2019 AFL Round 9: Reviews & Discussions

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 19, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on May 19, 2019 at 9:00 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

Friday nights game finished and many wished they’d VC’ed Gawn and missed his 144.

B0DB5368-80CF-485B-A14D-03AD1EFA9A55.jpeg

Then Grundy saved most of us. Then came the run of high scores where Neil, Sloan and Macrae did what we come to rely on and the expectation of some potentially high scores.

Well that’s until Sunday slide started (excluding those who had Whitfield, Taranto and Kelly’s 450pts).

Like a game of snakes and ladders, SuperCoach has a way of dragging you back down with your mates pissing off.

F9EF5B6D-179F-4F0D-AD5D-9FA05E019104.jpeg
    But all is not lost! We always have trades to burn and look for redemption next week.

• How did you go?
    • How did your trades turn out?
    • Whats your big move this week?
    • Who booted Heeney?
    • Which Rookies Impressed?
    Note: Byes Thread Is Already Up and Running

Last edited: May 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 19, 2019.

1. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      I take your point about on-field donuts during byes (like it). At the moment, Sweet in the Rucks is my only deliberate floating donut, all others playing (when coaches don't pull a swift one). Used Drew as my loop last week.

My thoughts on trading Constable this week (earlier than I hoped) because he's on the chopping block most weeks and don't want the uncertainty come byes time and ruin my plans. And improves balance come byes.
      Last edited: May 21, 2019
    2. Penske file
      Penske file
      Looks as if Williams will miss more than 1 week, is he worth holding? I had considered him a keeper, Danger also iffy, yet again having to reconsider planned moves. Please can we ever have 1 straight forward no injury challenged round. Cheer me up Pugwash have you another Cliff to show me.
    3. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Not knowing your team or structures: I wouldn't trade Williams, he's averaging 90+ and wont drop in price this week. Better to trade up from a Drew or Baker type player and increase on field points via Heeney ($453K), Houli ($473K), Danger ($471K - can you believe this price) or better.

Always Penske !

Having a troubling round 9, I naturally thought I need to seek help from a higher power and show me the pathway forward. Well, despite travelling 3+ hours from Hamilton to Melbourne, you can only imagine my surprise when I arrived to read the following:

slide_5684_76992_large.jpg

I did not see that coming !
      Last edited: May 22, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Coaches with Sam Collins (GS) will need to trade him out - 6 week with leg injury.
    5. Senator96
      Senator96
      That final Sunday game did a lot of damage. Not only did Carlton allow Whitfield to do what he pleased and score a 170, spoiling my plans of getting him cheap next week but Williams did a hamstring Cripps got completely tagged out of the game and due to Matt crouch injury I had to play gibbons on the field. Got stocker too as I needed to offload Ross and setterfield was no good either at least he was on the bench!
    6. Penske file
      Penske file
      Thank you Pugwash I knew you could do it. My defence at the moment is Hurn, Williams Smith, Hore, Duursma, Scrimshaw, Burgess, Answerth, not exactly earth shattering, this week I planned bring in Lloyd I just don't seem to be making any headway.
    7. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Not sure if I need to thumbs up or down. That was some unfortunate events there!
    8. Cpt Pugwash