2013 ORFFA Official Mid Season Draft Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

As previously advised the 2013 Mid Season Draft starts at 7.30pm on Friday the 14th June.

The applicable rules to this draft:
    1. It is a requirement that you draft 6 compulsory picks per year, these can be done all in the preseason draft, or over both drafts.
    - A minimum of 4 of those compulsory picks must be taken in the preseason draft, that is you must enter the 2013 preseason draft with a maximum of 22 players.
    - It is not a matter of how many players you de-list, that is potentially irrelevant as the list size can be traded down or up in the trade period prior.
    - If you entered the preseason draft with more than 20 players you must participate in the 2013 midseason draft, if you had 22 players, you must enter this draft with 24 (or less), if you had 21 players you must enter this draft with 25 (or less).
    - If you entered the preseason draft with 20 or less players any involvement in the midseason draft for 2103 is voluntary.

2. Each coach will have 18 hours to make their selection, after which time that turn is skipped, if they have not posted by the time any subsequent picks come up each pick will be given at least 6 hours and then also skipped.

3. Skipped picks can be taken at any time, please state in the post that it is a skipped pick along with the standard pick info.

4. Please double check that the player you are selecting is available first. Onus is on the coach to pick an available player, if you pick an ineligible player and subsequent selections are made by other coaches prior to its discovery their selections will stand and you will have to pick from the available pool at the time. Common sense prevails and will be enforced ( by me :) )

5. If for some reason two people manage to legitimately pick the same player, resulting from timing around a scheduled pick and a skipped pick, the post with the earliest time stamp is the one who keeps him.

6. At the end of the MSD all teams will have a squad of 26 players.

All selections are to be posted here in this thread.
    This first post will be updated with selections made as regularly as possible.
    Strongly suggest you subscribe to the thread (at the bottom of the page) so you get an email when someone posts.

When making a selection please make sure there can be no confusion over who you mean, state the selection (pick) number, and ideally the players christian and surname and the AFL team he plays for.

Draft order below, 54 picks in all for the MSD.

Pick Current Team Player Selected
    1 Gundagai Aaron Mullett
    2 Marble Bar Thomas Nicholls
    3 Lovely Banks Dylan Roberton
    4 Larrikin Lagoon Tom Lynch
    5 Nunawading Campbell Brown
    6 Darraweit Guim Paul Seedsman
    7 Whitsundays Jason Johannisen
    8 Mount Beauty Mark Blicavs
    9 Cradle Mountain Liam McBean
    10 Charlie's Opening Sam Rowe
    11 Nunawading Ricky Petterd
    12 Wagga Wagga Cameron O'Shea
    13 Birdsville Rory Laird
    14 Darraweit Guim Andy Otten
    15 Venus Bay Scott Gumbleton
    16 Waikikamoocow James Podsiadly
    17 Foul Bay Josh Thomas
    18 Gariwerd Levi Casboult

19 Gundagai Jarryd Lyons
    20 Nunawading Dennis Armfield
    21 Lovely Banks Jonathan SIMPKIN
    22 Larrikin Lagoon Mark Baguley
    (no 23)
    24 Darraweit Guim Kyle Martin
    25 Gundagai Nathan Wright
    26 Mount Beauty Justin Clarke
    27 Cradle Mountain Nick Smith
    28 Charlie's Opening Lachie Hansen
    29 Darraweit Guim Mark Hutchings
    30 Wagga Wagga Marley Williams
    31 Darraweit Guim Lachlan Hunter
    32 Birdsville Jordan Lisle
    33 Gariwerd Shaun McKernan
    34 Lovely Banks Aaron Davey
    35 Whitsundays Michael Talia
    36 Iron Knob Ian Callinan

37 Darraweit Guim Adam Kennedy
    38 Marble Bar Josh Bruce
    39 Lovely Banks Dane Rampe
    40 Larrikin Lagoon Michael Evans
    42 Venus Bay Elliot Yeo
    43 Whitsundays Jaryd Cachia
    44 Mount Beauty Dylan Addison
    47 Gundagai Timothy Broomhead
    48 Wagga Wagga Nicholas Kommer
    49 Wagga Wagga Lynden Dunn
    52 Waikikamoocow Luke Russell
    53 Foul Bay Ryan Harwood
    54 Iron Knob Setanta O'hAilpin

55 Gundagai Blayne Wilson
    57 Waikikamoocow Tim Sumner
    60 Gundagai Jimmy Webster
    61 Whitsundays Aaron Young
    67 Powlett plains Andrew Krakouer

73 Gundagai Anthony Morabito

At the conclusion of this draft we will move into the Expansion draft thread. I have still have to sort out the OP there and will do so shortly to list the picks and teams as above. Fitzy has first pick in that draft, I will try to update the Free Agent list between Simon's last pick and Fitzy's first.

