2013 ORFFA Official Mid Season Draft Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 5, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

No probs Len - all good. Though given the news that Maister is now out 8 weeks with a hammy done on the weekend, I'm suspecting Jen might like Pick 75! Can't understand - he did his hammy on Sunday night, they could've said something a bit earlier so Jen could perhaps delist him .... damn you St Kilda.

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

chris88 wrote:
    ...... damn you St Kilda.

I've been saying that for 40 plus years, can't see it changing any time soon :)

3. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

~2 hours to go till the magic happens!

4. snoz

snoz Well-Known Member

Morning guys......up as early as I could, and then computer snafus trying to log in. First pick......could have realistically gone in about 4 different directions, still unsure as to whats the right choice, but thanks to Chris & TiB for their advice. Sooooooo bloody confused, wish I had traded the pick now :) 1st Pick = Aaron Mullett

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

With pick #2 the Misfits select Tom Nicholls.

6. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

And the newest member to pull on the purple guernsey is...... Dylan Roberton

7. G-Train

G-Train Member

Pick 67 yet?

8. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Lefties select Tom Lynch at #4

Now to turn into Mr Melbandy :D Pick #5 - Campbell Brown (Gold Coast Suns) Now wake me up when I need to make the next proxy selection please Sir Terrence of Thailand :p

9. chris88

Think Andy's snuck in with a good pick there. Campbell Brown has looked rejuvenated this year, even at his age.

10. chris88

Pick 6 - Paul Seedsman Collingwood

11. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Sorry Chris. For some reason thought Darraweit was anthak. With pick #7 the Warriors take Jason Johannisen.

12. bama

bama Active Member

Pick 8 Mount Beauty
    Mark Blicavs

13. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

At selection 9 the Cradle Mountain Devilspick Liam McBean (Ruck/Forward)from the Richmond Football Club although he is yet to make his AFL debut.

14. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

dmandrews wrote:
    At selection 9 the Cradle Mountain Devilspick Liam McBean (Ruck/Forward)from the Richmond Football Club although he is yet to make his AFL debut. Interesting one, must of heard good things about him??? :)

15. chris88

dmandrews has picked a good one. McBean has huge wraps on him as a ruck/forward, has been dominating at VFL level and is only a kid right now. Richmond officials and fans are giddily excited about him. As a Richmond fan I had him on my list of rucks that could be considered in this draft, which given he's played about 8-10 VFL games, shows how much potential he has. Unlikely to play this year - though, that said, he is our form big man at VFL level right now - but has a massive amount of potential. A real smoky pick in this draft, but one with a good strong basis in form.

16. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

The pick is more for the future and fits the need of the Devils in gettinga young Ruckman. McBean has been performing well in the VFL,kickingat least two goals in his last seven matches.McBean has got good mobility for a 202cm player is only 18 and has been picked as the successor to 29 year old Mark Jamar as the Devils number 1 ruckman.

17. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

At pick 10 Charlie's Opening draft Sam Rowe from the Carlton football club

18. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

wow, good pick TiB. There are 91 players to be selected all up over both drafts, and I started with a shortlist of 98 players, but I didnt have Johannisen on it at all... but after looking him up, he seems to be a great selection. good one. Weird to see someone go in the top 10 that I hadnt even considered though. Weird for me at least. everyone else probably considered him :)

Looking forward to my pick coming up. There's quite a lot of decent options in this pool. The top 4 played out exactly as I would have expected, but theres so many more in that next tier that are similar types.

19. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for the delay folks, had a sleep in then took ages for the laptop to fire up!!! (plus I didn't realise Andy's 2nd pick was so soon - his message from 4 days ago said 23 was his 2nd pick but that may be before he traded)!!!
    Onto business so I don't hold up everyone else - next cab off the Melbandy list is........ Pick #11 - Ricky Pettard (Richmond)

20. Lenny120

Lenny120 Well-Known Member

After some tossing and turning, Wagga Wagga have come to a decision to take, at pick #12, Cameron O'Shea (Port Adelaide), Defender.