2021 PSD Discussion, Banter et-al

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by Len, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Please keep all chat out of the draft thread so that tags have meaning.
    This is the pick order for all rounds:
    1 1 Len Bathurst Belles
    1 2 Tracey Scone Sirens
    1 3 Tiny_Doughnut Sandgate Sugar Gliders
    1 4 Pearcey47 Legana Legends
    1 5 TheTassieHawk Manildra Mystix
    1 6 That KI Guy Vivonne Bay Valkeries
    1 7 ver_redit_optamum Glenbrook Galahs
    1 8 anthak Pomona Nymphs
    1 9 marconofrio Georgia Geeniusses
    1 10 Peter W Timboon Trailblazers
    1 11 FreoDockers Katanning Krushers
    1 12 dmandrews Lake St Clair Devils
    This is the place for all draft posts that DO NOT contain a live pick.

Live link is:

tyvm

Beer is in the fridge out back, stick your $5 league "donation" in the little tin with my name on it :p

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Len

@Tracey will take her pick in the morning :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

For those of you on twitter who want to pm or tag others to help speed up the draft this is the list I know of

@Tiny_doughnut
    @Pearcey47
    @ant_hak
    @marconofrio
    @pawil5 = Peter W
    @JosephineRoper4 = VRO
    @lostlarrikin = That KI Guy
    @Travis1244 = FD
    @MOrffw = myself

Team owners and their TS names are listed here http://tooserious.net/forum/tsLeagues.php?leagueId=21

I would also suggest that everyone also exchanges mobile numbers with the person they are picking before and after in the draft if they haven't already

for privacy reasons best this is done via twitter or Too Serious pm's, @Len and I have a few of these if you need assistance and haven't been able to obtain one direct

Cheers

4. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

Having issues seeing the Excel sheets (not giving me access) but I've got the player positions one (which is lucky because a couple of players I was going to pick were inactive ones haha). I'll select now.

5. Len

The main draft sheet should load when you open the draft thread, it appears in the OP.

I;ll send you a copy of the list sheet, but it will obviously not update with picks taken..

• Like Like x 1
  6. TheTassieHawk

@Tiny_doughnut is up, please be patient as I through miscommunication on my behalf TD expected the draft to be starting on Friday so may take a while or call in a proxy for Round 1.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
    • Like Like x 3
  7. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

Yep not working for me either, didn’t actually know draft order.
    Someone bump me when I’m up pls

8. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Seeing some of the names getting drafted after my pick, I wish I’d done more than 5 minutes research for my first pick. I feel I’ve made a big mistake.

I just wanted to keep the draft going, but I was pressed for time and hadn’t done any prior research.

I didn’t even check who had been dropped by other teams....

• Like Like x 1
  9. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

I was quietly fist pumping thinking Duffin had made it through to #10, then it was heartbreak when I saw her name :(

• Like Like x 1
  10. TheTassieHawk

I expect 60-70% of the delisted players to be re-drafted. With Duffin and Randall in this years pool there is certainly some great draftee talent and a choice to be made whether to draft the best possible team now or load up with youngsters.

Hartwig will be a star no doubt and could pick up Huntington’s role when Issy plays forward which could be quite often.

• Like Like x 2
  11. TheTassieHawk

No doubt there will be plenty of those early in the draft and more than a few later when the players are really sliding far but not quite far enough.

• Like Like x 2
  12. anthak

Yeah Jess Duffin is one of the main ones who I was referring to. Jess Duffin has been probably my most favourite player in the AFLW for years, since she was a Cameron at Collingwood lol, Collingwood being my AFLW team. She plays so hard.

13. ver_redit_optatum

ver_redit_optatum Well-Known Member

Lol sounds like my entire draft this year probably. You're in company!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Len

Nope, unfortunately that requires people to be adding the players they select as they go, and whilst the majority do, there are always some who miss..

15. Len

I knew I'd gone one too far, was just crossing fingers

• Like Like x 2
  16. anthak

I believe she is available. I nearly picked her at 69. Virgo is a former Nymph

• Like Like x 1
  17. TheTassieHawk

After 6 rounds of the draft there have been 35 delisted players who have found a fresh home, 17 new AFLW players drafted, 12 delisted players re-drafted to their 2020 teams and lastly 9 players drafted who were on the 2020 Free Agent list including ex Nymph Virgo and ex Galah Dargan who were both cut ahead of the 2020 Midseason draft.

The Devils have had 8 of their delistees re-drafted (with 7 of these by other clubs) and they have responded by drafting 2 players from fellow top 4 side the GEEniuses. Likewise the Krushers have brought in Jordan Ivey and Steph Cain from the Devils as they look to bolster their squad thus building on the natural rivalry amongst these outfits.

• Like Like x 4
  18. TheTassieHawk

@Peter W @Pearcey47 @Tiny_doughnut @Len @Tracey
    @ver_redit_optatum @marconofrio @That KI Guy @dmandrews @FreoDockers @anthak

As at 600 pm on Sunday night we are awaiting pick 80 to be made. We therefore have another 42 picks to be made and a diminishing timeframe to make them.

Please note that if 8th round of our current draft is not commenced with pick 86 being posted by 10am Monday 25th January
    (in 16 hours from now) and/or the 9th round is not commenced with pick 98 being posted by 10pm the same night (28 hours from now) then Rounds 9 and 10 will be COMBINED as back to back picks per the regular draft order starting with the Belles (picks 98 and 99) and concluding with the Devils (picks 120 and 121).

Should both of these Monday 10am and 10pm targets be met the draft will continue as per the specified order in the draft spreadsheet however a modified/reduced time limit of a maximum of 3 hours will apply between the hours of 7am and 11pm to commence from Tuesday 26th January at 7am until the completion of the draft. Please note this is in around 37 hours time.

From that point any Round 9 and 10 picks not taken within the 3 hours time limit will be "skipped" until the coach takes that pick retrospectively whenever they are next on the forum. Any "skipped" picks not caught up within one hour of the completion of the draft will be autopicked.

Autopicks will be determined by the descending order of the ORFFW Keeper League Free Agent list sorted by 2020 season average which excluding inactive players has a current top 4 of Dempsey, Goodsir, Mackrill and Forth as at Sunday evening.

http://tooserious.net/forum/stats.p...gueTeamId=FA&tsLeagueId=21&sort=ave&desc=desc

Please like this post to signify it has been read and understood and feel free to comment or query anything that is unclear or severely stupid

• Like Like x 6
  19. Len

Exactly whom I'd lined up for this pick, BRB :poop:

• Like Like x 1
  20. TheTassieHawk

At this stage of the draft it would very funny to see 3 GWS players picked before each of @Len picks -- as he had been ultra strong compared to normal in avoiding GWS players prior to the Tarni Evans pick -- who by the way I thought would have gone earlier given the number of GWS fans we have in our comp.

• Like Like x 1