2019 AFL Rnd 10: Teams, Discussions & Trades

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 23, 2019.

By Cpt Pugwash on May 23, 2019 at 1:13 PM
  1. Cpt Pugwash

Cpt Pugwash Active Member

Round 10 is your last round (IMO) to prepare for the Byes.

Your either trading to make sure you have enough on-field cover or your looking to build a war chest to spend during the byes. Problem I see, and I'm completely Jack-of-it this year (pun completely intended), is still the availability of decent rookies on the bubble or rookies with poor job security (or both) - get these wrong and your byes will be disastrous. (Byes Thread - Click Here)

I have put together are few familiar rookies which most would have or at least a few to discuss your thoughts around what to do with them this week (Trade / Hold) and why. If there are others your jack-of then post and get some input from all.

upload_2019-5-23_12-53-28.png

Some Early News:
    Question: Do you think the Mid Season rookies will play?
    Teams Have Dropped - Over to you !

Last edited: May 23, 2019
    • Like Like x 5

Comments

Discussion in 'Blog' started by Cpt Pugwash, May 23, 2019.

1. stripey
      stripey
      It would be hard to imagine a mid-season rookie playing unless it's a Key Position like a ruck. if a player hasnt had the opportunity to train with a club all season it would be unlikely they could learn the coaches or teammates game/playing style.. Stack and Gibbons completed large parts of the preseasons with the Tigers and Blues didnt they?
      • Like Like x 2
    2. Nick
      Nick
      Carnage!
      Danger
      MCrouch
      D Moore x2
      Williams

Need clarity on these injuries somehow. You’d rather a hamstring that is a clear 3 weeks rather than a niggling hip that is listed as test for 3 weeks. Maddening!
      • Like Like x 5
    3. dabombers
      dabombers
      I have a feeling this round is the beginning of the Ahhhhhhhs!!!!
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      To All The Coaches!!!

72F59ED0-8295-452B-9BB6-A312961A7025.jpeg

I’m holding until Teams are locked in tomorrow.
      Last edited: May 23, 2019
      • Like Like x 2
    5. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Probably add any of the following to that list:
      • Parker
      • Setterfield
      • Stocker
      And don’t be surprised when Constable is a late in.
    6. Vernon Vincent
      Vernon Vincent
      any thoughts on Jonathan Marsh or Rupert Wills job security?
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Marsh better than Wills.

Hard to stay in the Pies side, despite Wills talent.
      • Like Like x 1
    8. stripey
      stripey
      Hmm it’s fair to say team selections did my team no favours.. my daughters TG on the other hand is smooth sailing!

The byes are looking super tough this year with key injuries and rookies with no job security
    9. IPOD
      IPOD
      Carnage Danger and Constable (again wtf chris scott your fast becoming ross lyon in disguise) D.Moore (haw) and potential of Setterfield, Stocker and Parker. So Backline is all good mids have cover in Gibbons. No cover in the fwd line kind of hope Parker doesnt make it as i want to boot him for Robbie young who looked good last week vs pies. Along with Constable/Libba - Fyfe. If i go to Fyfe to Libba ill have to play Gibbons, if i go Constable - Fyfe Gibbons stays on bench. Thoughts
    10. Owen
      Owen
      I traded out Moore last week for Dunkley, with him missing this week as well I'm happy with that. Although I have MCrouch, Williams, Danger, Drew, L Young, etc. I may just miss getting a zero.
    11. Penske file
      Penske file
      Hang on a sec have the byes started early ? Holding Williams, MCrouch, Danger seemed OK suddenly cover players are snatched from our grasp. There is a simple solution I'm sure, still looking and hoping some of those on extended bench won't end up as spectators as well.
      • Like Like x 2
    12. DanJS
      DanJS
      upload_2019-5-24_10-33-0.png

Having some issues this week. Williams, MCrouch, and Dangerfield out this week, Ross, Hayes, and Constable (so far) not named, and three-to-five playing rookies almost guaranteed to lose money this week. No good rookies on the bubble and only $2k so I can't even trade sideways. Got at least one donut at this point.

Probably best to plug the holes and not worry about losing cash. Maybe Constable or Ross down and Crouch to Fyfe or something like that.

My main problems are: is it better to move guys like Parker on before they lose too much or focus on having 22 scoring players?
      Is Crouch worth holding on to? Ditto Williams.
      Who do I trade down to? I'm considering Robbie Young, Darcy Fort, Baker, and Hately.
    13. DanJS
      DanJS
      Can you go Gibbons to Fyfe? Otherwise I'd go Constable myself and keep Gibbons on the bench.
    14. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Wills out, Adams in next week imo. Not sure about Marsh.
      • Like Like x 1
    15. Waldo666
      Waldo666
      Who would you ditch first?

:thumbsu: Duursma
      :thumbsd: Scrimshaw
      • Dislike Dislike x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    16. IPOD
      IPOD
      I can go gibbons to fyfe is to go Constable - Young via T.Kelly DPP. Or Gibbons - Fyfe and Constable - Hately Keep Libba and Parker then saints have bye next week, then week after bring Young for Parker
    17. IPOD
      IPOD
      So this is how it stands
      Option 1 - (If Hately is named) Gibbons - Hately & Constable - Fyfe - 58k left over
      Option 2 - (If Hately not named) Gibbons to Fyfe & Constable - Young - via Kelly DPP - leaves 89k
      Option 3 - Parker - Young & Constable - Fyfe - 70k left
      Option 4 - any other suggestions
      This has some ifs and buts with final selections etc
      • Option 3 Option 3 x 3
    18. choppers
      choppers
      Saints play Port in China Sunday of next week....Round 11.
      • Like Like x 1
    19. Cpt Pugwash
      Cpt Pugwash
      Is Duursma any use for a DPP with another player during the byes? If so, keep him and ditch Skim.