2013 ORFFA Official Mid Season Draft Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

As previously advised the 2013 Mid Season Draft starts at 7.30pm on Friday the 14th June.

The applicable rules to this draft:
    1. It is a requirement that you draft 6 compulsory picks per year, these can be done all in the preseason draft, or over both drafts.
    - A minimum of 4 of those compulsory picks must be taken in the preseason draft, that is you must enter the 2013 preseason draft with a maximum of 22 players.
    - It is not a matter of how many players you de-list, that is potentially irrelevant as the list size can be traded down or up in the trade period prior.
    - If you entered the preseason draft with more than 20 players you must participate in the 2013 midseason draft, if you had 22 players, you must enter this draft with 24 (or less), if you had 21 players you must enter this draft with 25 (or less).
    - If you entered the preseason draft with 20 or less players any involvement in the midseason draft for 2103 is voluntary.
    2. Each coach will have 18 hours to make their selection, after which time that turn is skipped, if they have not posted by the time any subsequent picks come up each pick will be given at least 6 hours and then also skipped. 3. Skipped picks can be taken at any time, please state in the post that it is a skipped pick along with the standard pick info.
    4. Please double check that the player you are selecting is available first. Onus is on the coach to pick an available player, if you pick an ineligible player and subsequent selections are made by other coaches prior to its discovery their selections will stand and you will have to pick from the available pool at the time. Common sense prevails and will be enforced ( by me :) )
    5. If for some reason two people manage to legitimately pick the same player, resulting from timing around a scheduled pick and a skipped pick, the post with the earliest time stamp is the one who keeps him.
    6. At the end of the MSD all teams will have a squad of 26 players.

All selections are to be posted here in this thread.
    This first post will be updated with selections made as regularly as possible.
    Strongly suggest you subscribe to the thread (at the bottom of the page) so you get an email when someone posts.

When making a selection please make sure there can be no confusion over who you mean, state the selection (pick) number, and ideally the players christian and surname and the AFL team he plays for.

Draft order below, [span style='text-decoration: line-through;]5554 picks in all for the MSD. <table border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0' width='479' style='border-collapse: collapse; width: 360pt;] <col width='69' style='width: 52pt;[/img] <col width='205' span='2' style='width: 154pt;[/img]
    <td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt; width: 52pt;]Pick 1 <td class='xl73' style='width: 154pt;]Current Team <td class='xl73' style='width: 154pt;]Player Selected

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]1 <td class='xl73]Gundagai <td class='xl73]Aaron Mullett

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]2 <td class='xl73]Marble Bar <td class='xl73]Thomas Nicholls

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]3 <td class='xl73]Lovely Banks <td class='xl73]Dylan Roberton

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]4 <td class='xl73]Larrikin Lagoon <td class='xl70]Tom Lynch

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]5 <td class='xl73]Nunawading <td class='xl73]Campbell Brown

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]6 <td class='xl73]Darraweit Guim <td class='xl73]Paul Seedsman

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]7 <td class='xl73]Whitsundays <td class='xl70]Jason Johannisen

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]8 <td class='xl73]Mount Beauty <td class='xl73]Mark Blicavs

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]9 <td class='xl73]Cradle Mountain Liam McBean

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]10 <td class='xl73]Charlie's Opening <td class='xl73]Sam Rowe

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]11 <td class='xl73]Nunawading <td class='xl73]Ricky Petterd

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]12 <td class='xl73]Wagga Wagga <td class='xl73]Cameron O'Shea

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]13 <td class='xl73]Birdsville <td class='xl73]Rory Laird

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]14 <td class='xl73]Darraweit Guim <td class='xl73]Andy Otten

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]15 <td class='xl73]Venus Bay <td class='xl73]Scott Gumbleton

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]16 <td class='xl73]Waikikamoocow <td class='xl73]James Podsiadly

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]17 <td class='xl73]Foul Bay <td class='xl73]Josh Thomas

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]18 <td class='xl73]Gariwerd <td class='xl73]Levi Casboult

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]19 <td class='xl73]Gundagai <td class='xl75]Jarryd Lyons

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]20 <td class='xl73]Nunawading <td class='xl75]Dennis Armfield

