2022b Premier League Rd1

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by FreoDockers, Aug 21, 2022.

1. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

Round 1 is nearly upon us - with squads to be finalised on Tuesday night at the draft, coaches are chomping at the bit to get cracking on season 7.

A huge welcome to our new coaches @Jono Steven @Athos123 and @WillH_VI and a welcome back to @Peter W, @Chloe @TheTassieHawk @hoschke118 @FreoDockers

The offseason has seen a few teams change location and nicknames which will no doubt add to the excitement of the season ahead.

Round 1

Majorca Islanders @TheTassieHawk vs Lima Llamas @hoschke118
    With LV changing coaches, then making a late dash to a new home base in Spain, they hope to get season 7 off to a great start hosting at home with their awesome midfield of Anne Hatchard, Ally Anderson and Ellie Blackburn. The Llamas had been planning to take the 6,695km trip north to the bright lights of Vegas, but will be pivoting Amazing Race style to get to the correct match location in time for the opening bounce. They be trying to gain early away win and will be hoping Emma Swanson, Emily Bates & Jasmine Garner lead from the front.

Stuttgart Storm @Jono Steven vs Korean Kickers @Chloe
    Stuttgart have appointed a new coach after their premiership win in season 6 and they will unfurl the flag in front of their adoring fans before the game. So while the is pressure on a new coach they have a more than capable squad headed by Alyce Parker, Ash Riddell & Kirsty Lamb. They come up against the Korean Kickers, who after finalising their side on Tuesday will be straight on the plane for a 8,783km trip. They will continue to lean heavily on Gabby O'Sullivan, Breanna Moody and "Turbo" Bowers.

Kyoto Kruisers @FreoDockers vs Vancouver Vultures @Athos123
    The Kruisers were very disappointing last year (well I thought so anyway) and will want to get on the board early, off the back of their superstars Maddy Prespakis, Amy McDonald and Hannah Priest. New coach Athos is looking for a quick start to season 7 and with a 7,871km flight will be hoping Hayley Miller, Emma Kearney and Erin Phillips hit the ground running.

Darmstadt Dynamos @WillH_VI vs Lagos Royals @Peter W
    The final game of round 1 sees the newcomers Darmstadt be rewarded with an opening home game. The Dynamos have relocated from Canberra and should be well lead by Mon Conti, Gabby Seymour and Ruby Schleicher. Lagos faces the smallest trip this weekend (4,858km) and with regular high scorers Ebony Marinoff & Lily Mithen are also welcoming back Georgia Patrikios to the midfield.

Team entry is accessed via http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagueTeam.php
    ---- Remember to clear your team before selecting your first team of the season!

Team selection from other teams can be viewed at http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagueMatchday.php?leagueId=22&round=1

Good luck everyone and enjoy the season ahead

• Like Like x 4
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Based on this advice the Premier League round 1 lockout will be the start of the Bombers vs Hawks game on Saturday night and Round 2 will be the start of the Sunday morning game.

• Like Like x 3
  3. TheTassieHawk

Many thanks to @FreoDockers for his intro to Round 1

With the season fast approaching I would all coaches to nominate a preferred week this season where they can post a Premier League round thread on either Tuesday or Wednesday listing the 4 weekly matchups per http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=22
    -- absolutely no pressure to do so this season if your time commitments do not allow
    -- no intro burb required but you can do so if you wish
    -- post your preferred week (first in best dressed as they say)

Round 1 25/8 to 28/8. @FreoDockers
    Round 2 2/9 to 4/9 TTH
    Round 3 9/9 to 11/9 @hoschke118
    Round 4 16/9 to 18/9 - @WillH_VI (German and Canada/Peru American derbies featuring)

Round 5 22/9 to 25/9. @Jono Steven
    Round 6 30/9 to 2/10 @Chloe
    Round 7 7/10 to 9/10. @athos123 (to be confirmed)
    Round 8 14/10 to 16/10. @Peter W (return matches from round 3 in the final round of the regular season)

I will do a week that is not taken and hopefully later on in the season we will also get volunteers for finals
    Rd9/PF 21/10 to 23/10
    Rd10/GF 28/10 to 30/10

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jono Steven

Jono Steven Active Member

Great write up @FreoDockers !

I might jump in and nominate for round 5

• Like Like x 1
  5. TheTassieHawk

Following a long and exhaustive tender and business planning process Las Vegas Legends LLC proudly announces a relocation from North America to the EU and will henceforth compete as the Majorca Islanders in the GWFFPL competition.

The bustling city of half a million also boasts high performance, sporting and leisure facilities for visiting players and fans which are second to none, which are designed to soften the blow as the Islanders defeat the visiting teams.

Club stalwart Steph Chiocci has expressed her anticipation at being able to run all day up and down the Christopher Skase wing, where Aussie Corporates with dubious financial management abilities located in state of the art VIP seating can spend their years in exile (and hidden millions) enjoying a birds eye view of the locals competing in the world’s leading fantasy football competition.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTassieHawk

The Islanders selection committee have named the side to take on the Llamas @hoschke118 in the opening round of the season.

