2022 AFLW Fantasy and She Plays discussions

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by TheTassieHawk, Feb 3, 2020.

1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

https://sheplays.com.au/aflw/leaderboard

Mystix has a superb week and are now in 1st, @anthak remains in 3rd.

I will need to take a good look at this weeks trades, there are still a lot of good value players I want to get in and 3 rounds is a much better sample size than 1 or 2.

• Like Like x 2
  2. marconofrio

marconofrio Active Member

I wish I gave this one more than like 10 minutes of effort haha, my team is... not great

• Like Like x 1
  3. ver_redit_optatum

ver_redit_optatum Well-Known Member

Welp, the Other Galahs somewhat shit the bed vs expectations and have slipped to 20th. The coaches will be having a serious think this week!

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheTassieHawk

The Mystix are trading out Hardiman and Bowen and trading in Perera and Conway, with $5k now in the bank.

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

The Belles on the other hand are flat broke and busted.
    Trading in Foley, and out someone I've already forgotten

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I’ve traded out Sam Virgo and Lauren Butler, for Sarah Allen and Ash Riddel and I’ve also now got $5k in the bank.

• Like Like x 1
  7. TheTassieHawk

Riddell is a must have at $25k, and Allen was my 2nd choice to bring in this week and will most likely come in next week so I can watch her play live at North Hobart oval in Round 5 along with a decent North Melbourne contingent in my side.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheTassieHawk

20 points behind #1 Green Beans with 3 rounds to play

Out for Round 6 are A McCarthy and Dowrick - In are Monahan and Huntington

spRD6.png

• Like Like x 3
  9. TheTassieHawk

#1 Green Beans held on for a 17 point 1 in this year's comp

Unfortunately it was the week that I traded out Aisling McCarthy that she exploded for a 232, but I am super chuffed to be on the podium

She Plays are running a finals comp

ShePlaysAFLW Finals Series
    Our finals series is now live! If you've already created a team, you're all set to go.You can now make unlimited transfers each round! You can also select as many players from each team as you'd like. Make sure you join the mini-leage AFLW.

If you're new to ShePlays, start selecting your team below! You have $600,000 to spend on 21 players. Once you have selected a team that fits within the budget and position requirements, a green 'Save Team' button will appear. Make sure you save your team before the deadline!. (This is 11.40am on Saturday morning)

• Like Like x 2
  10. ver_redit_optatum

Ooh thanks heaps I probably wouldn’t have checked their website.

Congrats on the #1!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. TheTassieHawk

And my ShePlays spready with round 1 to 6 scores and averages for several players is attached

watch out for the small sample size for sarah perkins and tait mackrill who are both 15k

good luck all

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. anthak

Same here mate. Stoked to finish 3rd overall. It was a fun season while it lasted!

13. TheTassieHawk

@Pearcey47 @Peter W @anthak @Len @Tracey @That KI Guy @ver_redit_optatum @marconofrio @Tiny_doughnut @dmandrews @FreoDockers @Nic Neg @HOLKY @stripey @Bandit @walesy @teddy2 @hoschke118

ShePlays | Fantasy Football Competition

Several of us enjoyed the ShePlays comp last year. While there is no money involved it is quick, easy and as a growing competition hopefully a good opportunity to get a decent fantasy comp outcome in a new and fresh format

I am not playing this comp in 2021, after finishing 2nd last year I want to quit while I am (almost) on top. I used a data driven approach and think this is good way to narrow down the options and apply some methodology to selecting a starting team.

I am keen to support those of you playing and can provide a player by player scoring analysis for AFL Fantasy points for 2018, 2019 and 2020 using dumps from Too Serious and other sources.

What I will then need is someone to use She Plays to populate 2021 ShePlays positions and Prices into a spreadsheet by 11am on Wednesday morning (at the latest) so that we can publish a ShePlays analyser on Wednesday night (at the latest).

Any volunteers for the 1-2 hours of data gathering required to help us to achieve a strong edge for the first Australian Football Fantasy Comp season 2021 ?? Speaking from experience your extremely high 2021 ShePlays ranking that results will be reward enough.

• Like Like x 2
  14. anthak

I don’t even know if they’ll be going again in 21 season. Their website isn’t updated yet. I sent them a tweet yesterday but haven’t had a response yet.

You finished one spot ahead of me last year @TheTassieHawk and I was hoping we could do it again this year. Sorry to hear you won’t be playing. If they even get the comp going again!

15. TheTassieHawk

They tweeted though another account (She Plays Fantasy League) and if you check my tweets you will see I have tagged you and others.

The link I provided above should get you though to the site to create an initial starting side - feel free to do so and to post screenshots here - and myself and others can critique it Rate My team style.

I hope to be back in 2022, aiming to conquer the entire ShePlays universe.

• Like Like x 1
  16. ver_redit_optatum

I have some web scraping ability, I'll see what I can do...

• Like Like x 2
  17. ver_redit_optatum

Lol wasted so much time trying to learn to scrape dynamic javascript tables, and then did it by hand in about half an hour.

I have so much actual work to do this week.

:D

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  18. TheTassieHawk

Some initial thoughts

2 * Jade Van Dyk’s with the Carlton one being $25k cheaper than the St Kilda one. I will let She Plays know and hopefully the Carlton one can be purged from the system.

Marinoffs tribunal case will make her a ??

A number of $30-$45k options stand out and I reckon getting 13 players between $30 and $60k at about $560k total and the 3 other onfield players as $15k or $20k rookies with $15k rookies making up the bench would be my initial $700k investment leaving $5-$15k in the bank for round 2 trades.

I would be targeting players who had an interrupted 2020 (both Pearce’s, Phillips, Lachland, Woosha etc) or missed the season entirely (C Randall and Duffin) as well as those who had a poor season and MIGHT bounce back (Dal Pos??).

In addition Ashmore was concussed early against GWS and might therefore be $5-$10k cheaper than her expected average.

Assuming the Carlton va Collingwood game is a partial lockout it is important not to over commit dollars or lock in too many rookie spots in that game so either Cann or Elise O’Dea as midpriced mid options and Tarni Brown as a $15k onfield rookie (M5) would be the most likely trio ahead of unearthing other targets via more detailed analysis. I would only lock in 1 maximum from Lambert, Prespakis, Bonnicci and Davey and would leave all 4 out unless one is viewed as an absolute bargain at their price or Thursday is confirmed as a full lockout.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TheTassieHawk

• Like Like x 1
  20. Tiny_doughnut

Tiny_doughnut Member

You guys are the best thing since hot jam doughnuts! <3

League code is: mrk9gz