2022 TS Womens All Stars Matches

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by TheTassieHawk, Feb 19, 2022.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

For our 2019 ORRFW draft season we held a State of Origin All Stars match on Grand Final weekend and did the same in 2021, unfortunately we missed the opportunity to do an All Stars match in 2020 due to the cancellation of Rounds 7 and 8 of the 2020 AFL season.

We intend to bring the concept back again for Round 10 of season 2022

It will be great to see 26 of the highest averaging AFLW players of 2022 clash for the bragging rights to being the best of the best.

The Victorian and Allies sides will be named standard ORFFW 13 + 5 format.

In addition to the seniors match we will again hold a curtain raiser match with The Allies Reserves taking on the cream of the ORFFW's Victorian emerging under 23 talent (as at 1 January). This will take place with the same coaching panels as the seniors All Stars match and will exclude players selected for senior State Of Origin duties.

I will compile some extended squads for Victoria and the Allies and each of the 2 coaching groups can have their say in trimming those down in the fortnight leading up to the match.

From the 2021 thread and some guesses with our new coaches it appears the splits are

Vic - @dmandrews, @anthak @Len and @Peter W

Allies - TTH, @That KI Guy @FreoDockers @ver_redit_optatum @Tracey @hoschke118 @Chloe @Pearcey47 @Esther @Lachlan Brown @CamCamMan88

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

• Like Like x 1
  2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Can we check whether the Vic/Allies allocations are optimal? What should it be based on?

I was born in Vic, but live in Qld now(as of a couple of months ago). My ORFFW team is based in Qld.

I notice there are heaps of coaches involved in the Allies, and only 4 with the Vic team. Perhaps we can check from everyone about their allegiances and balance them out a bit?

3. Pearcey47

Pearcey47 Active Member

VIC/TAS vs the rest might balance it a bit?

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Coach-wise that would add 3, probably should check with @CamCamMan88 if he has any views either way

Personnel wise, the Vics are a hard side to break into, other than Mia King would any of the Tassies be any chance to crack a Senior or Under 23’s Vic side ??

Not sure beating “Vic-Tas” has quite the same feeling for the Allies, even if Tassie fails to provide a rep.

• Like Like x 1
  5. anthak

Regardless of players in the squads, I think would be good to balance out the TS coach allocations.

also, @Esther was born in Melbourne, so she can pick for the VIC/TAS too.
    That would make it 8 for VIC/Tas, and 7 for the rest.
    But from memory, @Len wasn’t fond of identifying as VIC last time, so may want to switch?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Nah happy to hang around mate, just like thengs balanced, OCD like that :)

7. anthak

I guess this fell by the wayside?