2012 Supercoach Defenders

Discussion in 'AFL' started by stkildathunda, Dec 5, 2011.

1. Moblets

Moblets New Member

<blockquote>Quote from Tango on March 13, 2012, 03:25
    @Moblets - Is Webberley going to get regular games. He seems like a bit of a fringe 22 player at the Tiges and Hardwick would probably have Ellis and Morris in front of him for the small defender roles.

Re: Broughton, with Mundy and Barlow missing at the start of the season, surely Lyon needs some ball winners in the midfield and Broughton is up there at Freo.</blockquote>

Tango i guess we'll have to wait until team 1 sheets come out. I've watched him over pre-season and he has looked fantastic, and getting plenty of ball. I think it might be a fight between him and Batchelor for the half back flank role.

2. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

<blockquote>Quote from blues82 on March 13, 2012, 18:46
    anyone got any love for adcock? was thinking of slotting him in</blockquote>

Personal opinion is his a Bit to injury prone I reckon

3. JackosDream

JackosDream Member

How does a backline consisting of: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Yarran, Bower, Hargrave, Ellis, Darley and Wilkes sound?

4. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Christian Howard; is he a good choice as a 5th defender? Going for 4-3 formation in the back line and am wondering if he will be the Birchall for the Dogs

5. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

2nd year player. Can't recommend as your D5.

Lake/Hargrave both have much more to offer as a possible D5, from the same club.

6. Moblets

Moblets New Member

Pretty solid. Yarran is the one there i'd be either changing to a rookie or premium. I don't think he will be in best defenders at the end of the year so what are you expecting from him. Someone to moo or someone you think will have a breakout year?

7. Tango

Tango New Member

<blockquote>Quote from JackosDream on March 13, 2012, 19:27
    How does a backline consisting of: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Yarran, Bower, Hargrave, Ellis, Darley and Wilkes sound?</blockquote>

If you want a good cash cow, then Wilkes probably isn't it. With Dawson gone, he will have decent job security, but I can't see him averaging more than 50ppg as a key defender. However, if you want a slow burner that provides good backline injury cover, then you could probably do worse. Just my 2 cents.

8. fidelsfinger

fidelsfinger New Member

Top 8 rookie defender candidates IMO ...(not in order of prefernce)
    Shaw - Adel
    Bower - Carl
    Ross - Ess
    Mohr - GWS
    Boumann - Hawks
    Morris - Rich
    Webberly - Rich
    Brennan - WC

9. Jason

Disagree with Mohr, there are better rookie DEF prospects at GWS - Mohr just doesn't seem like he is going to be particularly fantasy relevant.

10. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from Jason on March 14, 2012, 06:23
    Disagree with Mohr, there are better rookie DEF prospects at GWS - Mohr just doesn't seem like he is going to be particularly fantasy relevant.</blockquote>

Agreed. He looks like he could become a good backman, but you really want to target the running backs like Darley and Bugg, they will score a lot higher than Mohr.

11. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

<blockquote>Quote from fidelsfinger on March 14, 2012, 01:14
    Top 8 rookie defender candidates IMO ...(not in order of prefernce)
    Boumann - Hawks
    </blockquote>

Boumann looks to be a good pick up for the hawks, he moves well and reads the play, however he was only drafted to bolster the stocks and I don't expect him to play regularly enough to make any money. Despite common misconceptions, Hawthorns backline is quite deep and I can’t see him playing ahead of any of; Gillham, Stratts, Gibson, Birhcall, suckling, shuey, Murphy.

12. NCJS

NCJS New Member

The backs are doing my head in. I am looking at Goddard, Scotland, Shaw, Lake, Clarke, Ellis and Darley starting. Clarke will need to show more on the weekend to be locked. 3 premiums does not look right but i have gone 4 elite in the middle and up forward, as well as Cox/Kreuz in the rucks. Thoughts on whether to offload a mid and upgrade Lake/Clarke? I understand there are more tempting rookies in the mids but i am also thinking there are some big scores on offer from the premiums there also..

13. WindyHillWizard

WindyHillWizard New Member

Difficult call NCJS. I think most are looking at 4 premium in their mids, but the risks you take with defenders are spot on (I wouldn't be taking such risks in the mids for example).

I think most are looking at 1-2 mid-pricers in the def and/or fwd, and Lake and Clarke will be on most radars at the minute. Weekend performance will determine alot for these two

14. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

For mine Hargrave > Lake > Clarke. I've also got another in there who I think has better JS than Clarke.

Lids is putting his hand back up well and truly in his performance against GWS right now.

I'm aiming at Scotland for a upgrade target hoping he'll drop a bit. For me its hard to split the Hawks boys. Birchall in front at this stage you'd think.

15. Jason

Clarke's short-term job security will rise if Maxwell is ruled out with ankle problem for early rounds.

16. pollypies

pollypies Member

I watched the last three quarters of Pies v Saints at Princess Park. Clarke was again unimpressive. I agree that he has good job security but I can't see him posting scores higher than 70 at best. Yagmoor didn't do anything and I don't think he will play round 1.

17. GaryReal

GaryReal Member

Thoughts on Goddard?
    Last week he looked so bored and unmotivated I took him out of my team.
    (Bored with St.K i think).
    Still, the saints look average to me so the ball will be pumped into their back half a bit more,
    so maybe this keeps God in the points...
    I cant believe der Watt?-ers didnt arrive at STK and grab their number one player Goddard and put him on the ball and fashion the whole team around him.
    I hope he leaves (to Carlton :) :) :) :)

18. nbreid

nbreid New Member

Thoughts on S Burgoyne anyone?

Had to downgrade from enright to free up cash. Any other good prospects in low 400s?

My other defenders are 3 perms, 4 rookies & Lake...

19. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from pollypies on March 17, 2012, 13:43
    I watched the last three quarters of Pies v Saints at Princess Park. Clarke was again unimpressive. I agree that he has good job security but I can't see him posting scores higher than 70 at best. Yagmoor didn't do anything and I don't think he will play round 1. </blockquote>

Haven't you just sold him there? A rookie-priced player who's more than likely to get 70avg, well you'd ride that cow all the way to moo-town.

20. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Yee haaaaaaa!