ORFFF League Setup, rules and key dates discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFF' started by TheTassieHawk, Nov 27, 2012.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Here are some quick thoughts on some organisational things that need to be worked out or scheduled – please contribute and feel free to bring up add any other issues I have missed New comp name to be decided (asap) - these are some suggestions so far (as at 12/10)
    ORFFB (Band, Body, Brigade, Bunch)
    ORFFC (Challenge, Championship,Class, Club, Coalition, Collection, Collective,Competition,Confederation,Conference,Conglomerate, Congregation, Council, Crew, Crowd, Cup)
    ORFFD (Division)
    ORFFF (Faction, Federation)
    ORFFG (Gang, Group)
    ORFFH (Hybrid)
    ORFFN (Network)
    ORFFO (Order,Organisation)
    ORFFP (Pack, Party, Platoon, Pool)
    ORFFS (Series, Syndicate)
    ORFFT (Tournament, Troop, Trophy)

'Rules' to be discussed
    All coaches to indicate what interest they have in contributing to league organisation and admin and any periods of extended unavailability so that we can form a Commisioner/Committee set up to oversee operations through to the end of the 2016 Season Approximate Drafting Format and Dates to be determined Final Number of Teams to be determined Team Names and Blogs on TS Hold the draft Organise the 2016 Competition Fixture Again if there are any other issues I have missed please feel free to mention them and I will add them to this post Cheers TTH

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Or perhaps ORFFH? Outer Regional Football Fantasy Hybrid.

3. thokash

thokash Full-Time Magician Staff Member

ust dropping in to continue my interest.

Obviously everyone is keen, but my opinion/experience is it's really hard to get anything done before January. That goes for the draft, but more importantly finding coaches that are genuinely interested - I highly doubt too many are lurking around this time of year.

Does anyone have a breakdown of the differences in rules between ORFFL, ORFFA and ORFFU? Staying close to this formula is ideal, then we can maybe vote on which aspects have different rules across these 3 comps.

As for competition names, like Grav im partial to ORFFC, but I can't decide which C word (how rude!) is my favourite. Throw combine, coalition and confederation in to the ring as well. In fact loving wrestling back in the day, I think my favourite would be ORFFOrder.

4. TheTassieHawk

By way of comparison here are the2015 rules for the ORFFU

http://tooserious.net/Forum/tabid/91/...

1. TEAMS
    1(a) Teams should be named after a remote Australian town/place. For consistency's sake. However the Commissioner and the Board may make exceptions on a case by case basis.
    1(b) Squads of 26 players during competition.
    1(c) Weekly playing sides will consist of 15 players. 4 Defenders, 4 Midfielders, 1 Ruck, 4 Forwards and 2 Interchange.
    1(d) The Interchange players can be of any position. They score full points.
    1(e) 4 Emergencies can be selected. 1 emergency per line. They come in if a selected player does not play.
    1(f) You can play someone in the wrong position (i.e. Cloke in Defence, but they only get half the points).
    1(g) SC points and player positions.
    1(h) If you don't field a team, in the first instance you get last weeks posted team, on the second occasion you will get zero, for the third time you will get zero as well as your first 3 rounds of post season draft picks forfeited and serious questions will be asked about your commitment with the possible removal from ORFFU.
    [span style='background: white; color: black;]1(i) You must post your team in the Weekly Team Thread prior to the first bounce, as well as entering via TSleagues. This not only helps with record keeping and ensures integrity of scores, it's also a good thing to do to encourage forum activity.

2. FIXTURE
    2(a) Teams will play each other once in the regular season. Play will not occur in the 3 bye rounds (11, 12 & 13).
    2(b) Where matches are be held over a 2 weeks period (like rounds 18, 19 from 2014) there will be a rolling lockout open during the held over rounds the exact same as SC.
    2(c) Finals will be held in the final 3 weeks of the season (21, 22 & 23).
    2(d) There will be a rolling lockout open during all split rounds. Each time it will close at the start of a game, the exact same as SC.
    2(e) Any non-split rounds will be locked out at the beginning of the first match of the week.
    2(f) Matches on Thursday will be locked out at the start of the game, but games for the rest of the round will be locked out at the beginning of the game on Friday.
    2(g) Home teams will be required to post a match review no later than 2 days after the last AFL match (i.e. last game on Sunday, review posted on Tuesday).
    2(h) During Finals, match reviews will be completed voluntarily be they a participating coach or not, however the participating coaches get first option.

