2022 ORFFW Midseason draft poll

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by TheTassieHawk, Jan 19, 2022.

?

Which is your preferred model/week for the 2022 ORFFW Midseason Draft

Poll closed Jan 21, 2022.
  1. A draft night to be held post Round 4 (Feb 1, 2 or 3)

60.0%
  2. A draft night to be held post Round 5 (Feb 8, 9 or 10)

30.0%
  3. A regular midseason draft with 2-3 hour pick time limit commencing Feb 8th (am)

10.0%
  1. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

@anthak @Len @Pearcey47 @ver_redit_optatum @Tracey @Peter W @Lachlan Brown @That KI Guy @dmandrews @Esther @FreoDockers

Hi Fellow FW coaches,

As you may or may not know Too Serious runs 2 AFLW based keeper leagues and 2022 saw the other comp hold a pre-season draft night for the first time.

As a result of discussion behind the scenes a few of us in both comps would like to trial a 2022 ORFFW midseason draft in order to see how it runs in a rapid pick format of 1-2 hours and look at the option of rolling a similar model out for the first 4/5 rounds in the 2022/23 pre-season in order to take pressure off coaches participating in a 7-10 day draft per our current ORFFW PSD model, as some have indicated it would be preferable to be ready for their pick, keep track of picks and answer reminder texts while at work or busy elsewhere etc etc.

At the same time we would like to know which week may suit coaches the best for the 2022 MSD if we do go with a draft night and the 2 options we think are best are between rounds 4 and 5 or between rounds 5 and 6.

This poll will close on Friday night. Please have your vote and if a majority wish to hold a draft night we will be in touch to coordinate a date and starting time that works best for as many coaches as possible.

After you have voted could you please also like this thread so that we know who to chase up in the event of a close poll result.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Esther

Esther Member

voted

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pearcey47

Pearcey47 Active Member

Just curious why you would hold a mid-season draft after 4/10 rounds rather than 5/10 rounds?

4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

It depends, 4/8 for 8 teams who don’t make finals is mid-season and therefore after 28/59 games I guess, I had scheduled it for the following week initially and it remains my personal preference, hence the way I voted.

• Like Like x 1