul Chapman
F: James Kelly, Tom Hawkins, Mathew Stokes
Foll: Mark Blake, Gary Ablett, Joel Corey
Int: Trent West, Andrew Mackie, Ryan Gamble, David Wojcinski
Emg: Shannon Byrnes, Travis Varcoe, Max RookeIn: Stokes, West

Out: Max Rooke, Shane...
As written in the latest email from the Fantasy Freako:

In the pre-season, subscribers to my e-letter received exclusive DreamTeam stats on all players throughout the NAB Regional Challenge. It seems as though that information was highly valued by readers, so I have decided to offer up some more never-before-seen information that may help your DreamTeam player selections in the coming years. As a true fantasy freak, I am able to get my hands on weekly DreamTeam scores for this year’s potential draftees. Names such as Naitanui, Rich, Hurley and Yarran may mean nothing to you now but then again this time last year you probably hadn’t heard of Palmer, Rioli and Wonaeamirri, and they are 2008’s three biggest DreamTeam price-risers so far. If you knew like I did when picking your team that Palmer averaged 130 in last year’s U18 Champs then you wouldn’t be so surprised to see him rack up over 70 pts in six of his first seven AFL games. Division one of the 2008 NAB Under-18 Championships starts this weekend so in the coming weeks I’ll keep you posted with the players to keep an eye on for next year. I have had a quick look over the numbers from last year’s carnival and it paints an amazingly accurate picture of the players who turned out to be the steals of early 2008. Here are some of the more notable DreamTeam averages from the three games at last year’s NAB AFL Under-18 Champs:

<ul><li>Player - DreamTeam Ave.</li>

<li>Rhys Palmer - 130.3</li>

<li>Cyril Rioli - 114.3</li>

<li>Craig Bird - 110.7</li>

<li>Cale Morton - 107.7</li>

<li>Austin Wonaeamirri - 92.3</li>

<li>Chris Masten - 92.3</li>

<li>David Myers - 90.3</li>

<li>Matthew Kreuzer - 86.7</li>

<li>Brad Ebert - 86.7</li>

<li>Scott Selwood - 85.7</li>

<li>Steven Browne - 74.3</li>

<li>Trent Cotchin - 52.3</li>

<li>Jarrhan Jacky - 50.3</li>

<li>Darcy Daniher - 38.3</li></ul>

This will be very exciting I reckon, in particular for Rising Star betting. :p

Seriously though, this...
Howdy all, welcome to round 8.

Sorry this post is so late, Ive been up on blocks for the last few days, the details of which I wont go into here...

anyways, what I wanted to discuss with you all today was Ruckmen.

I mean, weve all got Cox as our #1. The man is a machine, averaging 118 (105 DT) for the year.

The harder part is the #2... Now, Im going to start talking SuperCoach for a moment here...

49,554 coaches have taken a stab on Simmonds, and with an average of 67, might be feeling disapointed (fear not though, he has still made you 99k)
While other coaches have gone the 'safer' approaches in:
White: 7,107 (96 ave)
Sandilands: 20,933 (100 ave)

However, the #2 ruck I want to talk about today seems to have slipped under a lot of peoples radars, being selected by 3,320 coaches.

Darren Jolly. Currently the 4th highest average in SuperCoach rucks, also holds the 2nd highest average over the past 5 weeks (108). And until last weeks 156 would have been slipping under most peoples radars (I know I was hoping too pick him up cheap in the Premium DreamTeam League!)

Take a look at the below figures (and graph), Jolly, outside his 18, has been performing outstandingly. Obviously, two weeks ago, when he dropped of his 18 was the perfect time to pick him up, but hell be holding his 156 for 2 more weeks, and on current form (108 ave), wont be dropping below 500k any time soon. An excellent posibility for those thinking of upgrading Simmonds.

<iframe src="http://www.xalia.com.au/Generate.php?Method=PlayerPage&amp;PlayerID=337&amp;Comp=HS&amp;Round=8&amp;bEnableGraph=True&amp;Standalone=True" width="100%" height="400"> </iframe>
Howdy all DTers, there are still a few spots open in the TooSerious Premium Dreamteam league.

Anyone need a league?
(Oh, and Im assuming that by the fact that youre reading this, you already know enough to know what youre doing. :D)

Just leave a comment, or email me, or PM yanno, its all good.
Its that time of the year when everyone starts using 2 trades a week, doing some downgarding of rookies and upgrading of mid-priced players. Youll find out in my renamed and revamped Dogs Best Buys this week who to upgrade too, but you also gotta look out for some good downgrades. Thats where Im going to help.