3. FINALS
    3(a) Final 8, knockout style over 3 weeks (R21-23).
    3(b) In the first week the finals structure will be 1 v 8, 2 v 7, 3 v 6, 4 v 5.
    3(c) In the second week of the finals, the four winners from the previous weeks finals will playoff in seeded matches, the winner of 1st v 8th will play the winner of 4th v 5th and the winner of 2nd v 7th will play the winner of 3rd v 6th.
    3(d) The third week of the finals will consist of one match between the winners of the previous week's matches. This match is known as the ORFFU Grand Final.

4. TRADES
    4(a) Preseason Trade Period opens early November until the end of January of the next year. Trading is then open during preseason draft but closes at midnight on the day the preseason draft concludes. Midseason trade period runs during the three bye rounds (see point h).
    4(b) You can trade picks (to the preseason 2015 and the midseason 2015 draft) and players. Trades can be uneven (e.g. 2 players for 1). During preseason draft, picks for that year only may be traded (i.e. you cannot bring 2016 picks into discussions when in a 2015 preseason draft).
    4(c) You can only trade draft picks in the 2 drafts directly ahead (e.g. as above).
    4(d) Trades can be vetoed if a majority of 5 non-participating teams cast a veto vote.
    4(e) Teams will have roughly 48 hours to veto a trade proposed (e.g. If a trade is proposed at 2.15pm on a Tuesday, ORFFU coaches have until 2.15pm on a Thursday to cast their votes. The Commissioner will then check and ratify the trade or veto.
    4(f) Trades posted in the final 48 hours will only have until the end of the official trade period to have vetoes cast.
    4(g) All proposed trades should be posted in the relevant thread. Likewise, all vetoes should be posted on that thread.
    4(h)Mid-Season Trade Period will commence during the first week of the multi-bye rounds (11, 12 &amp;amp; 13) <p style='background: white; margin: 0cm 0cm 12pt;]
    5. DELISTMENTS
    5(a) Pre-Season Draft delistments must be completed by 12 midnightEST, Wednesday February 11th; ORFFU lists can be no greater than 26 players.
    5(b) To delist players, simply post the players delisted on the delisted thread.
    5(c) ORFFU lists may be cut to fewer than 20 players. However, if you cut your list to less than 10 player's questions will be asked about WTF you're doing with your team in this competition - rightfully so and serious questions will be asked about your commitment with the possible removal from ORFFU.
    5(d) If an ORFFU list exceeds 26 players by the deadline mentioned above, players will be delisted from that team for them (2014 averages from lowest to highest) to take the list down to 26 players and the coach will be in serious risk of losing their place in the ORFFU.
    5(e) To be eligible for the Mid-Season Draft you must delist players by 7pm EST, Wednesday June 17th, ORFFU lists can be no greater than 26 players.

6. DRAFT
    6(a) The Pre-Season Draft will commence on February 14th 2015 at 10:00am EST.
    6(b) [span style='background: white;]12 hour (maximum) time limit on picks. If you don't pick within time you will be given the highest ranked player on 2014 averages. If the time limit isn't practical, you must notify the ORFFU in advance &amp;ndash; i.e. if it is one or two picks before yours but you are flat out at work or have a wedding etc then post that you may need to extend your 12 hours. Alternatively, nominate a proxy and give them a standby list.
    6(c) Teams must continue to draft until their lists are at 26 players.
    6(d) Players can't be &amp;ldquo;reserved&amp;rdquo; (ala the Father-son rule) for drafts. Each coach will pick in the order of their eligible draft picks, and may select any of the available players that they chose. (The option of trading during drafts is designed to allow coaches to bid for players that they wanted but missed out on)
    6(e) Mid-Season Draft will happen in the last week of the multi bye rounds (R13). Draft will run in reverse points for order as of the end of R10.
    6(f) Mid-Season Draft is not compulsory to participate in.
    6(g) There is no salary cap. SC dollars do not exist in this universe.

