2022 ORFFW Round 4 Teams and Discussion

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by dmandrews, Jan 26, 2022.

1. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Glenbrook Galahs (1 win, 2 losses) vs Bathurst Belles (1-2)

@ver_redit_optatum ’s Glenbrook Galahs host @Len ’s Bathurst Belles in one of the two Round 4 ORFFW games between teams that have identical win-loss records. The winning team will be able to balance the ledger at 2 wins and 2 losses and remain within striking distance of the top four.

Galahs midfielder Brit Bonnici leads her club with 106 points per game and is equal fifth in the league best and fairest with 11 votes. The Belles have a forward trio that all average at least 55 points per game in Eloise Jones (67), Gemma Houghton (58) and Madeleine Guerin (55).

Katanning Krushers (3-0) vs Eastern Park Demons (1-2)

At home @FreoDockers' Katanning Krushers are short-priced favourites against @Lachlan Brown ’s Eastern Park Demons who are looking to continue their pattern of reversing the previous weeks result and get back on the winners list.

Midfielders Jaimee Lambert (89) and Hayley Miller (87) have been standouts for the Krushers, each polling eight votes in the league best and fairest. Forward line trio Gabby O’Sullivan (69), Bonnie Toogood (64) and Georgia Gee (55) are performing well for the Eastern Park Demons.

Legana Legends (0-3) vs Timboon Trailblazers (3-0)

The last placed Legana Legends host the top of the table Timboon Trailblazers. M1 Emily Bates is averaging 80 to be the Legends clear-cut best performed player so far in 2022.
    @Pearcey47 Legends ruck duo Paris Laurie (55) and Mim Strom (56) will look to wear down Trailblazers ruck Alison Downie (50).

@Peter W ’s Trailblazers have an abundance of fire-power including four players that are averaging 75+ in defender Tarni White (77), Kiara Bowers (121), Alicia Eva (84) and Erin Phillips (82). The Trailblazers are averaging a league leading 808 points per game, 68 points more than the Mystix who rank second in this category.

Manildra Mystix (2-1) vs Lake St Clair Devils (2-1)

@TheTassieHawk
    ’s Manildra Mystix won the first ORFFW premiership in 2019 followed by the Lake St Devils winning the 2020 title. Whilst the two teams have been successful the Mystix have dominated the head to head duels including winning the Grand Final in 2019 and semi final in 2021 against the Devils. The stakes are again high with the winner to consolidate a position in the top four and the losing team one game behind fourth with half the home and away season to play.

Amy McDonald leads the Mystix with 88 points per game and nine votes in the league best and fairest whilst Mon Conti leads the Devils in both categories with 85 and 11. Each side has a proven vote getter averaging 78 points per game at M2 – Madison Prespakis for the Mystix and Jasmine Garner for the Devils.

Scone Sirens (0-3) vs Pomona Wood Nymphs (2-1)

2021 ORFFW Premiers Scone Sirens have been unable to reach the same heights in 2022 but will have strong support from their home crowd against @anthak ’s Pomona Wood Nymphs who are aiming to maintain a positive win-loss ledger.

Both sides generate plenty of drive from defense with D1 to D3 for both the Sirens and Nymphs each averaging more than 48 points. The performance of the respective defensive lines, @Tracey ’s Sirens Natalie Grider (69), Katherine Smith (52) and Belinda Smith (50) against Nymphs Tilly Lucas-Rodd (74), Bianca Jakobsson (54) and Aileen Gilroy (49) will be critical to the outcome. A Round 3 best afield performance by Wood Nymphs M1 Ebony Marinoff increased her tally to 14 votes to be an equal leader in the league best and fairest.

Vivonne Bay Valkeries (3-0) vs Bangalow Bats (0-3)

After Round 3 the @That KI Guy ‘s Vivonne Bay Valkeries are one of three unbeaten teams. @Esther ’s Bangalow Bats are searching for the first win but have fared better in terms of points scored, ranking eighth in this category.

A highlight of the clash will be the battle between Valkeries M1 Tyla Hanks (87 ppg) and Bats M1 Ashleigh Riddell (102). Hanks and Riddell have each polled 14 votes in the league best and fairest to be joint leaders after Round 3.

Please note that AFLW Round 4 starts on an earlier day and time then usual with Collingwood hosting Fremantle in a game that starts on Thursday at 5.40 pm AEDT. This is followed by two Friday night games – GWS Giants vs Western Bulldogs at 5.10pm and St Kilda vs West Coast Eagles at 7.10pm. At this stage AFLW Round 4 is scheduled to be a full round with seven games.

Rd4 Topups list
    Legends (6) - A Ballard (ADE), C Jones (CAR), E West (MEL), J Ellenger (BRI), J Ferguson (NM), T Bohanna (GCS)
    Wood Nymphs (4) - L Stephenson (GWS), M Caris (MEL), S Webb (BRI), L Steane (GWS)
    Krushers (4) - Ellie Hampson (GC), Sarah D'Arcy (Rich), Daisy Walker (Carl), Jesse Wardlaw (Bris)
    Devils (3) - B Eddey (NM), C Bernardi (Richmond), R Miller (Richmond)
    Galahs (2) - Emily Pease and Ally Dallaway (both GWS)
    Timboon (2) - Brooke Brown (NM), Darcy Moloney (GEE)
    Bats (2) - I Tahau, J Dupuy

The other 5 ORFFW clubs have not yet required topups

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

A weekly reminder that we require all teams to delist your Round 3 topups as soon as possible in readiness for round 4.