Good luck, may you all get your man(s)

2. J_C

J_C Guest

Nice Len. How about Colonel Mustard with the Lead Pipe in the Conservatory? Did I win? :)

3. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

JC wrote: Nice Len. How about Colonel Mustard with the Lead Pipe in the Conservatory? Did I win? :)

Ah, so that's where the lead pipe has gone - I was going to use it on Prof Plum and steal his 4th round draft pick. Never mind.

4. snoz

snoz Well-Known Member

Provisional Draft Order, subject to Friday night's outcome. (I know I have only gone to round 6, Simonoz, I will create a special list for you if have to cut deeper :p)

Mockery will get you everywhere Sir Len :) First change, not sure you want these as they happen? Or just at the end.......lemme know, I'm as active as a hooker at the world cup. Pick 37 to Chris88 for picks 47 & 60 to Gundagai

5. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    Provisional Draft Order, subject to Friday night's outcome. (I know I have only gone to round 6, Simonoz, I will create a special list for you if have to cut deeper :p)

Mockery will get you everywhere Sir Len :)

First change, not sure you want these as they happen? Or just at the end.......lemme know, I'm as active as a hooker at the world cup. Pick 37 to Chris88 for picks 47 & 60 to Gundagai

lol, It would be pointless in the extreme to mock from 17th :)

No need mate, I am monitoring them in the trade thread. I'll update this list tomorrow or Saturday, then every couple of days..

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for this Len!I think it would be appropriate to remove any references to gender from the rules. I'm fairly sure we have a woman in our midst now, and who knows who of us may be gender queer :)

7. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

For teams who entered the 2013 PSD with 20 or less players, is it a requirement to select 2 additional players this MSD so all teams have 28 players at the conclusion of the MSD?
    Or can the season be concluded with 26? (not sure why you would want to do this but thought I would pose the Q)
    IF you want to cut players and select more than the assumed minimum 2 extra players (say I cut 1, taking me to 25, I would then have 3 picks to take me to 28?) Where are delistments to be posted?
    Am I totally confused?

8. Len

anthak wrote:
    Thanks for this Len!I think it would be appropriate to remove any references to gender from the rules. I'm fairly sure we have a woman in our midst now, and who knows who of us may be gender queer :) There's plenty of odd, queer is peoples own business... :)

9. Len

jimbowan wrote:
    For teams who entered the 2013 PSD with 20 or less players, is it a requirement to select 2 additional players this MSD so all teams have 28 players at the conclusion of the MSD?
    Or can the season be concluded with 26? (not sure why you would want to do this but thought I would pose the Q)
    IF you want to cut players and select more than the assumed minimum 2 extra players (say I cut 1, taking me to 25, I would then have 3 picks to take me to 28?) Where are delistments to be posted?
    Am I totally confused? I attempted to edit the 26/28 lines before posting Jimbo, I may have missed one or two and will check.
    The MSD runs us to 26 as was always the plan. We then run a second, separate draft, in the order of outcome from the GWS game, and that takes us to 28. So for the purpose of sanity, the MSD is still to 26, based on the cut to 20 or 22 rule from the PSD.
    Does that answer your query?

10. snoz

snoz Well-Known Member

I may have to delist Currie, not having a playing ruck. If the owner of Goldy has interest in his backup please let me know. Also, young (injured) stud defender Suckling is avail for a team that can sit him for the year. It will have to be a good offer though.

11. Len

The OP now has the final draft order, will remove the non active picks tomorrow night following the delistings being completed tonight (cutoff is midnight tonight).

12. chris88

OK - this is probably just some semantics but I had a query (mainly because I have just been talking with Chels about the trade that he and Lovely Banks (Jen) did as I'd forgotten all about it! But my question is this - I do remember both Jen and Chels saying that the pick that had been exchanged - that Jen had sent to Chels - was Lovely Banks final MSD pick. That was going to be a fourth round pick. But according to this, Jen now has a pick at pick 75 - the last pick in the 5th round? Can I ask why? It doesn't affect me directly in the least, but I just wanted to mention it in case a pick has been muddled, in case someone has miscounted the number of picks, etc. I'd just hate to have, say, any confusion caused over Jen having pick 75 when in fact she shouldn't have it.Or, alternately, not being prepared to use pick 75 when she does in fact have it. I know I'm butting in with my 2c worth, but I wanted to mention it as I saw it now in front of me in case there's been a muddle of some sort and it can be fixed before tomorrow evening.