7. COMMITTMENT
    7(a) ORFFU requires a way too serious commitment to AFL fantasy football as such there will be times when mandatory comments, opinions, or responses are required within defined time periods associated with requests from the Commissioner or the Board (i.e. responses to trade requests, opinion on rule changes, home game match reviews etc.).
    7(b) During the regular home and away season the home teams will be required to post a match review no later than 2 days after the last AFL match (i.e. last game on Sunday, review posted on Tuesday).
    7(c) Trade requests must be responded to within 1 week of the trade request being sent during any approved trade window. [span style='background: white;]Common sense exceptions are obviously allowed &amp;ndash; i.e. you're on holidays and have previously stated this fact.
    7(d) Delisting players to below 20 on your list will raise serious questions about your commitment with the possible removal from ORFFU.
    7(e) Greater than two weeks of no activity or contact at any point in the year (without prior notice of unavailability) is considered grossly inappropriate, and will result in board discussion regarding your tenability to the position of an ORFFU coach.
    7(f) When the Commissioner or the Board inquire into a coach's commitment to ORFFU, they are required to respond within 1 week of the request being sent for the first time, all further requests for that inquiry must be responded to within 24 hours.
    7(g) Opinions are sought from all ORFFU members on all issues. This will occur through polls, forum posts, PM's, and emails. A lack of opinion on a 'few' matters is acceptable, a lack of opinion on 'most' matters shows a lack of interest in the ORFFU and will bring your membership into question.
    7(h) Where a coach is unavailable during the course of the year, that coach must make every effort to notify the Commissioner or the Board within a minimum of 1 weeks' notice, they also need to seek assistance / proxy for the matches and or events being missed and post the unavailability period and what action will be taken for that period on discussions thread.
    7(i) Tanking is frowned upon in any competition including ORFFU, if it appears you are not entering your best available players for a match, questions will be asked about your commitment with the possible removal from ORFFU.
    7(j) There will be no more personal attacks in public forums. If you have issues with another coach, they are to be dealt with in private. Joking around, horse-play, and general banter are however accepted and encouraged.
    7(k) Failure to comply with the above commitments may result in the possible removal from ORFFU.
    7(l) Removal from ORFFU is not taken lightly, the Commissioner and the Board will make every effort to resolve any issues with the coach in question and may use a variety of ways to assess the coaches commitment and may take action with or without a majority rule.
    7(m) Participate! This league will only be a success and an enjoyment if all coaches try to make it that way.

8. POSITIONS OF POWER

8(a) All official positions will be vacated at year's end 2 weeks after the ORFFU Grand Final is completed. Official positions are: Commissioner and the Board (made up of the Commissioner and 4 other ORFFU coaches).

8(b) 2 weeks after the ORRFU Grand final is completed nominations will be called for the Commissioner position first, coaches will have 48 hours to nominate in the &amp;ldquo;Commissioner Nominations&amp;rdquo; thread. Once closed, a poll will be conducted if there is more than one nomination received; if not the sole nomination is accepted to the position without a poll. Where more than one nomination is received all coaches must vote for a candidate within 48 hours after the poll has been issued. The candidate with the most votes wins the position. Where a poll is tied the exiting Commissioner will cast a tie breaker vote if not nominated, if nominated then existing Commissioner will hold his position as Commissioner.

8(c) Where there are no nominations the Board at that time will discuss and make a judgement call for that position including reappointing the existing Commissioner even if it's the fourth consecutive term.

8(d) Once the Commissioner position is filled coaches will have 48 hours to nominate in the &amp;ldquo;Board Nominations&amp;rdquo; thread. Once closed, a poll will be conducted if there are more than four nominations received; if not those nominated will be accepted to the positions without a poll. Where more than four nominations are received all non-nominated coaches must vote for 4 candidates within 48 hours after the poll has been issued. The four candidates with the most votes win the positions. Where a poll is tied the new Commissioner will cast tie breaker votes.

8(e) Where there is less than 3 nominations the new Commissioner will make a call on the Board numbers for that year.

8(f) A coach can only hold a position of power consecutively for 3 terms and cannot nominate in the fourth year for that position.

8(g) The role of the Commissioner is to regulate and control the operations of the Outer Regional Fantasy Football Union known as ORFFU. This encompasses making a final ruling, casting a tie breaker vote, ensuring that all coaches have an opportunity to have a say, discussing matters of issue raised in ORFFU with the Board and to ensure the success and enjoyment of the ORRFU for all that are way too serious for fantasy football.

