2012/2013

Discussion in 'NFL' started by jimbowan, Jun 1, 2012.

1. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

I know its sort of early but OTA's have started :) Just would like to put down my interest in joining the NFL TS community this year.

Also any desire to run a keeper style league like ORFFL/ORFFA? That would be awesome.

2. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

I'm keen to play this season. I ummed and arred last season and the one the year before. Hope I don't pull out again this season, but I'll put my name forward at this stage.

I don't want to commit to a keeper league though. I don't know enough about the players.

3. snoz

snoz Moderator

You know JB, I could finally have an advantage with this.
    Keeper league would be great....

4. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Lets get some NFL season 2012/2013 discussion happening. I believe this season should be one of the most exciting ones to date with highly touted QB's going one and two in the draft, the New Orleans Bounty Scandal costing their head coach Sean Peyton to be suspended for the entire year and their defensive captain Jon Vilma suffering the same fate. Here is what i am looking forward to :

1. Can Andrew Luck and RG3 turn around the fortunes of the Colts and Redskins. Is Luck the next Peyton Manning and can he live up to expectations. Can RG3 be as exciting in the Pros as he was in College when he won last years Heisman Trophy.

2. Will Peyton Manning get through the entire season after sitting out last year with his neck problem. I can't wait to see if he can drive the Broncos deeper into the playoffs than the highly popular Tim Tebow was able to do last year.

3. Will the New Orleans Saints and their exciting brand of high scoring football be a whitewash this year after the huge controversy that sees their head coach suspended for a year. At time of writing their record holding QB Drew Brees is yet to sign a contract.

4. Can the fantasy equivalent of Gary Ablett, namely Adrian Peterson be ready for round 1 of the season and how far will his value drop in fantasy leagues if at all.

5. Can the Philadelphia "Dream Team" Eagles make the playoffs this year after being touted as a possible Superbowl winning outfit last year that completely fell in a hole. Will Michael Vick return to his fantasy highs of two years ago where he was the dominant QB.

6. Who will prevail out of the Eagles, Cowboys and last years Superbowl champions Giants to be two of the three teams making the playoffs from their division. One of them seems highly likely to miss out.

7. Will the new breed of running and passing QB like Cam Newton prove to be more successful than the traditional QB like Tom Brady.

8. Will the Green Bay Packers atone for last years failure of missing not only the championship but the superbowl altogether after having almost the perfect regular season.

9. I can't wait to see the Chicago bears and new recruit Brandon Marshall, with Matt Forte and now Marshall, Cutler and one of the best defences in the league are they possibly headed for this years Superbowl.

10. Will any of the big name players yet to sign like Maurice Jones-Drew end up at different teams before the start of the season.

Will be interested to hear peoples thoughts and opinions, bring on Sept !!

5. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

am working on a mate to be a co-GM and if he says yes then I will prbably be keen for a "one-year"
    draft comp rather than a keeper comp - especially as I will be a bunny in my first year

will the TS NFL comp be an ESPN run league (like for the 2012-13 TS NBA fantasy comps) ??

6. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Will the Raiders once again dominate - yes

Are there any Broncos fans on this board? and if so should we heckle them - yes

:)

As to your questions BGT;

1) Its typically a long road for rookie QB's, Newton and Ryan have been exceptions the last few years but I fully expect Luck and RG3 to struggle. The Colts in particular just dont have the talent on either side of the ball for Luck to succeed immediately.

2) No. The Broncos will suck and I will LOL

3) Nah they will struggle. So much has hit them, so many sanctions, so much controversay. Players and Coaches suspended, they will find it hard.

4) I think so. Not sure about week 1... but he will come good.

5) Yes. Vick will smash it this year, carried niggles last year and will be good to go now. Their D has another year together, I fully expect them to improve.

6) Eagles/Giants/Cowboys

7)No, not more successful. Can he win a superbowl? maybe. Will he be a better pocket passer with better stats and a better career win/loss than Brady or Rodgers? no

8) Tough, but they are a super talented team, anyone expecting a drop off is dreaming. If anything they will be more driven.

9) Plus they signed Michael Bush from Oakland who was really good last year. Still ... its the Bears ... lol Cant see them beating out GB for the division.

10) Nah he will stay with JAX :)

---

11) Can anyone beat the Juggernauts for the TS crown? :)

7. BillyBass

BillyBass New Member

I'd love to be a part of this as well. Have played both the ESPN and NFL.com fantasy games and have got a fairly good idea about the players.

8. Wiggles

Wiggles Moderator

The way I see this year panning out is that the regular season will be a warm up for what will be considered the finest individual playoff performance, culminating in another Super Bowl ring for Tom Brady. It's the Patriots year!

9. bgt2110

Wonder if you will go the same double Brady and Manning with your first two picks in this years draft like last year after being burnt by Manning. In the end it didn't do you any harm taking out the championship.

10. Dave_Mayhem

Dave_Mayhem New Member

I know it's still early but I wanted to register my interest for this year again. Had a blast playing last year and want to go one step further and win this thing this year.

11. SammmmmmyT

SammmmmmyT New Member

Very keen to be involved in this if there is a spot up for grabs. Played a few leagues with mates but looking for a challenge!

12. Latro

Latro New Member

I am interested in playing again this season.

13. TheTassieHawk

TheTassieHawk SC fanatic Staff Member

Count me in

Is anyone volunteering to be league gm ?

14. karlos

karlos Member

I see that a few of you have a keepers league setup this year, spewing I missed that but are we do the Premier and Division 1 normal format leagues like we did last year? Made it through to the GF in Division 1 last year and was excited to be joining the premier league!

15. Titans to make the playoffs

16. karlos

karlos Member

I'll take that as a no to a normal NFL fantasy league then...

17. bgt2110

I have a TS league in NFL.com if anyone is interested ? It is an autopick league.

18. gnewitt

gnewitt New Member

I'm up for this again as well.

19. gnewitt

gnewitt New Member

What are the details of your league BGT?