2024 Premier League Re-Draft Banter Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by TheTassieHawk, Aug 17, 2024.

1. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

Really went in wanting to get a rock solid top-scoring forwardline as I know how much it drops away. Hence why I risked the early picks on Toogood and Hore, and now with Molloy that's a pretty good starting trio. Will cop a hit through the midfield compared to other sides, but will have less stress up forward at least!

• Like Like x 2
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Plenty of time on Night 2 to add the poo and wee colours to the Storm roster

3. TheTassieHawk

When @Chloe selected Jaimee Lambert it was the first St Kilda player selection, by which time 16 of the 17 other clubs had had mutiple players selected including NM with 5 and Freo, Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney and Brisbane with 4 each.

Freo’s first player was Strom at 25 and Collingwood’s was Schleicher at 28 showing the Saints top end wasn’t very highly rated.

The longest gap between selections for a club was 52 between Kate Hore at 13 and Zanker at 65 for Melbourne.

West Coast hasnt had a player selected since pick 33, so will equal the Melbourne drought with another 5 picks on night 2 and St Kilda with another 9 picks.

Across the 80 night 1 picks 6 clubs ended up at 3 selections and 4 clubs ended up at 6 selections.

• Like Like x 1
  4. TheTassieHawk

@hoschke118 to re-start the draft on Thursday 22nd August with pick 81 by no later than 905pm, can everyone please log in by 5 to 9, the clock will start at 9pm sharp for whoever is up in the order at that time

Draft related advice – Night 2
    A 5 minute pick limit applies, based on Night 1 pace we should be aiming to get it completed in 2hrs to 2hrs 15 minutes or so

If our tech fails early on due to heavy site traffic I would like to shift to twitter, otherwise if we make it to pick 130 or so and it fails we can complete the remaining picks with a 6 hour pick limit (excluding midnight to 6am) from the point that the site fixes itself.

Good luck !!

• Like Like x 1
  5. WillH_VI

WillH_VI Active Member

Hi all, it is probably a bit late to organise for tonight, but for the longer night 3 would there be scope to start earlier, either 8 or 8:30PM AEST? I understand this may be a bit more of a stretch for those of you over in WA, but avoiding a 11:30PM finish on an evening before work would be preferable. Let us know what works, good luck for night 2 tonight!

6. TheTassieHawk

This main issue with Sunday night is the 2 coaches who will be at the men’s game until 845pm Melbourne time. If they and others are fine with it I have no objections.

We can look at the fallback option of switching night 3 to Tuesday night with an 830pm start or running a portion of the draft (possibly rounds 15 and 16) as a slow draft in between nights 2 and 3 and sticking to the current schedule.

7. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

So it's @Chloe and myself who will be watching Freo hopefully make the 8 Sunday night!!

I've not problems with the draft starting early as we wouldn't get home in time anyway (our decision to go to the footy!!) We will do our best to keep up but may need the occasional prod to keep the draft moving, or use someone as a proxy for the odd pick or two. If Chloe has any issues I'm sure she will voice her opinion here tonight.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

I have no issues starting early! Plus we're quite close together in the draft so we should be able to let each other know when we're up next :))

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheTassieHawk

I'll adjust Sunday's start time to 7.30pm approx HT of the Freo vs PA mens game, if anyone needs we can push back to 8pm so post below if 730pm is an issue.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Corza

Corza Member

I picked Katie Brennan the other night

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheTassieHawk

Brennan was selected at pick 53, @Peter W please re-pick

12. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

It's got Bresnehan there?

13. Jono Steven

Jono Steven Active Member

I think the list at the top shows the wrong player at #53, which may have caused the issue here.

Bresnehan was taken later in the draft by me at pick #72

• Like Like x 2
  14. Jono Steven

Jono Steven Active Member

not to be pedantic, but which Bella Smith?

Bella R. Smith (Syd)
    Bella K. Smith (Gee)

• Like Like x 1
  15. TheTassieHawk

Jordan Allen went at pick 90 !

• Like Like x 3
  16. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

Haha didn't realise there were two - the Bella Smith the DEF!

17. hoschke118

hoschke118 Active Member

I read that pick as Belinda Smith lol

18. Chloe

Chloe Active Member

omg it was Belinda Smith I don't know why I thought it was Bella. Like i was so sure ;o; sorry everyone

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheTassieHawk

Just a reminder to all coaches that per the rules in the opening post of the draft thread only 2 Rucks can be retained as keepers within the 17 keepers retained, surely Wardlaw is a Forward next season though

note rucks #3 and/or #4 if drafted may be traded next season if another team wants to offer a player in return

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheTassieHawk

Once everyone takes their final pick for tonight can they please tidy up team lists in TSleagues sonwe have an up to date free agent list for review prior to night 3

And see you at 730pm Sunday !

cheers

• Like Like x 2