8(h) The role of the Board is a body of elected or appointed members who jointly oversee the operations of the Outer Regional Fantasy Football Union known as ORFFU. This encompasses discussing matters of issue raised in ORFFU, proposing a variety of recommendations to those issues for a collective and united solution / decision and assist the Commissioner with ensuring the success and enjoyment of the ORRFU for all that are way too serious for fantasy football.

5. stowie

stowie Moderator

Yep, still keen. Distracted by the NFL / NBA / NBL at the moment so sorry for not popping my head in sooner.

6. TheTassieHawk

Len wrote:<br/>
    We've never detailed the FA rules in one spot, I'll grab the list you posted TTH and highlight variances if that works for you?</div>
    &#160; You are a champ Len !

7. thokash

Thanks for the research Len. Some rules seem slightly old and outdated (including the ORFFL rules), as you said TS Leagues has replaced a lot of the functionality.

I think the important differences to decide on is squad size, as well as delistings and drafting after the squad size is agreed upon.

In relation to 26 vs 28 squad size, coming from the ORFFL we opt for the 26 option. In the 4 years of the ORFFL, there have been many, many, 0's scored by teams not being able to field a full 15 players, mostly from the lower teams (humble brags - don't think I've ever copped a 0, except for a late withdrawal ruck with no emergency). How has the ORFFA been going with an additional 2 squad players? I'm actually not that certain it would make too much difference, again given it's the lower teams being affected, they would normally opt for youth over job security. I'm used to squads of 26, but not against increased to 28 if others have strong opinions on it.

Quick note about the delistings and drafting, I think it's important to have a high number of delistings required to get squad turnover. I know I've personally had to make some tough cuts, a lot of my ex-ORFFL players are currently are other ORFFL clubs scoring very well - it gives the lower teams much more of a chance to move up the ladder in a timely manner. It also just makes a much more interesting draft, the PSD is always 100+ picks, and MSD tend to be around 30-40 players (although this is an optional delisting period). Can't make any proposals until the squad size is sorted, but ORFFL is the same as ORFFU posted above.

Finals - big advocate for picking your opposition. I have a 1-4 record in finals after finishing top 4 every season, it helps you build rivalries and is just good fun and banter picking opponents. From a logic perspective, given the ORFF* competitions are a lot more 'random' than the AFL, I've seen teams that finish 7th or 8th actually be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the competition on overall points which brings into question the 'fairness' of that. In any case, I'm all for it, and ORFFU should consider changing this!

As I think of more I'll post.

8. TheTassieHawk

insider wrote:
    thokash wrote:

Obviously everyone is keen, but my opinion/experience is it's really hard to get anything done before January. That goes for the draft, but more importantly finding coaches that are genuinely interested - I highly doubt too many are lurking around this time of year.

</div>
    I do my finest work lurking in the background! </div>
    insider - just checking whether this was simply a confession or a veiled expression of interest in the new comp ??

9. tyze1

tyze1 Well-Known Member

coaches,

just checking to confirm my interest, as a coach &amp;amp; board member in the ORFFU I'd like to take a back seat in the set up but happy to be a coach in getting the numbers up.

will have a look at the discussion and add any input I think is relevant!! I do like the ORFFF (Federation) as a name fwiw!

enjoy the trade period... cmon saints can't pay a bloke squillions and not offer up a 1st rounder.... lets get on with it.

10. TheTassieHawk

grav wrote:

Per P_L's comment:To be honest though, if we're struggling to get 14 coaches and most of hem are double-ups to make the numbers is there any point to starting this now?

It's a valid question and one probably not lost on most of us. I guess the alternative is that the 5-6 prospective 'new' coaches wait in the wings for a few years hoping that someone falls off the perch or perhaps take their business elsewhere.
    I'm of the view that if TTH is eager and committed enough to kick this off and a reasonable number of current and new coaches jump in fairly quickly then let it have legs.
    Surely it's got to be a benefit for the site and this keeper brand in general.
    Granted that this time of year is not the best for trying to recruit SC keeper coaches but time is on our side.

From what I have read, choppers and insider have thrown their hat in the ring and Mrs Bear is a possibility too (c'mon Nicky!).
    That gives us 16 by my count andpotentially2 - 3 months before we need to hold a draft. So let's be at it!

