2022 ORFFW Round 6 - Derby time

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by ver_redit_optatum, Feb 9, 2022.

1. ver_redit_optatum

ver_redit_optatum Well-Known Member

Well it looks like we'll be getting a full round this week: https://www.womens.afl/news/84358/r6-fixture-update-blues-pies-head-west-under-strict-conditions but as usual wait till Friday 12pm for postponements and potential topups.

Round 5 turned into a riveting round of ORFFW football. The Lake St Clair Devils showed us how it's done with their leap into 4th place, despite strong opposition from Pomona. I think LSC's 882 is the highest score of 2022 so far, and LSC also hold the all-time ORFFW scoring record somewhere above 900.

Never let me call something a forgone conclusion: Timboon looked lost without Kiara Bowers and lost a huge upset to the Eastern Park Demons, who put on their strongest game of the season by almost 100 points.

The Belles appear to have resorted to dark magic, rolling a 666 but still going down to the unphased Mystix.

The Krushers hammered out yet another win - who will bring them down? This week the Galahs will try...
    On to the fixture.

TTH's original fixture says there is a Q-Clash in here but I'm not sure which one it is

Manildra Mystix 2nd vs Timboon Trailblazers 3rd
    We'll be expecting hourly updates from this one as these keen coaches battle it out. With Bowers out for another week, Timboon need to call on some midfield depth if they're to claw their way back above Manildra.

Eastern Park Demons 7th vs Bathurst Belles 9th

EPD will be riding a high from last week's upset and look to add their third win for the season, but this game is anyone's to win.

Katanning Krushers 1st vs Glenbrook Galahs 10th

We're better than this, I swear. Come on girls. I promise not to forget to enter the team this week.

Legana Legends 12th vs Lake St Clair Devils 4th - TASSIE DERBY
    A wise man (TTH) once told me to pick players playing in Tasmania for high scores. So, this should be a thriller as the Devils trot just a little east to the lovely town of Legana.

Pomona Wood Nymphs 6th vs Bangalow Bats 8th (was set to be a state derby before Sandgate relocated South of the QLD-NSW border)

Pomona will be hoping they didn't leave it all on the park against the Devils for nothing and can get another high score this week. The Bats' exciting lineup will make it a close one.

Scone Sirens 11th vs Vivonne Bay Valkeries 5th

Viv probably need a win and a hefty FOR boost to get back into the top 4 from here, while the Sirens must lift to get away from spoon positions.

• Like Like x 4
  2. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

For ORFFW Round 6 the deadline for our league for postponed matches is again 12pm Friday (Melb time) to allow for topups to be selected, from that point (ie from 12:01pm) on a first in best-dressed basis. If a match is postponed after 12pm Friday (i.e. snap postponement on a Sunday) then awarded (average) scores will come into play.

Topups are 1:1 for affected players at the time the request is placed, scoring at normal rates (no discounting). Players with Long Term Injuries can be included in the topups calculation, however those with declared season ending injuries or unavailability (Davey, Huntington, Lutkins, Cordner, Collingwood, Brazill, Pregelj) cannot be included.

Awarded scores will be scaled at 75% of the yearly average to date.

Teams can only make 1 topup request per team per round - this becomes very important to get the timing right as if you pick your topups too early, ie from 1201pm onwards on the Friday and they aren't named in the Saturday or Sunday teams.... bad luck!!

The ORFFW round will be considered cancelled only if there are 4 or more postponements in a single round at the midday Friday deadline, as awarded scores will come into play if postponements are declared during the round.

• Like Like x 1
  3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Great OP, review and preview!

• Like Like x 4
  4. TheTassieHawk

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

• Like Like x 2
  6. ver_redit_optatum

Thanks, I try and dredge some thoughts up

• Like Like x 2
  7. TheTassieHawk

8. ver_redit_optatum

The Galahs lineup subject to Sunday teams is:
    DEF: Eleanor Brown, Sarah Verrier, Shelley Heath (Annie Lee)
    MID: Britt Bonnici, Ellie Blackburn, Jess Hosking, Rachelle Martin (Isabella Eddey)
    FWD: Orla O'Dwyer, Cora Staunton, Zimmorlei Farquharson (Rachel Kearns)
    IC: Ally Dallaway, Chloe Dalton (Chloe Scheer)

We forgot to mention that Verrier, Eddey and Xenos made their debut for the club last week, while Dallaway debuts this week after postponement last week.

