ORFFF 2016 Mid-Season completed trades

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by anthak, Jun 14, 2016.

1. leematty1

leematty1 Well-Known Member

Another one done. @MrsBear and I can confirm the following. Orazio Fantasia joins the boozers in return for Charlie Dixon and our second round msd pick

• Like Like x 1
  2. MrsBear

MrsBear Active Member

Port Lincoln confirm this trade

• Like Like x 2
  3. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

I cant find the rules thread and this thread seems to have 6a and 6e conflicting? can someone please clarify and/or rename and sticky the rules thread?

• Like Like x 1
  4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

The rules thread is stickied already. Always has been.

Port_L posted the correct rule. Ive got no idea where choppers got his version from.

5. anthak

6. insider

insider Administrator Staff Member

Ah well played Ant thanks mate. Looks like I'm now a :sheep: and brainwashed into modern society (aka acronym-land) where if the actual words are written instead of abbreviated I just gloss straight over it

• Like Like x 2
  7. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

My fault entirely. I got it from this thread but didn't read it properly.

http://tooserious.net/forum/threads/orfff-league-setup-rules-and-key-dates-discussion.88813/

6(e) Mid-Season Draft will happen in the last week of the multi bye rounds (R13). Draft will run in reverse points for order as of the end of R10.

I missed the part at the top which said the content was taken from ORFFU site.

Please accept my apology for stuffing things up.

I'll go sit in the corner now:(

• Like Like x 5
  8. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Another trade that's a little complicated:

Mole Creek trade & Jan Juc receive:
    Pearce Hanley + JJD Rnd 2 MSD (pick 26, my original trade from the Ablett auction) + MCG Rnds 4,5,6 PSD 2017

Jan Juc trade & Mole Creek receive:
    Matt Scharenberg + JJD Rnd 1 MSD (pick 10)

• Like Like x 2
  9. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

Mole Creek confirms

10. anthak

Big trade!

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

When Mole Creek rebuilds, Mole Creek doesn't do half measures.

I would however query the balance of the Pearce Hanley for Matt Scharenberg trade. With the MSD draft pick exchange Mole Creek is in effect picking up a MSD pick around 14-16. They (MC) are trading out 3 PSD picks which will probably be at worst mid round picks (most likely they now finish 6-9 or 7-8) and one would expect if the 3 picks were traded as a combined package would be at a minimum somewhere in the early to mid third round of a draft which many coaches would rate more highly than the MSD with 70 new draftees and 50-60 delisted players in the pool.

Hanley is 27, durable, and has averaged 90 plus 4 out of 5 seasons since 2012. If Scharenberg was going to be the next Dangerfield then sure it makes sense but he has been played 4 senior games in a very important stage of his development whereas most eventual guns will have played 25-50. I understand Mole Creek may have no use for the last 2 picks it just seems to me that unless I am missing something Jan Juc gets a whole lot more back than I would have expected even with a higher than average premium on youth.

12. MrsBear

MrsBear Active Member

Port Lincoln trade
    Jesse Palmer, Sam Wright, PLP's round 1 MSD pick, MTB's round 2 MSD pick and PLP's 5th round PSD pick
    to Wedge Island for
    Brent Harvey, Karl Amon, WIWP's 3rd, 4th and 6th round PSD picks

• Like Like x 1
  13. anthak

My thoughts exactly, but each to their own. Viqboz is big enough to live with the decision. Its always tricky assessing trades when 1 party is going for youth and the other ready-made players.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

After getting screwed over for an extra PSD pick, Wedge Island begrudgingly confirm this trade proposal

• Like Like x 1
  15. James84

James84 Well-Known Member

I do understand where you are coming from and I feel comfortable with my strategy, in saying that we have a veto option for a reason. If anyone feels that it is too unbalabced they are more than welcome to use it! ;)

16. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

Just a couple of points on the above discussion
    - MSD pick that ViQBoZ receives is pick 10, not 14-16. There's some pretty decent free agents in the top 10 available, I know I was looking forward to snagging one of them.
    - I agree that PSD picks hold more weight, in fact I originally offered a PSD pick but ViQBoZ decided he doesn't want to go the full 'tank' route and needs to pick up a playing player this draft period, and countered with the MSD option. Good on him.
    - I asked if ViQBoZ would be willing to hand over any picks he would not be using and he was OK with that. Therefore, he actually isn't losing anything and shouldn't really be in the equation for value of the trade
    - The final trade posted was one that ViQBoZ had proposed to me. Ultimately it's irrelevant who proposed to it, but thought I'd put it out there for consideration.

Does the trade look a bit fairer Pearce Hanley for Scharenberg and MSD pick 10? To be honest it's still likely in my favour, but those are the sacrifices made when you try to rebuild a team, trades in the AFL world look like this all the time.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Bearfly

I have no problem with the Glow Worms and Quackers proposed trade - and I like the example Kash used, real world AFL trades quite often look like this (apart from MSD picks).
    Kudos to both coaches for nutting out a fairly complex deal which they are obviously both happy with

• Like Like x 1
  18. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

obviously there is "precedent" in unbalanced trades in the AFL, the glaring difference though is the salary cap which prevents an AFL club from bringing in the 10 best players in the game (for example) via one-sided trades without then having a massive impact on their ability to retain the rest of their squad, while in the ORFFF the same superpower could then retain their best 24 until retirement

19. anthak

Completed trade

Black Swamp sends Troy Menzel, and 3rd rnd PSD, and 5th rnd PSD, and MSD pick 30, to Heard Island
    for SDThompson, and 5th rnd PSD, and 6th rnd PSD

I think thats where we ended up. Please confirm TTH , or PM me if im wrong

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Bearfly

Getting ripped off there @anthak - Menzel can hardly get a touch in the Cows SANFL side, let alone push the likes of Cameron, Atkins, etc out of the Cows AFL side!!! :p