2012 Supercoach Midfielders

Discussion in 'AFL' started by SuperCoachSuperStar, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Turbs

Turbs New Member

Ok so planning on running 4 0 4 midfield...looking at:

Gaz
    Priddis
    J Selwood
    Fyfe

opinions on whether or not to swap 1 of the top 3 for Goddard so i have a mid/def swap option ??

2. The_General

The_General Member

Maybe find rookies that have d/m and m/f capability and put goddard and fyfe back in their rightful places!

3. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

How am I looking @ the mo? Have stayed with this set up for a while. Any thoughts? Cheers

Pendlebury
    Ablett
    Selwood
    Gibbs
    Coniglio
    Morabito

4. peps_12

peps_12 New Member

What's wrong with Tom Mitchell and Dylan shiel?

5. Tango

Tango New Member

@Gonaddz

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/fremantle-midfielder-anthony-morabito-suffers-injury-setback/story-e6frf9jf-1226285198648

I would be looking to replace Morabito! He's just injured himself again, and probably won't get any meaningful match practice until late in the season. Players rarely ever play that well the season they come back from an ACL. Plus, he only averaged 52 points in his debut season, so it's not like you're picking up a previous high-scoring rookie. I would probably go with one of the other popular rookies like Magner (a dead certainty to get upgraded to the Dee's senior list judgin by his NAB form). You save $74k, which you could use to upgrade Gibbs to a Boyd, Priddis, Rocklobster etc. Also, 191k is a lot to be forking out for Coniglio. Steve Clifton is a better GWS midfield option, and $61k cheaper. You'd want to be certain that Coniglio would tear it up compared to the other mid rookies out there, and while he looked alright against the Hawks on the weekend, he probably isn't doing enough to justify the extra spend.

6. dj62

dj62 New Member

I agree, there are many more cheaper options so you can spend the money on premiums.

7. Gonaddz

Gonaddz Member

Tango!!! You the man. Thank you I didn't know that about Morabito. Looks like a lot of my guys are dropping like flies. When are the full sides announced? And where can you view who is playing before round 1 starts? Cheers again for the help!

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Sides will be announced the Thursday night before the weekend's games for round 1.

If you want to check injury lists of clubs head to their websites to check your players are fit.

Also check the "Players with interpreted preseasons" thread on this site.

9. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

Which one of these players for supercoach... Mitchell, Marc Murphy, Judd or Boyd?

10. fryzie

fryzie New Member

Does anyone know if there is a cut off date for the clubs to promote their rookies? Just realised if some of the rooks I've got in at the moment don't get promoted I don't have enough cash free to upgrade them all without re-jigging some finances elsewhere!

11. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

I love your optimism Tigers.

For me Murphy and Boyd as starters. Others possible upgrades depending on their form and how your cows are mooooiiiinnnnggg.

12. TigersTooTough

TigersTooTough Administrator

I am pretty sure that they have until round 1 to upgrade rookies. In the meantime, we have to hope that the like of Gibson and Magner get promoted!!!!

13. NotTooSerious

NotTooSerious Member

good question Fryzie! I would love to know! I'm not sure there is one though...Can't teams upgrade players during the year if spots are available?

14. BigFozza

BigFozza New Member

any love for mitchell???

15. AngryAnt

AngryAnt New Member

@Tigersfor2-012, Murphy by the length of the Flemington straight.

16. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from fryzie on March 6, 2012, 14:59
    Does anyone know if there is a cut off date for the clubs to promote their rookies? Just realised if some of the rooks I've got in at the moment don't get promoted I don't have enough cash free to upgrade them all without re-jigging some finances elsewhere!</blockquote>

In regards to the upgrade(s) if teams dont have full quota of veterans, the upgrade needs to be done prior to the last Wednesday before Round 1. Which would be the 21st March.

And if a club has a LTI, then they can upgrade a rookie in place of the inj player at any time.

Just for interests sake, clubs can also upgrade a rookie after round 11 (referred to as the nominated rookie) without a player going onto the long-term injury list.

17. crossy

crossy Active Member

so does anyone know where to access nab cup supercoach stats for round 2? cheers for the help

18. revgordon1

revgordon1 New Member

@Tigersfor2-012 Murphy by a mile. His scores have gone up every year and in terms of age he should just be entering his SC prime. It's hard to see the other guys you mentioned doing better this season than last.

19. port_leschenault

port_leschenault Administrator Staff Member

<blockquote>Quote from anthak on March 8, 2012, 02:53
    <blockquote>Quote from fryzie on March 6, 2012, 14:59
    Does anyone know if there is a cut off date for the clubs to promote their rookies? Just realised if some of the rooks I've got in at the moment don't get promoted I don't have enough cash free to upgrade them all without re-jigging some finances elsewhere!</blockquote>

In regards to the upgrade(s) if teams dont have full quota of veterans, the upgrade needs to be done prior to the last Wednesday before Round 1. Which would be the 21st March.

And if a club has a LTI, then they can upgrade a rookie in place of the inj player at any time.

Just for interests sake, clubs can also upgrade a rookie after round 11 (referred to as the nominated rookie) without a player going onto the long-term injury list.

</blockquote>

Yep, as per what Patrick Keane tweeted, GWS and GCS can't upgrade a nominated rookie due to their extended primary list. Clubs that can: Adel (1),Carl (2),Melb (1), North (1),Port (1).

This doesn't include LTI either, so if I can remember from that post a few days go these teams can promote a rookie due to LTI: Ess (2) Melb (2) North (1) Port (1) Rich (1).

Funny how the nominated rookie list almost mirrors the LTI list.

So from those club, who I predict will get promoted:
    Ade - Callinan
    Carl - Curnow
    Ess - Lee, Baguley
    Melb - Magner, Nicholson, Couch (Evans?)
    North - Gibson, Urquhart?
    Port - Irons, Pfeiffer
    Rich - Maric

All speculation though. Something to keep an eye on for Horsley owners is whether the Krakouer situation will allow them to promote someone, mind you Hall is giving him competition.

20. Swalloitdown

Swalloitdown Member

Urquhart will not play another game for North. And you don't have to nominate an upgrade for rnd 1 if they are not going to start in your best 22, thus you will see the likes of Nth, Melb and even Ess only upgrade 1-2 for round 1. For mine Magner, couch and gibson are the most relevant.