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]21 <td class='xl73]Lovely Banks <td class='xl70]Jonathan SIMPKIN

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]22 <td class='xl73]Larrikin Lagoon <td class='xl75]Mark Baguley

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]24 <td class='xl73]Darraweit Guim <td class='xl75]Kyle Martin

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]25 <td class='xl73]Gundagai <td class='xl75]Nathan Wright

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]26 <td class='xl73]Mount Beauty <td class='xl73]Justin Clarke

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]27 <td class='xl73]Cradle Mountain <td class='xl73]Nick Smith

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]28 <td class='xl73]Charlie's Opening <td class='xl73]Lachie Hansen

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]29 <td class='xl73]Darraweit Guim <td class='xl73]Mark Hutchings

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]30 <td class='xl73]Wagga Wagga <td class='xl73]Marley Williams

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]31 <td class='xl73]Darraweit Guim <td class='xl73]Lachlan Hunter

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]32 <td class='xl73]Birdsville <td class='xl73]Jordan Lisle

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]33 <td class='xl73]Gariwerd <td class='xl73]Shaun McKernan

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]34 <td class='xl73]Lovely Banks <td class='xl73]Aaron Davey

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]35 <td class='xl73]Whitsundays <td class='xl73]Michael Talia

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]36 <td class='xl73]Iron Knob <td class='xl73]Ian Callinan

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]37 <td class='xl73]Darraweit Guim <td class='xl73]Adam Kennedy

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]38 <td class='xl73]Marble Bar <td class='xl73]Josh Bruce

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]39 <td class='xl73]Lovely Banks <td class='xl73]Dane Rampe

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]40 <td class='xl73]Larrikin Lagoon <td class='xl73]Michael Evans

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]42 <td class='xl73]Venus Bay <td class='xl73]Elliot Yeo

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]43 <td class='xl73]Whitsundays <td class='xl70]Jaryd Cachia

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]44 <td class='xl73]Mount Beauty <td class='xl70]Dylan Addison

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]47 <td class='xl73]Gundagai <td class='xl73]Timothy Broomhead

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]48 <td class='xl73]Wagga Wagga <td class='xl70]Nicholas Kommer

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]49 <td class='xl73]Wagga Wagga <td class='xl70]Lynden Dunn

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]52 <td class='xl73]Waikikamoocow <td class='xl73]Luke Russell

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]53 <td class='xl73]Foul Bay <td class='xl73]Ryan Harwood

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]54 <td class='xl73]Iron Knob <td class='xl73]Setanta O'hAilpin

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]55 <td class='xl73]Gundagai <td class='xl73]Blayne Wilson

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]57 <td class='xl73]Waikikamoocow <td class='xl73]Tim Sumner

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]60 <td class='xl73]Gundagai <td class='xl73]Jimmy Webster

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]61 <td class='xl73]Whitsundays <td class='xl73]Aaron Young

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]67 <td class='xl73]Powlett plains <td class='xl71]Andrew Krakouer

<td class='xl72' style='height: 15pt;]73 <td class='xl73]Gundagai <td class='xl73]Anthony Morabito

At the conclusion of this draft we will move into the Expansion draft thread. I have still have to sort out the OP there and will do so shortly to list the picks and teams as above. Fitzy has first pick in that draft, I will try to update the Free Agent list between Simon's last pick and Fitzy's first.
    Good luck, may you all get your man(s)

2. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

3. J_C

J_C New Member

Nice Len. How about Colonel Mustard with the Lead Pipe in the Conservatory? Did I win? :)

4. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

JC wrote: Nice Len. How about Colonel Mustard with the Lead Pipe in the Conservatory? Did I win? :) Ah, so that's where the lead pipe has gone - I was going to use it on Prof Plum and steal his 4th round draft pick. Never mind.