I hope that didn't sound too soapboxy... </div> Hey folks great to see the discussion getting going Adding to PL and Grav's comments regarding numbers with choppers, insider and Nicky (Mrs Bear) we do have 16 possibles, with (I think) only 2 or 3 of these yet to logon and comment in this blog. In terms of numbers of teams I expect the majority of us want to avoid having byes which means settling on an even number of teams whether that be 12,14,16 or 18 to commence the comp. Personally I would prefer a smaller number of teams (10-14) for several competitive (basically a greater chance of making prelims, Grand Finals and winning the comp if you are reasonably competent and have a good run with injuries) and list management (greater pool of undrafted players to choose from) reasons. A smaller comp should also provide a bit of variety for coaches doubling up from another ORFF comp. I also believe we want to provide a best fit with the CURRENT demand for teams and not wanting the league have more than 3 &amp;ldquo;doubled up&amp;rdquo; or &amp;ldquo;roped in&amp;rdquo; coaches unless they are committed long term (at least 2 years) given in every new ORFF comp so far there has been churn in the first and second years that could mean we are looking for half a dozen new coaches very early in the piece. I would add that to provide fixturing and finals format flexibility I would definitely want entries capped at 16 teams. I understand that others have indicated a preference above for 18 or at least 16 teams and would be keen to know why that is, ie what advantages does this provide ?? If you prefer less than 16 teams or don't care how many teams there are please feel free to provide similar feedback. If we are having trouble filling the desired number of franchises I would encourage all of you to gauge the interest of mates and relatives in real life who are dedicated and/or high calibre SC or other fantasy sport coaches who might be willing to have a crack. Of course we can also request for Walesy to send out an email to the TS community which I would hope should bring some interest if needed. I wish to propose that we all consider starting with a 12 or 14 team league for 2016, with either the option or intention to expand by 2 teams (ie from 12 to 14 teams or from 14 to 16 teams) after 1 or 2 seasons by way of an expansion draft IF we have coaches wishing to join up and no existing franchises available. For those of you unfamiliar with the concept of an expansion draft see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expansion_draft Cheers TTH

11. TheTassieHawk

anthak wrote:
    Mrs Bear wrote:

Hello gentlemen,
    Sorry for only just getting my account set up and posting something in here, I had to wait for the other half to give me a bit of time on his laptop so I could sort things out.
    After some convincing from the other half, along with a bit of explaining about how things operate, I am definitely keen to have a go at this new league (I like the idea of ORFFF, or triple F as it could become known as). Not very experienced in this type of format, but I have taken notice of Bear over the past few years with his involvement in the original ORFFL, and I do regularly rank higher than him in Supercoach (3 out of past 4 years I have ranked slightly higher than him).
    I look forward to being involved and hopefully kicking some gentlemanly butt over the next few years (I will take it easy on Gravenger because he was kind enough to buy us a couple of beers at the footy a few years ago, but look out everyone else, especially to you know who). </div>

Good to hear from you Mrs Bear :)
    </div>
    +1 to the welcome Mrs Bear/Nicky

also from reviewing the above we now have 3 nominations for the ORFFF (Federation) so perhaps we should go with this name unless there are any objections by this time next week (Friday 30th October) ??

As Mrs Bear pointed out the comp could be known as the Triple F, and perhaps the participants could be known as either 'Fers or Trippers (I prefer the latter)

I'll post regardingsome of the drafting and list management discussion on the weekend If I get time

