2022 ORFFW pre-season discussion (committee nominations open)

Discussion in 'ORFFW' started by That KI Guy, Jul 7, 2022.

?

Please vote on the number of keepers and PSD draftees per 22 player squad for season 2022B

Poll closed Jul 29, 2022.
  1. I prefer to have 13 keepers and 9 draftees

30.0%
  2. I prefer to have 14 keepers and 8 draftees

70.0%
  1. That KI Guy

That KI Guy Moderator Staff Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. That KI Guy

Valks are in

• Like Like x 2
  3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

In

• Like Like x 2
  4. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

The Mystix will be back in

• Like Like x 1
  5. Peter W

Peter W Well-Known Member

I’ll be back again!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Lachlan Brown

Lachlan Brown Member

I’ll be back

• Like Like x 2
  7. Pearcey47

Pearcey47 Active Member

I’m out of both leagues unfortunately. Too much on my plate.

Thanks for a great past couple of years and good luck to everyone for the future.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Belles are back, noone is scared..

• Like Like x 2
  9. ver_redit_optatum

ver_redit_optatum Well-Known Member

I'll be back :) stoked to get another season of procrastination in for the year

• Like Like x 3
  10. FreoDockers

FreoDockers Administrator

The Krushers will return! Looking forward to another year of banter and bulldust haha

• Like Like x 1
  11. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

I'll be back coaching the Lake St Clair Devils.

• Like Like x 3
  12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

I never left :cool:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Tracey

Tracey Well-Known Member

I am in

• Like Like x 3
  14. TheTassieHawk

With 11 coaches confirmed as above and the major work for updating the playing list systems in TS well underway thanks to @FreoDockers and @walesy we can commence discussion of the plan for the 2022 August - October ORFFW season.

Previously the ORFFW have held PSD's as a rolling week-long* draft (as long as it took to draft 252/108/120 players) following practice matches or as was the case with last season, in the period prior to Christmas.

Based on discussions we had prior to the 2022 (February) MSD the preference of a majority of ORFFW coaches was to move towards a draft night format for both the PSD and MSD, both for coaches and draft admins benefit.

Assuming that preseason games are held on the weekend of the 13th and 14th August, and that the upcoming seasons positions are available no later than Sunday August 7 we should all be able to delist by 9am (Melb time) Monday August 15.

A proposed model is to split the PSD so that 5 rounds (60 selections) are made during a draft night to be held on Tuesday August 16 or Wednesday August 17 at night (approx 8pm-1030pm Melb time), with the following selections to provide list depth to be held via the regular rolling draft model commencing at 9am the next morning after the PSD draft night (ie August 17 or 18).

Dependant on list size and keeper/delist number and other rules and governance based decisions, which will be workshopped in late July, this might mean another 2, 3 or 4 rounds of selections can be held at a leisurely pace to ensure completion of the PSD by 6pm (Melb time) Monday August 22.

We would like the following 5 coaches to work out in the next 5-6 days (ie by July 19 or 20, or ealrier, either by a group pm or via this thread) which night is preferred by them as a draft night (August 16/17) on either a concensus or majority basis - Galahs, Demons, Belles, Sirens and Blazers - so over to you @ver_redit_optatum @Lachlan Brown @Len @Tracey and @Peter W

The coaches with squads who finished in the top half last season (and the new coaches) will not be involved in the decision on which night is favoured but will be involved in scheduling the start time, and supporting technical/technological platform/s once the preferred night is determined approximately 4 weeks in advance.

A similar exercise will hopefully be undertaken once the season commences to schedule the MSD (36 selections maximum, depending on aforementioned rule decisions) on one of the Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday nights in the week September 26-28.

Cheers
    TTH

• Like Like x 3
  15. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Either night is fIne for @Tracey and mself, no preference.
    Would prefer an 8.30 or 9.00 start

Last edited: Jul 15, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  16. ver_redit_optatum

I can't do the 16th August for draft night. 17th is fine, any start time is good.

• Like Like x 2
  17. TheTassieHawk

Based on the above discussion we can lock in August 17th for the draft, time tbc.

With that in mind can one or more of the existing ORFFW coaches please nominate below to co-ordinate a real world and/or online search for a new coach of the Legana Legends so that we can fil the vacancy. FreoDockers and myself are busy behind the scenes so would appreciate that task being handled well in in advance of the delist and draft period.

Our next ORFFW discussion will be around squad changes, which has 2 parts.
    - A - a proposed change from 21 player squad size prior to the MSD and 22 players thereafter to squads having 22 players for the whole season due to position changes for the upcoming season (and beyond) significantly reducing the amount of dpp assigned to players (practically this change also has the flow-on impact of making the MSD drat night optional)
    - B - a further increase to the keeper numbers which were 11 in 2021 and 12 in 2022 January season (practically if squad size increases by 1 as per part A then keeper should increase by 1 or we need to draft more players which is not ideal)

Assuming we get at least 5 likes for this post showing support in favour of part A, then we can open a poll to confirm for Part B whether a majority want 13 keepers and 9 draftees (which has my vote) or 14 keepers and 8 draftees. The decision will be made by Friday 29 July. Regardless of this result there will be further discussion in-season and before the MSD about keeper numbers and other structural changes for 2023 and beyond.

• Like Like x 6
  18. ver_redit_optatum

Does this mean no MSD? Or option to delist before MSD, or to cover inactive players?

• Like Like x 2
  19. TheTassieHawk

The MSD will be cut 0/1/2/3 ===> draft 0/1/2/3 and as you point out any players moved to inactive prior to the MSD open an additional spot.

• Like Like x 2
  20. That KI Guy

I’ll start the search for a Legana coach.

• Like Like x 2