Please delete them from the team FIRST ie deselect the red light so a green light is showing, then SAVE the updated lineup, then delete them from the squad SECOND (ie the place where you added them in the first place).

3. TheTassieHawk

• Like Like x 1
  4. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Sorry posted this in the other thread, but probably better here:

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheTassieHawk

For ORFFW Round 4 the deadline for our league for postponed matches is again 12pm Friday (Melb time) to allow for topups to be selected, from that point (ie from 12:01pm) on a first in best-dressed basis. If a match is postponed after 12pm Friday (i.e. snap postponement on a Sunday) then awarded (average) scores will come into play.

Topups are 1:1 for affected players at the time the request is placed, scoring at normal rates (no discounting). Players with Long Term Injuries (think Dakota Davidson, Grace Egan, etc if they were Free Agents) can be included in the topups, however those with declared season ending injuries or other season long unavailability (Davey, Huntington, Lutkins, Cordner, Collingwood, Brazill, Pregelj) cannot be included.

Awarded scores will be scaled at 75% of the yearly average to date. The mid season draft isn't too far away and it's an opportunity to re-assess your list and draft strategically for the remainder of the year so that hopefully awarded scores don't become a major factor.

You can only make 1 topup request per team per round - this becomes very important to get the timing right as if you pick your topups too early, ie from 1201pm onwards on the Friday and they aren't named in the Saturday or Sunday teams.... bad luck!!

As the Collingwood vs Fremantle game is played prior to the Round 4 topup window opening players from those 2 clubs are not eligible to be selected as topups this week.

The ORFFW round will be considered cancelled only if there are 4 or more postponements in a single round at the midday Friday deadline, as awarded scores will come into play if postponements are declared during the round.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Pearcey47

Pearcey47 Active Member

Top-ups for the Legends:
    A Ballard (ADE)
    C Jones (CAR)
    E West (MEL)
    J Ellenger (BRI)
    J Ferguson (NM)
    T Bohanna (GCS)

replacing:
    A Atkins (WCE)
    I Lewis (WCE)
    N Kelly (WCE)
    P Laurie (WCE)
    M Collier (WCE)
    E Friend (STK)

7. TheTassieHawk

@Pearcey47 - please note that the window opens tomorrow at 1201pm, so the above would need to be reposted again on or after that time to be considered

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTassieHawk

9. Pearcey47

Pearcey47 Active Member

Top-ups for the Legends:
    A Ballard (ADE)
    C Jones (CAR)
    E West (MEL)
    J Ellenger (BRI)
    J Ferguson (NM)
    T Bohanna (GCS)

replacing:
    A Atkins (WCE)
    I Lewis (WCE)
    N Kelly (WCE)
    P Laurie (WCE)
    M Collier (WCE)
    E Friend (STK)

• Like Like x 3
  10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Top-ups for the Wood Nymphs:

Louise Stephenson (GWS)
    Maggie Caris (MEL)
    Sharni Webb (BRI)
    Lisa Steane (GWS)

replacing:
    Tilly Lucas-Rodd (STK)
    Bianca Jakobsson (STK)
    Caitlin Grieser (STK)
    Charlotte Thomas (WCE)

• Like Like x 1
  11. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

The Katanning Krushers select the following topup players for round 4
    Ellie Hampson (GC)
    Sarah D'Arcy (Rich)
    Daisy Walker (Carl)
    Jesse Wardlaw (Bris)

To replace
    Dana Hooker, Rhi Watt, Hannah Priest & Rosie Dillon

• Like Like x 1
  12. ver_redit_optatum

ver_redit_optatum Well-Known Member

Ok I’m replacing Imahra Cameron and Tayla Breslehan (WCE) with Emily Pease and Ally Dallaway (GWS)

• Like Like x 2
  13. Pearcey47

Pearcey47 Active Member

Hampson is suspended this week.

14. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

Yeah, I know. My mistake and I live with it. Too much going on and not paying nearly enough attention to my own squad!!

15. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

Top-ups for Timboon:

Brooke Brown (NM)
    Darcy Moloney (GEE)

Replacing:

Tarni White (STK)
    Courtney Rowley (WCE)

• Like Like x 1
  16. TheTassieHawk

17. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The Belles, thus far
    upload_2022-1-28_19-50-35.png

18. ver_redit_optatum

Sooo I might have done the thing where I forgot to actually edit my team, after logging in to post in the thread from a distant Tasmanian bay with a beautiful seal to watch and climbs to send.... The intended Galahs team was:

DEF: Eleanor Brown, Annie Lee, Shelly Heath (Emily Pease)
    MID: Ellie Blackburn, Britt Bonnici, Rachelle Martin, Jess Hosking (Ally Dallaway)
    FWD: Orla O'Dwyer, Cora Staunton, Rachel Kearns
    RUCK: Aine Tighe
    IC: Zimmorlei Farquharson, Chloe Scheer

The difference to the squad I have in the system is it has Bresland as the DE (WCE postponed), Tiah Toth in midfield (not named) thus Martin in ME and no Dallaway in ME. And I have Dalton (HSP) in IC instead of Scheer. We'll see if it makes a difference I guess, Scheer's hardly been scoring lately and Lee and Hosking may be named.

19. ver_redit_optatum

(Why can't Zim go in the forwards? Because it would disturb my all-Irish forward & ruck setup :D)

• Like Like x 3
  20. Esther

Esther Member

top ups for Banagalow

Short term contracts given to:
    Indy Tahau BRI
    Jacqueline Dupuy GCS

Filling in for:
    Grace Kelly WC
    Molly McDonald STK

• Like Like x 1