12. TheTassieHawk

From the discussion above we seem to all be on the same page that we will be following the &amp;ldquo;classic&amp;rdquo; team structure for ORFF comps
    - 15 player teams (4def-4mid-4-fwd-1ruck-2IC)
    - no doubled up captains or vice captains score <p style='margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt 36pt;]- half points for OOP players &amp;ndash; IC players can be from any position emergencies don't seem to have been discussed but I am assuming each comp has 4 emergencies with one line (usually ruck or IC) not covered personally I would be OK with adding a 5th emergency to reduce the chance of a match being decided by a late withdrawal donut, assuming the current TS Leagues functionality would allow this Squad Size and PSD Delistments It appears that for most who have commented list sizes will be 26 or 28 and might depend on the number of teams we have while MSD would be optional. Forced PSD delistments seem to be supported (between 3 and 8) but I have noted some coaches are rather vague, it seems that coaches are generally supportive of higher PSD delistment numbers if squad sizes are greater than 26. Assuming for now that we have player list of between 26 and 30 (and no rookie list) and with 15player teams which are in reality squads of 19 including the 4 emergencies I would be comfortable with keeping PSD delistments to a number between 4 and X where X gives each team 19 keepers (or 20 if we go with a 5th emergency) maximum keepers 22 21 20 19 list size 26 4 must be delisted 5 must be delisted 6 must be delisted 7 must be delisted 27 5 must be delisted 6 must be delisted 7 must be delisted 8 must be delisted 28 6 must be delisted 7 must be delisted 8 must be delisted 9 must be delisted 29 7 must be delisted 8 must be delisted 9 must be delisted 10 must be delisted 30 8 must be delisted 9 must be delisted 10 must be delisted 11 must be delisted Depending on the number of teams we go with I would be happy with a single list or27-28 with 8 PSD delistments (assuming 16 or 18 teams) or 29-30 with 9 PSD delistments (assuming 14 or less teams). If youhave already commented above but were not specific about numbers of delistments depending on squad sizes (ie Len and Thokash) please have your say over the next few weeks. If you haven't already commented please share your opinions even otherwise others will assume you aren't really bothered and are OK with whatever has the mostsupport.

13. TheTassieHawk

Bear has mentioned above to a 4 player &amp;ldquo;rookie&amp;rdquo; list in addition to a 26 player main list. I am also keen on this type of concept or alternatively a restriction on the number of 1st year AFL players (or players with under 15 AFL games played) drafted each season - perhaps either 1 or none - so that clubs are in general drafting more seasoned players so that potentially we end up with more competitive games each week with less teams fielding multiple donuts due to having players on their ORFF list languishing in the real world state leagues that will never play an AFL game. Please advise whether you have a view on whether either of these ideas may add value to the new comp, or if you have any ideas of your own for providing a 'point of difference' between the new comp and existing ORFF comps

14. TheTassieHawk

hey all it looks like we need to start a either/or poll the option with the majority of votes by the closing date

ORFFF (Federation)
    vs
    ORFFC (Cword to be determined later)

unfortunately I have no idea of how do start a poll !!

if someone can set this up with a closing date of say the 18th of November (around 3 weeks) Iwill email the link to everyone's email addresses so we can get this matter sorted

15. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk wrote:

hey all it looks like we need to start a either/or poll the option with the majority of votes by the closing date

ORFFF (Federation)
    vs

if someone can set this up with a closing date of say the 18th of November (around 3 weeks) Iwill email the link to everyone's email addresses so we can get this matter sorted </div>
    emails have been sent to everyone I have email addresses for - please jump in and vote on the new comp name when you can people

http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tab...

16. TheTassieHawk

[span style='color: #1f497d;]Hey everyone

[span style='color: #1f497d;]I was wondering what people were thinking around how we do the inaugural draft

[span style='color: #1f497d;]The 3 existing ORFF comps all did the snake draft thing
    [span style='color: #1f497d;]&amp;middot; [span style='color: #1f497d;]Round 1 &amp;ndash; 1 to 18
    [span style='color: #1f497d;]&amp;middot; [span style='color: #1f497d;]Round 2 &amp;ndash; 18 to 1
    [span style='color: #1f497d;]&amp;middot; [span style='color: #1f497d;]Round 3,5,7,9 etc &amp;ndash; 1 to 18
    [span style='color: #1f497d;]&amp;middot; [span style='color: #1f497d;]Round 4,6,8,10 etc &amp;ndash; 18 to 1

[span style='color: #1f497d;]An alternative if some feel that Pick 1 + 36 is an &amp;ldquo;unfair&amp;rdquo; advantage over Pick 18 + 19 is a banzai draft - these vary greatly so for the sake of clarity here is an alternative:-
    [span style='color: #1f497d;]&amp;middot; [span style='color: #1f497d;]Round 1 &amp;ndash; 1 to 18
    [span style='color: #1f497d;]&amp;middot; [span style='color: #1f497d;]Round 2 &amp;amp; 3 &amp;ndash; 18 to 1
    [span style='color: #1f497d;]&amp;middot; [span style='color: #1f497d;]Round 4,6,8,10 etc &amp;ndash; 18 to 1
    [span style='color: #1f497d;]&amp;middot; [span style='color: #1f497d;]Round 5,7,9,11 etc &amp;ndash; 1 to 18

