2012 Supercoach Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

How does Dangerfield possibly count as a premium? He averaged 80 last year. Your FWD structure is 4-2-3 and that's asssuming Gray is a keeper (not unreasonable).

2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I would really love to include Dangerfield but you do have to ask the question raised above.

If he does go pop this year, I'd rather wait until I can see he is smashing out tons regularly, and then trade up to him. I'm happy to miss the points to mitigate the risk.

3. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

Looking at the stats from the pre-season, the main statistical category that obviously works in his favour is 55.56% contested possession rate, upping his disposal count to around 25 per game should see a pretty decent rise in scoring for him. The bad is the de% which was at 62.33% with 4.67 clangers per game. What makes Ablett such a damaging player is an incredibly high cp rate whilst maintaining super high efficiency. If Dangerfield can work on cleaning his disposal I don't see why he can't average highly this year, big if though.

Adelaide's early season run also will work in his favour, pretty soft 4 of the first 5 games.

4. pollypies

pollypies Member

I think Danger has the scope to improve to between 90-100 average. He played predominately as a forward last year, with only the occassional spell on the ball. It seems clear Sanderson wants a empahsis on contested footy, particularly in the midfield. Based on this, and where he has played in the NAB, it seems that Danger will hav eincreased time in the midfield, which gives him the opportunity to score more points. This year he seems to have added the ability to get uncontsted possessions to go with his obvious ability to win contested poessions. He only averaged 17 disposals a game last year. I think this will improve.

But I understand what Jason and Nick are saying. He isn't a premium yet. It's a matter of whether you're willing to take the risk now and avoid a trade, or take the safe option and see what transpires once the season starts.

5. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

In the preseason he averaged 24.33 disposals per game, 11 uncontested. It needs to be said that those games weren't particularly competitive however, but the potential is there for a breakout season. I'm 50/50 still.

6. CJ22

CJ22 New Member

Thought this was interesting from Riewoldt that I read today: "I'll play maybe a slightly varied role this year, probably spend a little bit more time up the ground." Could possibly mean more points for him, just something to think about.

7. pollypies

pollypies Member

What does everyone think of Clokey v Gray. I'm a huge Cloke fan and reckon he is in for a big season. He seems to be getting stronger each season and I'm not sure many defenders can match him one on one. But it seems he is playing closer to goal in the pre-season, with Dawes spending more time up the ground.

I've always been 50/50 about Gray. But currently my forward line is Fyfe, Martin, Gray, Hale, Danger, Porps, Pfeifer and Kennedy. I'm scared if I go with Hale, Franklin and Cloke, it could be danger if weather doesn't suit the talls. Having said that Clokey scored 144 last week in the rain!

8. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Has there been much talk of rioli's pre-season? Apart from the obvious 'changed running pattern', just thought it was a bit strange there was nothing else about him. As it stands I have Buddy, Fyfe, Chappy, Rioli, Danger, Porp, Smith, Pfeiffer, Dickson. Spread more of my rookies around def and mid as there are more options there.

9. AngLee

AngLee Guest

Yeah good call H_D, you can't win SC with an expensive Def. I would question no Martin unless he's in your Mid.

10. H_Dons

H_Dons New Member

Actually, I think that having an expensive Def is almost as important as the mids. It's just at the moment there are far more promising rookies in the Def, Mid sections of the ground compared to the forward line which IMO is a bit light on for solid rookie options atm.

Also I have chose to hold off on Martin as I think his price will hold for the first part of the season as Richmond have a very tough draw early on, so if all goes well I will upgrade to Martin, risky I know.

11. Kovanator

Kovanator New Member

Have not seen N Riewoldt in many SC teams this year. What are peoples view on him?
    My forward line at the moment is:
    Franklin, Fyfe, Martin, N Riewoldt, Porplyzia, Smith, A Kennedy, (Kerridge, Dickson)

12. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

NRoo is a fading star. Might have a couple of good games across the year SC-wise, but the days of him dominating and regularly scoring 100s are a thing of the past.

13. Corks

Corks Member

Agree with Jason, but if you want to take a risk on a POD NRoo's worth considering. Two years ago he was the #1 forward in the comp, and he's still good enough to be a top 10 forward if he stays fit.

14. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I've got:

Franklin, Martin, Cloke and Sidebottom as my premiums for now. I think out of all my positions, I'm most uncertain about my forward line. Franklin and Martin are locks but Cloke scares me a little bit. Key position forwards generally create a little more doubt with me in supercoach, rather than the running ones. But he is just getting better, so I may take the punt on him this year.
    I originally had Pavlich and Sidebottom, but decided to switch Pav for Cloke.

By the way, any thoughts on Cripps from the Saints?

15. Corks

Corks Member

you're a little too loyal to your pies HPCD. Either Cloke or Sidebottom is a good POD - Cloke for mine could go OK - but both is overkill. Chappy, Fyfe, Pav, Gray, Zaharakis all seem good options this year.

16. Turbs

Turbs New Member

I would have cripps but cant justify the extra $50 g's with my stucture atm ... ive had him in and out 5 times though lol

17. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

Ok, my premium forward line like I mentioned above is:

Franklin, Martin, Cloke, Sidebottom:

At this stage, Cloke or Sidebottom will move out of my team (and at this moment, I am looking to keep Cloke).

To turn Sidebottom into Fyfe or Pavlich, I have had to make these changes:

Ruck: Cox and Sandilands will now have to become Cox and McEvoy/Leuenberger

Backline: Goddard, Scotland, Deledio and I will have to turn Scotland into Shaw/Birchall

Does anyone think those changes are worth making to turn Sidebottom into a Pavlich/Fyfe?

The ruck change frightens me a little.

18. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

Do you want to go through the season being annoyed at how well Sidey plays if you drop him?

Not that there are any guarantees that he will, mind you.

19. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

I suppose I could say the same thing if I go with Sidebottom and then drop Cloke, as Cloke is getting better, lol.
    So far, I think I will be a little mixed with Cloke/Sidebottom for a little while, though I did have a play around with my team then and I think keeping Sidebottom allows me to keep the rest of my team as it is, without too much moving around.

With Sidebottom in at the moment, I still have Cox/Sandilands and my forward line is: Franklin, Fyfe, Martin and Sidebottom at the moment.

20. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

I've got Cloke and Sidey and have no intention of changing.