2022 ORFFW pre-season discussion (committee nominations open)

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by That KI Guy, Jul 7, 2022.

?

Please vote on the number of keepers and PSD draftees per 22 player squad for season 2022B

Poll closed Jul 29, 2022.
  1. I prefer to have 13 keepers and 9 draftees

30.0%
  2. I prefer to have 14 keepers and 8 draftees

70.0%
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@anthak @FreoDockers @TerryinBangkok @dmandrews @Len @Tracey @Lachlan Brown @Peter W @ver_redit_optatum @Schmitty

With the ORFFW PSD done and dusted and round 1 fast approaching now is the time to start to look ahead a little.

As such I wanted to express that the governance of the FW has pretty much been an informal thing until now, and while less than democratic at times it has always been performed with the intent of seeking and taking advice and building a stable comp in a time of rapid change. I have decided that whatever overseeing role I have been filling is now near to completion as I look to transition out. The FW has a strong base of experience from which to draw a 2022B season committee of at least 3 people, one of which will need to be the head honcho with support from others where needed.

Ideally by this time next week those interested will have self nominated either for Commish or for the broader committee and they can make decisions or consult with the whole league as needed. I personally think a healthy committee balance would span a mix of those who are TS vets with those who have joined more recently as this taps into a broader range of perspectives.

There are a number of longer term issues the committee will need to consider, but also more immediate ones like determining how many maximum delists to allow at the MSD and to work out a time and date (following AFLW round 5) and preferred technology for the MSD given the recent curveballs for the PSD.

To be very clear I am not stepping away from the league and will simply be taking more time to enjoy following my own team and players, and banter with our terrfiic bunch of fellow coaches.

My intended offseason commitments would in future be limited to continuing to producing a rolling ORFFW fixture based on advice from the committee about the home and away and finals splits each year and supporting @FreoDockers with the (not insubstantial) work undertaken to deliver the TS AFL Women's Leagues and Stats pages while minimising the load on @walesy in that space.

• Like Like x 4
  2. ver_redit_optatum

ver_redit_optatum Well-Known Member

*crickets* haha.

I consider myself still rather a beginner in this fantasy business so I'm not sure I would add anything to a committee. However, if you need help on the stats and pages side of things I could potentially be useful? Not sure what is involved but professionally I work with a lot of data, and have excel, python, R, webscraping kind of skills.

• Like Like x 4
  3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I’m happy to be one of the three people on the committee.

Thanks for all your work getting the league up and running, TTH!

• Like Like x 3
  4. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yeah if no one else puts a hand up then sure I’ll jump on a committee.
    Was hoping some fresh faces might throw a hat in here, so I’ll be a last resort.

• Like Like x 3
  5. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

I'm more than happy to jump in, been a great couple of years learning off TTH, especially in the pre-work, positions and upkeep of databases, so I hope I can add some value to the new committee.

• Like Like x 3
  6. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

• Like Like x 4
  7. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  8. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

I second this motion.

• Like Like x 2
  9. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

Thanks guys, looks like we will be leading the FW this year. Look forward to leaning heavily on you all for assistance along the way!

• Like Like x 4