[span style='color: #1f497d;]------------------------

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/supe...
    <i>- Draft order (Snake, Linear, Banzai):</i><i>
    * Snake Draft - the order of selections is reversed each round
    * Linear Draft - the order of selections stays the same each round
    * Banzai Draft - the order of selections reverses in round 2, stays the same in round 3, and then continues as per the Snake Draft.</i>
    ------------------------

My opinion is that we have even lists (26, 28 or 30 players) with a snake draft or for something different we go for odd numbered lists (27 or 29 players) with a banzai draft which is my preference.

[span style='color: #1f497d;]Thoughts ??

[span style='color: #1f497d;]Note the 2016 MSD (Rounds 13-15) and all subsequent drafts would then in reverse ladder order as per the AFL.

17. TheTassieHawk

Len wrote:

bansai sounds interesting, but snake for me also.
    I don't think an even or odd number of players makes any difference at all, except to the number itself.
    So if we can't decide between 26 and 28 for example, I don't see why 27 is an invalid number just because it can't be evenly divided by 2. </div>
    you make a decent point Len although I notice myself that in general a lot of people have a bias against odd numbers

18. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk wrote:
    TheTassieHawk wrote:

ORFFF (Federation)
    vs

if someone can set this up with a closing date of say the 18th of November (around 3 weeks) Iwill email the link to everyone's email addresses so we can get this matter sorted </div>
    emails have been sent to everyone I have email addresses for - please jump in and vote on the new comp name when you can people

http://tooserious.net/forum/Forum/tab...
    </div>
    I have just votedwhich makes it 10 to 3 for the Federation - therefore I have updated the Forum Section and description - this can always be changed if we get a late flood of votes and it ends up being 11 votes to 10.

I couldn't work out how to change the name of this thread though so would be happy for anyone who knows how to make the change !!

19. TheTassieHawk

Thefundamental aspect of keeper leagues which differs from reality is that in effect every player is on a rolling half season contract to the next draft (whether PSD or MSD) and can be traded to another team without their consent or cut at the whim of their coach but none of this is player driven as players never &amp;ldquo;walk out&amp;rdquo; on a club or become Free Agents. My suggestion is that the Federation considers a different model whereby clubs face similar challenges and opportunities as real world sports franchises but without the admin required for a salary cap based league. The simplest measure I have thought of is that at the end of season Unrestricted Free Agency is granted to any player that changes AFL clubs via trade, Free Agency or the National Draft(s) <p style='margin: 0cm 0cm 10pt 36pt;]- for example Dayne Beams would have been declared an Unrestricted Free Agent in 2014 and Patrick Dangerfield, Adam Treloar and Harley Bennell would have been declared Unrestricted Free Agents in 2015. Obviously most of the players affected (40 or so in 2015) are more of the &amp;ldquo;list clogger&amp;rdquo; or &amp;ldquo;less fantasy relevant&amp;rdquo; variety If this was supported I would be happy for it to be applicable from the end of 2017 &amp;ndash; ie the second season of the new comp so that we allow the comp to settle in the first year. I would also be supportive of exceptions for any players traded with less than 1.5 seasons service to their current club. This would mean a team holding a Dangerfield-type player who is set to be out of contract with their AFL club at the completion of 2017 season (Season 2) could consider a trade pre-season in 2017 or midseason in either 2016 or 2017 in order to receive a return on their asset rather than lose them for free if they expect him to &amp;ldquo;walk out&amp;rdquo; at the end of the 2017 season, while the receiving team can't lose the player at the end of the 2017 season. No doubt some ORFF franchises will be hit harder than others but I believe that this would over time even out (unless a coach is drafting a heck of a lot of players from NSW and QLD AFL sides) and would provide teams at the bottom of the ladder greater scope for rapid improvement through access to mature A and B grade talent each season through the draft. Different models to the one suggested mightbe preferable, what do other coaches think??

20. thokash

The ORFFF it is! Long live the ORFFF!

In relation to TTH's suggestion on free agency, I personally don't see the need and/or benefit, and it has the potential to be 'unfun' for the unlucky ones.

Now to figure out my team name...