<!--more-->
DOWNGRADING BACKS.

There are hardly any rookies in the Backline and the likes of Proud and
Taylor are yet to peak. The only real peaked back is Nathan Brown from
Colllingwood, so it might be the week to trade him down. Also, that
Nicoski if still in your side must go. But to who? Its a shame that much that has peaked cause there is some good Fresh Meat (less than
2 games) in the Backline including David Myers (-84) and Jay Neagle
(-29) from Essendon. They are both likely to play a couple more games
but the only downside is they are abit more expensive than your average
rookie at 120k and 135k. But if your really depesrate for coin you
could go for the likes of Scott Selwood (-68) and Matthew Spangher
(-41) both from West Coast that might play that 3rd game some time this
season. So, if they are ever named jump on them.
DOWNGRADING MIDS

Bird
, Houli Douli and Trav Tuck are all ready for downgrades. And, I
got two words for ya: Trent Cotchin. I cant see him getting dropped
all season now he is in the team. But again like the Don boys he is
alittle more expensive than the average rookie at 140k. But, you have
that extra week for him if you want to get some more coin out of Wona,
Ibbo and Palmer. Also, I have read some people are downgrading Nick
Stevens
and playing Palmer which I reckon is a excellent idea. So, if
youve got Rhys on ya bench you might do something simliar. If you
dont like Cotchin there is also Myers in the middle and a bloke named
Sharrod Wellingham (-83) from...
<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Similar to
what I tried over at <a href="http://dreamteamtalk.com/2008/05/04/braydogs-supercoach-round-review-rd-7/#comments">DT Talk[/url], I will be doing a bit of Round Review. Going
through the Superstars of SuperCoach, players above par, and those in a la-la.
And, couple of other facts of interest from the weekend’s games. Then you guys
can have a crack at reviewing your team...<o:p></o:p>

<!--more-->
<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">SUPERSTARS OF SUPERCOACH[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">

[span style="font-size: 0.6em;">[span style="font-size: 9pt; line-height: 115%; font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">All
the big buck players, scoring big scores.[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';"><o:p></o:p>

<p class="MsoNormal">[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';">Dal Santo[span style="font-family: 'Tahoma','sans-serif';"> (145) is hitting some brilliant
form, Hayes (121) and Ball (126) also done it in the middle
for the saints. While on the Collingwood side their midfielders done just
aswell Pendlebury (123) and Swan (118). It must be a midfielders
weekend with Bateman (131), Sewell (123) and Lewis (114) scoring well for the Hawks. Finally a forward with Buddy (131), only one Port cracked the 100 mark with S. Burgoyne (129). Don’t worry about Gablett (164)&nbsp;he is fine. Chappy (132) is back and well Bartel (103) always scores. Richo (112) is the only big dollar
scorer for the Tigers. Juddy (105)
don’t surprise, while Scotland (121)
is a much underrated Fantasy player averages about 100. Power (128) does it for Lions. Cox
(145) and Simpson (109) are the
stand outs in the triller on the Gold Coast. Goodwin (125) and Stiffy[span...
So, the scores are up, and if youre like me, you go straight to the Eliminator.

Are you still in? After a 2048 last week, I was sure that my 1698 would see me eliminated this week.

Luckily, I drew a 1650 from the opposition and am through to the next round.

How many of you guys are still in?
This has been one of the best weekends injury wise all year but the ones the few that there were are backmen. Which is no real surprise this season. Brent Guerra done his hammy in Q2 and would guess he will miss 3 weeks. Alan Obst, the debutant for the Roos is was out for the game with a Hip injury. Not sure how bad it is, but I wouldnt worry to much cause he would have just been dropped next week. Cause Dean Laidley is a poof only play rookies for a couple of games to tease us. Haha. Tadgh Kennely is the big one from the weekend with a dislocated knee, and the last time he had this injury he missed 9 weeks - it was the other knee that time. But he looked in a huge amount of pain and actually vomitted when he came off the ground. Sam Mitchell got streched off, but came back on and will be fine. Jared Brennan has a quad injury but not to sure how bad it is cause he did come back on when it looked like he was gone for the game. Stay tuned for more information as it comes to hand.