13. Len

I don't think I have it wrong, in fact I am not even sure what you are asking? Jen gave her fourth round pick to chels, Pick 57 I have it listed against him, and his round 2 pick 34 is listed against Jen...
    <div class='Quote' style='padding: 5px 10px; border: 1px dotted #000000; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: #f1f1f1; color: #000000;]<em style='font-size: 10px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]en wrote: <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]So a deal has been struck between the Lilacs and the Waikikamoocow <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]Hamish McIntosh plus last round MSD pick for Tayte Pears plus 2nd round MSD pick. <div class='Quote' style='padding: 5px 10px; border: 1px dotted #000000; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: #f1f1f1; color: #000000;]<em style='font-size: 10px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]Jen wrote: <div class='Quote' style='padding: 5px 10px; border: 1px dotted #000000; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px;]<em style='font-size: 10px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]Lenh191 wrote: <div class='Quote' style='padding: 5px 10px; border: 1px dotted #000000; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px;]<em style='font-size: 10px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]chels wrote: <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]Jen tells me she will be de-listing four, so it will be what would have been her fourth pick that I will be picking up Len. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]I'll list it as such, Jen could you please give a nod to that, I don't doubt chels for a second but I like these things to be inarguable. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px; outline: 0px; background-color: transparent;]Yes that is all correct - I am giving Chels my 4th round MSD pick

14. graeme

graeme Guest

Chris, I think you will find when asked to confirm the meaning of 'the last trade position' Jen noted that she was planning to de-list four players. That was then the final agreement for the trade, rather than a subsequent decision to de-list a larger number of players. I have now copied the final thread comment to clarify:
    <div class='Quote' style='font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; color: #000000; margin-bottom: 0px !important;]<em style='font-size: 10px;]Lenh191 wrote:
    <div class='Quote' style='line-height: 16px; margin-bottom: 0px !important;]<em style='font-size: 10px;]chels wrote: <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px;]Jen tells me she will be de-listing four, so it will be what would have been her fourth pick that I will be picking up Len. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px;] <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 10px; line-height: 16px;]I'll list it as such, Jen could you please give a nod to that, I don't doubt chels for a second but I like these things to be inarguable. <p style='margin-bottom: 10px; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, San-Serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 16px; background-color: #ffffff; color: #000000;]Yes that is all correct - I am giving Chels my 4th round MSD pick

15. Len

Unless you are asking if Jen has activated pick 75, in the fifth round, I believe she has but will double check when I get home, it was almost 1am when I finished the list..

16. chris88

Lenh191 wrote: Unless you are asking if Jen has activated pick 75, in the fifth round, I believe she has but will double check when I get home, it was almost 1am when I finished the list.. Yep, that's what I'm asking Len. Reason I asked is because it was stated in the trade that Jen was going to delist 4 players and therefore have 4 picks in the draft. Four players were delisted but Jen and Lovely Banks now have 5 draft picks if you include pick 75. So I'm not sure if that pick actually has to exist or be activated, meaning the draft might end at pick 73 with Gundagai. Thought I'd mention it now though, just in case. That modified list is a damn fine effort given all the wheeling and dealing that has occurred in recent days.

17. Len

chris88 wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote: Unless you are asking if Jen has activated pick 75, in the fifth round, I believe she has but will double check when I get home, it was almost 1am when I finished the list.. Yep, that's what I'm asking Len. Reason I asked is because it was stated in the trade that Jen was going to delist 4 players and therefore have 4 picks in the draft. Four players were delisted but Jen and Lovely Banks now have 5 draft picks if you include pick 75. So I'm not sure if that pick actually has to exist or be activated, meaning the draft might end at pick 73 with Gundagai. Thought I'd mention it now though, just in case. That modified list is a damn fine effort given all the wheeling and dealing that has occurred in recent days. No worries, I figured it out after I had posted, yeah I will check when I get home, I have no clue atm tbh :)

18. chris88

Reckon you've got more clue about the whole thing than me. I keep having to check which draft picks I've got. I can't remember.

19. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Been for a swim in the pool. I would speculate that picks 1 - 25 may provide some regular scoring players, with a couple of potential high scorers in the early picks. After that it is a bit trickier with players who get a gig, but this is very much dependent on form and injuries of others. This bunch take us up to around pick 38. After that, it is a lottery. The extra 2 will be pure speculation - but that's okay - good practice for the PSD.

20. Len

chris88 wrote:
    Reckon you've got more clue about the whole thing than me. I keep having to check which draft picks I've got. I can't remember. Not quite right this time though, thanks for the pointer.

I cut Daws from Jen's team and the ORFFA lists somehow at the start of the year.