Rate My Team 2017

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

By Jason on Feb 26, 2017 at 8:53 PM
  1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

The TooSerious tradition that is Rate My Team (RMT) is back in 2017!

A quick refresher on the rules.

1. In order to get feedback on your own team, you must first provide feedback on the teams that have been recently posted. This is the golden rule and is what makes this whole thing work. :)
    2. If you just post your team without giving any feedback, your post will be deleted. :mad:
    3. Please refrain from commenting on teams that have been posted by others that have not followed the golden rule. :cool:
    4. Keep it civil. Constructive criticism is fine. But there is a line and please don't cross it. :eek:

Here's how my team looks as we approach the end of February:

Capture3.JPG

Find that value, search hard and follow your instincts!
    Or just tell me I'm dreaming and where I've gone wrong...

• Like Like x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Jason, Feb 26, 2017.

1. Jason
      Jason
      #inb4walesypostsmidpricedmadness
      • Like Like x 3
    2. TheTassieHawk
      TheTassieHawk
      @Jason, I had to take a 2nd look before I noticed a few picks I wasn't sure of. Freeman will surely struggle to string 5 games together before popping a hammy, Montagna I had heard had had a calf problem in the pre-season and I also wasn't sure if you are expecting Eddy to improve with further preseason matches or you just are hoping a better rookie comes along. With $66k in the bank you might be forced into shuffling your premiums if you need to replace some of the $123.9k rookies with more expensive options but no doubt you should be fine to do that.
    3. Jason
      Jason
      Thanks TTH.

It is still February though... ;)

There are almost always enough cheap rookies who get named for R1. That is the least of my concerns for now!
    4. jamieh
      jamieh
      Not a bad starting side. I don't think Miles or Feeman will see too many games (do you think or have seen something in them you like).. Higgins is a risky choice, can he stay on the park and be consistent. Don't mind Grundy in the ruck a bit different then some other early teams I've seen so far new rule should suit him and will hopefully see him consistently hitting 100+... so far looks solid ofcourse the rookies will be subject to change over the next month
    5. Len
      Len
      Totally different setup to mine, usually a good thing.

I think Higgins & Roughy on the same line is risky, if you're happy with the risk/reward calc great but Heeney and a rookie feels less implosive..
      You are missing Hampton down back, probably the must have def rookie and would have ahead of McGrath
      Other than that really hard to find fault, really solid team.
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Jason
      Jason
      I liked what I saw of Miles today. Depending on who I see next week, that could easily change of course.
      Freeman I haven't actually seen. But I've heard so much...
      Have been tossing up Touk Miller and Higgins over the past few days.
      Who are you looking at for your February team?
    7. Jason
      Jason
      What does your February setup look like?
    8. jamieh
      jamieh
      IMG_0764.PNG IMG_0765.PNG This is version 76 already, no matter what changes I make I am never completely happy, the joys of SuperCoach. Thoughts?
    9. Jason
      Jason
      First impression - lots to like.
      Your structure has more $$$ in the MIDs at the expense of your FWDs, although you have more than just loose change in hand.
      Haven't seen much of Ainsworth, what has he done to get the nod ahead of McCluggage in your thoughts?
    10. Len
      Len
      That's an awful lot of mid-pricers, statistically too many for them all to work.
      Deledio Hogan and Roughy feels more like an AFL fwd line than a SC one.
      Backline very solid, but maybe at the expense of the other lines?
    11. Len
      Len
      Like yours a bit "in build", but right now this is where I am at.

[​IMG]
      • Option 2 Option 2 x 1
    12. jamieh
      jamieh
      Only put Aimsworth in after seeing his hit out tonight got a bit of the ball and kicked a few goals looked solid but they are both around the same price and dual position, prior to tonight it was mcluage in that spot. I guess just because he got forward and snagged 2. In saying that I have only seen one game from each but for now Ainsworth gets the nod
    13. jamieh
      jamieh
      I don't think Hogan will be in my final team, I just think he can have an outstanding year and become a consistent 100+ premium although I biased as I love him as a player.. Hogan and Omera are where my main concerns are right now but no sure who to replace em with
      • Like Like x 1
    14. Len
      Len
      Lucky we still have 3 or 4 weeks of angst to figure that out :)
    15. pc1995
      pc1995
      I've right now jumped off the mid-price Midfield train, unlike everyone else haha. I just can't see one of them averaging 100 and be near a keeper. Even last year we all had to trade out Libba at some stage.

Jason - Love that Franklin pick though, he's going to have another huge season I reckon. Not sure about the midfield rookie depth this year to have a midfield like that one though.
      Here's my current version.

DEF: Rance, Laird, Vince, Hampton, Vickers-Willis, Stewart, (Smith, Long)
      MID: Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Hannebury, Selwood, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Pickett, Powell-Pepper (Wigg, Balic, Miles)
      RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (Cameron)
      FWD: Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Roughead, Florent, Black, Butler (Begley, Eddy)
      56K left over.
    16. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Jason - thought you would have a sleep-in this season after a premiership. Good to see you back.

Looking at your team, I would suggest you start again from scratch. There are far too many similarities to mine. Hopefully sanity (yours) will prevail before kick off.

Only an opinion, but think Joey is getting a bit jaded and would suggest Taylor Adams. Have been reading a lot of love for Jack Macrae - any solid grounds or Western Oval insight to your preferring Dal to him? [I have both - prem forwards are scarce]. Roughie and Swallow might be steals - yet to see the rust shaken.

I have a new policy this year (cackle, cackle). Have been too hurt in the past by premium mids taking their sweet time to hit their stride. Although NAB (or whatever it is called) is dangerous, have decided to follow form. Otherwise, you have a well thought out February side, as does Len (which is not hugely different).
      • Like Like x 1
    17. TerryinBangkok
      TerryinBangkok
      Almost daily changes and can't wait for the bible to arrive:

DEF: S. Docherty, H. Shaw, J. Johannisen, C. Marchbank, A. McGrath, C. Hampton, C. Cox, Z. Guthrie
      MID: T. Rockliff, M. Bontempelli, J. Steven, O. Wines, D. Prestia, W. Brodie, S. Powell-Pepper, H. Wigg, J. Pickett, M. Hibberd, C. Brown
      RUC: M. Gawn, B. Grundy, B. Preuss
      FWD: J. Kennedy, L. Dalhaus, J. Macrae, D. Rioli, H. McCluggage, B. Ainsworth, J. Begley, B. Eddy

$144,200 in the kitty.
    18. Penske file
      Penske file
      Not a bad line-up Jason rookies aside like everyone else, my only issues are Higgins (on my Never again) and Joey, soft tissue injuries at his age a bit of a worry
    19. Penske file
      Penske file
      Len, I think Ryan (Freo) might be our rolling loophole Ross won't even try any rookies either that or Zac Dawson has him locked in the toilet.