2012 Supercoach Forwards

Discussion in 'AFL' started by walesy, Dec 8, 2011.

1. Corks

Corks Member

Yeah, but Pie Raider you've probably also got Beams, Didak, Blair and Dawes ;)

HPCD...nothing wrong with those changes. I'd go Berger and Shaw, but the other two are good options as well. Saints supporters have been wary of McEvoy this year which might be a guide that he won't go really big.

2. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

I would if it wasn't for the byes.

3. HotPiesColdDrinks

HotPiesColdDrinks Member

<blockquote>Quote from Corks on March 24, 2012, 12:41
    Yeah, but Pie Raider you've probably also got Beams, Didak, Blair and Dawes ;)

HPCD...nothing wrong with those changes. I'd go Berger and Shaw, but the other two are good options as well. Saints supporters have been wary of McEvoy this year which might be a guide that he won't go really big.</blockquote>

Thanks, though funnily enough I changed it again and now I have 2 options, lol. One with Cloke in my forwards and the other with Sidebottom.

If I go with Sidebottom as my F4, my back line is: Goddard, Scotland/Shaw, Deledio

If I go with Cloke as my F4, my back line is: Goddard, Birchall, Deledio

I will only be able to go the Birchall option in defence if I go Cloke. I suppose now it comes down to Cloke vs Sidebottom and who I think will be a better points contributer

4. Corks

Corks Member

Cloke for me, but I haven't seen enough of Sidebottom to really know where he's at. Real question is which of the two is most likely to finish the year in the top 10 scoring forwards.

5. bgt2110

bgt2110 Moderator Staff Member

Any love for a fully fit Jack Riewoldt as a 100K cheaper option than Martin ?

6. Kovanator

Kovanator New Member

Consistancy is the issue for me in picking Jack

7. Tango

Tango New Member

@btg, I like J-Roo as a POD. If he can get back to his form of 2010, then you've certainly got yourself a nice unique pick. The main concern is that as a full forward, he's always going to be up and down. Looking at his 2010 season he had 8 scores over 100 (including a 217) and 10 scores under 70. If he can push up the ground a bit more and start getting more touches, plus with better delivery from an improved Tiger midfield, a 95ppg average certainly isn't beyond him. However, Vickery's emergence as a genuine second tall option for the Tigers might steal some points from him, and I remember Hardwick stating that they want to be less reliant on J-Roo to kick goals as they were in 2010. Haven't seen any of this year's NAB Cup, but what has the Tiger's set up looked like this preseason?

8. mjcdons

mjcdons New Member

@hotpies I'd go Sidebottom over Cloke. The mid-forw types will always get more consistent numbers. Upgrade to Fyfe or Pav would be a good move, can't you squeeze one in?

I've got Franklin, Fyfe, Chappy and Martin. Hoping to upgrade to Pav in the MIDs later for DPP.

9. PieRaider

PieRaider New Member

@ Tango I agree with you on JRoo to a point but I think he will become more consistent. He's 23 this year so up until now he's been a baby for a KPF.

His four post concussion games last year dramatically effected his weekly average. He could well be priced at a 10&#37; discount.

Vickery's emergence could help take the enormous pressure of him as well as some defensive attention.

With Richmonds difficult start he's an upgrade target for me.