Please note that this team is subject to change

Def = Jakobsen, Ahrens, Trudgeon (Garnett)
    Mid = Blackburn, Hatchard, Hooker, Anderson (Newton)
    Fwd = Bohanna, Harris, D Pearce (Fitzsimon)
    Ruck = Good (McGrath)
    IC = Morrison, Chiocci (Lewis)

2nds - Brazill, Goodwin, R Martin, N Stevens
    Injured/HSP - nil

Best of luck @hoschke118 and the Llamas and thanks to @FreoDockers for the writeup

• Like Like x 1
  7. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

The Korean Kickers are hoping to get back on top after stumbling hard in the last season, hopefully that 16 hour long trip will have them well rested!

DEF: S. Allan, B. Smith, G. Pound (M. McDonald)
    MID: K. Bowers, K. Paxman, M. Bowen, G. O'Sullivan (M. Kauffman)
    FWD: C. Wakefield, K. Brennan, E. Roberts (R. Roux)
    RUCK: B. Moody (S. Wales)
    INT: A. Runnells, K. Ashmore (C. Baskaran)

Happy AFLW eve and good luck everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  8. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

The Kruisers are locked(ish) and loaded (subject to any final changes prior to lockout) and ready for their battle against the Vultures @Athos123

Def: Hannah Priest, Lauren Butler, Sarah Lampard (Charlie Thomas)
    Mid: Jenna Bruton, Amy McDonald, Mimi Hill, Maddy Prespakis (Jasmine Fleming)
    Ruck: Celine Moody (Tamara Luke)
    Fwd: Kate Shierlaw, Kate Surman, Tarni Brown (Mikayla Western)
    IC: Alison Drennan, Jess Fitzgerald (Dana East)

Unavailable: Bri Davey, Ebony Antonio

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTassieHawk

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheTassieHawk

11. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

I can probably do one mid-late October.

• Like Like x 2
  12. TheTassieHawk

Thanks - I have pencilled it in as Round 8, and it can slide back later into finals if you are neck deep in the AFL draft guide work.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

So I always knew I had a strong midfield with Patrikios coming back in, but like this is actually ridiculous the players who miss out on selection... nonetheless a very difficult selection.

Lagos Royals:

DEF:
    Jess Duffin, Nat Grider, Jordyn Allen (Phoebe Monahan)
    MID: Ebony Marinoff, Georgia Patrikios, Lily Mithen, Tyla Hanks (Charlie Rowbottom)
    RUC: Emma King (Caitlin Gould)
    FWD: Aishling Sheridan, Darcy Vescio, Cora Staunton (Sabreena Duffy)
    INT: Mon Ham, Ellie McKenzie (Cat Phillips)

Others: Orla O'Dwyer, Ellie Hampson, Hannah Ewings (+ Sarah Hartwig)

• Like Like x 2
  14. hoschke118

hoschke118 Active Member

My midfield feels very bloated as well. But it'll be interesting to see how my forward and backlines settle over the season.

DEF: Daisy Walker, Eleanor Brown, Naomi Ferres (Angela Foley)
    MID: Alicia Eva, Emma Swanson, Jasmine Garner, Emily Bates (Olivia Purcell)
    RUC: Tahlia Hickie (Mim Strom)
    FOR: Gemma Houghton, Kalinda Howarth, Erika O'Shea (Lauren Szigeti)
    INT: Tarni White, Jamie Stanton (Sophie Conway)

Good Luck everyone!

• Like Like x 2
  15. TheTassieHawk

Round 1 results saw a clean sweep by the home sides, with new coaches @Jono Steven and @WillH_VI winning their debut matches in charge of the German sides Stuttgart and Darmstadt respectively. Kyoto and Majorca also recorded victories.

Match scores showing individual player score breakdowns can be viewed at http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagueMatchday.php?leagueId=22&round=1

As noted above we are seeking volunteers for round thread duties for Round 2, 3 and 7 @Athos123 @hoschke118 and ideally round 2 would be up tonight or tomorrow prior to Round 2 teams starting to drop.

Cheers
    TTH

• Like Like x 2
  16. WillH_VI

WillH_VI Active Member

Hey everyone - unfortunately given the site issues I wasn’t able to put in my supplemental pick for Round 1 when Fleur Davies was put on the inactive list. I was planning on dropping her for Olivia Fuller as a like for like (and as a Cats fan!), so as long as people are okay with me doing this after the fact, I will be making that swap.

Well played everyone for Round 1! I’ll also volunteer for round 4

17. TheTassieHawk

Inactive players can be replaced prior to any round, ie if anyone owns Lily Postlethwaite or Kellie Gibson then she can be replaced prior to Round 2 or prior to any subsequent round, so the supp draft isn't technically needed to replace Davies.

• Like Like x 1
  18. WillH_VI

WillH_VI Active Member

Excellent, thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  19. WillH_VI

WillH_VI Active Member

I've realised the German Derby is Round 4, so rather than round 7 I might volunteer for Round 4.

• Like Like x 2