2012 ruck options

Discussion in 'AFL' started by Knucklebusters, Jan 29, 2012.

1. martyg

martyg Well-Known Member

What about a Hille-Berger to go?

2. weazel

weazel Member

hille is to inconsistant for my liking add to that ryder and belly rotating and the fact he likes to get suspended for silly hits better options about imo

3. weazel

weazel Member

mummy and sandi(toe?),cox,burger,mc evoy would be ideal
    then maybe kruzer z smith, h mac(goldy), warnock for starters for cheapies cant go past big o not sold on the others yet jiles derickx.

4. Damo

Damo New Member

<blockquote>Quote from bigshow on February 11, 2012, 13:23
    Any word if Champion Data will keep the same scoring for the rucks this year? If so, im going to get a couple of premiums with the giles/stephenson bench combination and hopefully forget about them for the year (barring injury of course). IMO, if you take a risk on a second tier ruckman to save money, you might regret it when mummy's getting 7 possesions and racking up 140 points.</blockquote>

Good question I'm also interested to see what happens here as the scoring system for rucks last year was clearly over the top relative to actual influence. But even if it is still overs this doesn't necessarily mean the two premiums set and forget is a lock. The same over the top scores would apply to any ruck rookie you play so who's to say a big-O or Giles can't knock up a lazy 100 with a dozen or so posessions. You have to play rooks somewhere.

For simplistic comparison let's say it goes like this: You have 28 players worked out and are deciding on your last two and have guessed their averages in brackets. You have narrowed it down to Selwood (125) plus Giles (85) Vs Clifton (80) plus Mummy (115). The first combo gives you an extra 15ppg. There should be no fear in playing a rook ruck if you think he can average as much or more as a rook in any other possie.

5. fivefish

fivefish New Member

yeah thanks bigshow, i just noticed they have the bye same round too so need a new plan

6. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

I am still seriously considering playing Giles as my 2nd ruck (obviously depending on how he performs in NAB) The way I see it I can either have;
    option 1: a ruckman around the price of Jacobs and a decent mid price player in my forward or back, costing about 800k. OR
    option 2: Giles plays as R2 and I use the roughly 700k to turn 2 mid pricers (like grimes/JBrown etc) into 2 premiums.
    The more I think about it the better my team looks as a whole and the less risk I have with option 2, obviously it all sways on how Giles plays though.

7. Iceman

Iceman New Member

What do people think of a Mumford/S.Jacobs ruck?

8. Knucklebusters

Knucklebusters New Member

I have had so many problems selecting the right ruck i cant make my mind up but currently i am going with berger a mid price ruck under 300k then giles and stephenson. It just gives you so much more money (300-400k more) to spend elsewhere and i think ill gain more points with this option instead of having 2 premiums in there, Well fingers crossed anyway.

@ srmb7 i cant see a problem with that setup m8 are you using the giles stephenson bench setup?

9. Iceman

Iceman New Member

Sure am mate.

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Everyone will have them two on the bench, unless using 1 as R2.

I can't think of using anyone outside of McEvoy, sandi, Cox or Mummy for r1&2. Still gotta decide which 2 though.

In DT, I'm thinking of going for 3 rooks and the big cox

11. hack_pwn

hack_pwn New Member

Just a query: To those thinking of doing a Sandi-Mummy combination, are you at all worried about Round 12 where both Sydney and Freo are both on bye? Or will you rely on the bench/trades?

12. Rankz

Rankz New Member

With Cox a little overpriced and at 31 yrs old and Sandi's toe issues i'm not taking any risks.
    Mummy, Kruze, Giles, O.

13. RaoulDuke

RaoulDuke New Member

At this stage I am going Berger and McEvoy, two clear lead dogs who will get the minutes.

Mumford would fit in there as well, but I've plumped for the other two at this stage.

14. tuscanraiders

tuscanraiders New Member

My starting rucks are Sam Jacobs and Kreuzer.
    Big O and Derrickx are my back ups.

Small gamble given Kreuzer's knee problems. And Sammy Jacobs not playing for a team that'll be competing in finals.

Of course this is subject to change judging on some NAB cup performances.

15. Corks

Corks Member

@Anthak, the notable omission from your list is the Berger. He'll be a lone-hand much of the year at Brissie, and based on his improvement last year I put him ahead of McEvoy and Kruez. Any reason you're discounting him?

Sandi-Berger at the mo for me. Mummy probably the other I'd consider. Big O and either Rowe or the GWS boy filling the other possies (depending on whether Roughie is fit for selection up forward).

16. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

The only thing that concerns me about burger is that they drafted Hudson to miminimize the load he was under last year. Huddo is aparently training well too. They also picked up billy longer, who was by far the best ruckman in last years draft, I don't think he'll get many games if any this year though.

17. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

Maric did himself plenty of favours last night, Certainly worth half a look at his price.

18. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on February 18, 2012, 12:27
    @Anthak, the notable omission from your list is the Berger. He'll be a lone-hand much of the year at Brissie, and based on his improvement last year I put him ahead of McEvoy and Kruez. Any reason you're discounting him?

Sandi-Berger at the mo for me. Mummy probably the other I'd consider. Big O and either Rowe or the GWS boy filling the other possies (depending on whether Roughie is fit for selection up forward).</blockquote>
    Hudson is my main worry with Luenberger. How much of an impact he has on the Bergers game is unknown right now though. I suppose NAB will answer a few questions about them two though.

19. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

Pretty solid 1st game for Giles, interesting to see how he goes against Jolly in the next game.

20. anthak

<blockquote>Quote from hack_pwn on February 17, 2012, 23:55
    Just a query: To those thinking of doing a Sandi-Mummy combination, are you at all worried about Round 12 where both Sydney and Freo are both on bye? Or will you rely on the bench/trades?</blockquote>

Just realised that the big O has the same bye too...