• Like Like x 2
  9. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

And the Krushers team to take on the abovementioned Galahs (subject to Sunday as well)

Def: Hannah Priest, Kerryn Harrington, Sinead Goldrick (Sarah Hartwig)
    Mid: Hayley Miller, Dana Hooker, Jaimee Lambert, Sarah Hosking (Meagan Kiely)
    Fwd: Katie Brennan, Katie Loyne, Kat(i)e Darby (Alice O'Loughlin)
    Ruck: Lauren Bella (Rhi Watt)
    I/C: Tarni Brown, Airlie Runnalls (Paige Trudgeon)

Looking forward to being at the footy in WA this weekend... Heading to Freo v Blues on Saturday and then Eagles v Pies on Sunday.

• Like Like x 2
  10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I missed lockout by I think about 1 second!
    Is it possible to put Kate Surman onfield in my forward line, please!

@Len @FreoDockers @TheTassieHawk

11. TheTassieHawk

@Len is the only one with access to do it, noting I would be supportive given you advised so quickly however if len doesn’t change it the team stands as is

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Len

This has been done, as TTH said the timing of the post is such that there is no issue making the late change.

• Like Like x 2
  13. TheTassieHawk

14. ver_redit_optatum

Well at half time the Krushers are 9 for 511, an average of 56.8. Miller has pulled in 108 and Brennan 74. While the Galahs are 8 for 358, average 44.8. We do have some big scorers yet to play in Bonnici, Blackburn and O'Dwyer, but we will really need the wind in our laps to pull this one off. Think I used to have a policy of not picking Staunton when GWS are playing a good team but I forgot about it, while Scheer's 58 is sitting on the bench and she can't even fill in for Zimmie... dumb.
    We did win the Hosking sub-plot though, with Jess scoring 56 to Sarah's 46. Yay.

• Like Like x 3
  15. TheTassieHawk

The Mystix selection committee have made just the single changes to their Round 5 team as they play hosts to Timboon @Peter W

Haneen Zreika returns from a leave of absence replacing Elizabeth Georgostathis

Note this team is subject to change.

Def = Emonson, Pritchard, Keryk (Plane)
    Mid = Drennan, M Prespakis, A McDonald, Gavalas (Yorston)
    Fwd = Hore, E Antonio, Zreika (Georgostathis)
    Ruck = Seymour (O'Driscoll)
    IC = Cain, Cutting (O'Dea)

2nds - Woosha, Ferguson
    Injured/HSP - C Randall, Ashmore

postponed game topups - nil (subject to change)

16. TheTassieHawk

Mid way through the 3rd quarter the hometown Mystix 11/710 have raced ahead of a Timboon side 5/260 @Peter W with multiple players in hand.

Leah Cutting will be up against the quartet to White, Monahan, Koenan and Molloy in the early 2 games while Leah Cutting faces another quarter of Philips, SLT, Edmonds and Cranston as the visitors look to race home with a considerable late numerical advantage in what promises to be a tight battle.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Len

I can't find the time lately to keep track of scores, but the Demons and Belles face off looks like this.
    upload_2022-2-13_14-25-48.png

• Like Like x 3
  18. ver_redit_optatum

Well the good news is if I had got the best team on the park, we would have scored only 765 and still lost to the Krushers by 3 points, almost as tight as the Crows and Bulldogs! In actual fact we had 708. Pleased with our final MSD pickup Dallaway's 67, despite the Giants' woeful game.

• Like Like x 4
  19. Len

Woeful is a good word for it, I considered changing my shirt before headng to the shops after the game :p

• Like Like x 3
  20. TheTassieHawk

Week 6 of the ORFFW saw Katanning @FreoDockers clinch the first finals spot for 2022 with a hardfought win over the Galahs.

Manildra thumped Timboon in a clash of the 2nd rand 3rd ranked teams to move to 5-1 and an almost certain hold on the next available finals spot.

LSC @dmandrews managed a strong victory over bottom side Legana in the Tassie derby, eliminating their near neighbours from finals contention for 2022, and now rank 3rd ahead of the final fortnight of games. In the other derby match of sorts, the Household Derby bragging rights sit with Bangalow @Esther who managed a tight 20 point win over Pomona, to put a rather large dent in the Queensland side’s finals ambitions.

Elswewhere Eastern Park @Lachlan Brown defeated Bathurst in a nailbiter while Vivonne Bay @That KI Guy edged out Scone to record an all important road victory.

The 2021 wooden spooners fill the final position in the current top 4 on W/L record ahead of a chasing pack of 3 teams (Timboon, Bangalow and Eastern Park) boasting 3-3 W/L records. Scone’s dream of back to back titles is unfulfilled as they now are unable to make the 2022 playoffs.

With a frantic fortnight of home and way action remaining, 8 pointers galore promise to shape the ladder and determine both the finals qualifiers and the lower ladder positions set to draft the cream of the 2022/23 ORFFW draft crop in around eight months time.

• Like Like x 4