This or That?

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Mar 29, 2015.

By anthak on Mar 29, 2015 at 11:00 AM
  1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<p style='background-color: #ffffff;]
    With less than a week to go before the first game, we've all got some final decisions to make.
    <div>

<div>If you're tossing up between two options and you need some help, post your dilemma in this here thread to seek some feedback from the TS community.
    <div>

<div>Over the weekend, I posed the question of Goldstein & Cockatoo or Lobbe & Cripps, and its currently all tied up at 4 thumbs each. Then HotPiesColdDrinks posed a similar type question too. Both of these were in the Rate My Team thread, which is really meant to be about rating teams :)
    Hence my decision to get this thread happening, so there is a spot for these questions and a spot for rating teams....

...So, is there something you're weighing up that you could ask the TS community for assistance with?

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by anthak, Mar 29, 2015.

1. jp
      jp
      long term I'd want all 3 of those in the team. I'm starting with jimmy and Lids
    2. RPritch
      RPritch
      Like Lachie Neale, or you could go down to Wells if you want
    3. chewbacca
      chewbacca
      TU: G Ablett, R Griffen, H Shaw
      TD: D Beams, R Slone, K Simpson
    4. stripey
      stripey
      This may not be the appropriate forum however does anyone think Connor Blakely is likely to get a regular gig, sounds like he should be a good scorer if he gets the opportunity? Anyone got an opinion or is he just an unknown WA player?

TU: if CB is picked for round one, jump on
      TD: you're just a crazy muther
    5. Jason
      Jason
      He will be a good player. Ross Lyon doesn't have a history of giving rookies a clear run early in their careers. If he starts, you'd have to expect vests which would mean slow burn for SC.
    6. stripey
      stripey
      he got 30 touches on the weekend for Peel Thunder which got me thinking, slow burners dont worry me... you need all your cows mooing at the same time!!
    7. anthak
      anthak
      I'm confused about this result. Are Cripps and Cockatoo really so important? We're talking GAJ and Gray that will come in. Cheaper mids I'm looking at with them are Vandenberg and Blakely. Still decent options IMO.
      Anyone got any feedback for me?
    8. Jason
      Jason
      You bundled so many players together that it would be hard to settle on a single reason for the voting.

Some would have voted for No Ablett.
      Some would have voted for Cripps ahead of any other rookies.

If you want to know a specific X v Y, post a question that isn't so complicated perhaps.
    9. Mad_Mattigan
      Mad_Mattigan
      Byrne now upgraded, but not picked for rd 1.
    10. anthak
      anthak
      Yeah, good points, but it's the bundle that makes it. Difficult to judge some 1on1s in isolation, unless they are same price.
      I set up the next poll of Lids v Gray to get some context for this vote. So many ppl are voting Gray over Lids, so what that says is that GAJ over Selwood is nowhere near as big an advantage as Cripps &amp; Cockatoo is over cheaper options.

This may be right, but I'm kinda loathe to leave GAJ out now.

11. Sojaldo
      Sojaldo
      TU: Selwood (M3), Kennedy (M4), Vandenberg (M8) gray forward, no ruck cover
      TD: Dangerfield (M4), Swallow (M5), Bellchambers (F4)
      Gray mid, ruck cover

12. Grizzles
      Grizzles
      Dangerfield up
      Franklin down
    13. traviso
      traviso
      Wells up or Hallahan down
    14. traviso
      traviso
      Minson Up or NicNat Down
    15. JPK
      JPK
      Neither.
      Go a cheaper rookie and either keep the cash for future upgrades, or make some of your keepers better quality to begin with.
    16. tastyjax
      tastyjax
      Need help with the below.

TU: Newnes, Griffen, Goldstein
      TD: Higgins, Selwood, Naitanui
    17. thokash
      thokash
      TU: Lamb
      TU: Lonie

I think I like Lonie slightly more, but Lamb plays first therefore we won't know if Lonie will be sub if we pass on Lamb. Doubtful Lamb will be sub with his role in the team.
    18. anthak
      anthak
      im of same opinion as you. Lonie > Lamb, but timing of games, may mean going with Lamb.