5. walesy

walesy Administrator Staff Member

Hopefully this one was the right one yeah? :D

6. Len

~walesy wrote:
    Hopefully this one was the right one yeah? :D Indeed, ty sire :)

7. snoz

snoz Well-Known Member

Provisional Draft Order, subject to Friday night's outcome. <div>(I know I have only gone to round 6, Simonoz, I will create a special list for you if have to cut deeper :p) Mockery will get you everywhere Sir Len :) First change, not sure you want these as they happen? Or just at the end.......lemme know, I'm as active as a hooker at the world cup. Pick 37 to Chris88 for picks 47 & 60 to Gundagai

8. Len

Simonoz wrote:
    Provisional Draft Order, subject to Friday night's outcome. <div>(I know I have only gone to round 6, Simonoz, I will create a special list for you if have to cut deeper :p) Mockery will get you everywhere Sir Len :) First change, not sure you want these as they happen? Or just at the end.......lemme know, I'm as active as a hooker at the world cup. Pick 37 to Chris88 for picks 47 & 60 to Gundagai
    lol, It would be pointless in the extreme to mock from 17th :) No need mate, I am monitoring them in the trade thread. I'll update this list tomorrow or Saturday, then every couple of days..

9. J_C

J_C New Member

Len, let me know if I should post my entry for the 'gladiatorial contest' some where else.
    Bombers by 19. Jumper number 30 to kick the first goal.

10. Len

Looks like the spot to me, P'rap if you could drop yours here when ready that would be great :)

11. G-Train

G-Train Member

Carlton Blues by 13 points. Number 38 for first goal.

12. graeme

graeme Guest

Well, that seems cut and dried.
    Very nice of you to not 'game' JC P'raptor. Given you are tipping the blues I think I would have gone the dons by 18 being one less than JC's prediction!

13. G-Train

G-Train Member

chels wrote:
    Well, that seems cut and dried. Very nice of you not 'Game' your opponent P'raptor. Me I would have gone the dons by one less than the other prediction! Yes Chels, the thought definitely crossed my mind for some time, and I waited til he posted as I was still thinking about it. In the end I didn't think it to be in the spirit of the ORFFA. :)

14. graeme

graeme Guest

congratulations on your decision P'Raptor - I agree definitely within what I hope is the spirit of ORFFA. Good to know you thought before making the correct decision.

15. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for this Len!I think it would be appropriate to remove any references to gender from the rules. I'm fairly sure we have a woman in our midst now, and who knows who of us may be gender queer :)

16. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

For teams who entered the 2013 PSD with 20 or less players, is it a requirement to select 2 additional players this MSD so all teams have 28 players at the conclusion of the MSD?
    Or can the season be concluded with 26? (not sure why you would want to do this but thought I would pose the Q)
    IF you want to cut players and select more than the assumed minimum 2 extra players (say I cut 1, taking me to 25, I would then have 3 picks to take me to 28?) Where are delistments to be posted?
    Am I totally confused?

17. Len

anthak wrote:
    Thanks for this Len!I think it would be appropriate to remove any references to gender from the rules. I'm fairly sure we have a woman in our midst now, and who knows who of us may be gender queer :) There's plenty of odd, queer is peoples own business... :)

18. Len

jimbowan wrote:
    For teams who entered the 2013 PSD with 20 or less players, is it a requirement to select 2 additional players this MSD so all teams have 28 players at the conclusion of the MSD?
    Or can the season be concluded with 26? (not sure why you would want to do this but thought I would pose the Q)
    IF you want to cut players and select more than the assumed minimum 2 extra players (say I cut 1, taking me to 25, I would then have 3 picks to take me to 28?) Where are delistments to be posted?
    Am I totally confused? I attempted to edit the 26/28 lines before posting Jimbo, I may have missed one or two and will check.
    The MSD runs us to 26 as was always the plan. We then run a second, separate draft, in the order of outcome from the GWS game, and that takes us to 28. So for the purpose of sanity, the MSD is still to 26, based on the cut to 20 or 22 rule from the PSD.
    Does that answer your query?

19. snoz

snoz Well-Known Member

I may have to delist Currie, not having a playing ruck. If the owner of Goldy has interest in his backup please let me know. Also, young (injured) stud defender Suckling is avail for a team that can sit him for the year. It will have to be a good offer though.

20. G-Train

G-Train Member

You let me down blue baggers! Looked in the bag but nice comeback by the Bombers and well done to my opponent!