2013 ORFFA Official Mid Season Draft Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 5, 2013.

1. J_C

J_C Guest

Pick #13 - Birdsville Battlers Rory Laird

2. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Pick 14 Andy Otten

3. dmandrews

dmandrews Well-Known Member

Good selection Chris, I found it difficult to decide between McBean and Otten at nine and in the end went for McBean. At 23 years of ageOtten has got a lot of football ahead of him and has been playing well this year to average in the mid 70s.

4. Fitzy

Fitzy Guest

Took a bit of time to think about this, and going to go with gut feeling, saw this guy play earlier in the year and have hope for him being a gun forward in the future....
    Pick 15, Scott Gumbleton

5. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

dmandrews wrote:Good selection Chris, I found it difficult to decide between McBean and Otten at nine and in the end went for McBean. At 23 years of ageOtten has got a lot of football ahead of him and has been playing well this year to average in the mid 70s. Thanks mate - Otten ahd a bit of a down year last year, which was weird because the team played well. Seems he has returned to form this year a little, which is nice. Interestingly, Rory Laird was the other one on my list as well! He's going to be a good footballer as well - big wraps on him.

6. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

yep, Rory Laird was who I was hoping I'd be able to knab at 18. I would have picked him at #6 if I didnt trade it away. As it stands, Ive got a shortlist of 5 players still left for my #18 pick... Im hoping CR picks one of them to make my decision a little bit easier.

7. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

anthak wrote:wow, good pick TiB. There are 91 players to be selected all up over both drafts, and I started with a shortlist of 98 players, but I didnt have Johannisen on it at all... but after looking him up, he seems to be a great selection. good one. Weird to see someone go in the top 10 that I hadnt even considered though. Weird for me at least. everyone else probably considered him :) Looking forward to my pick coming up. There's quite a lot of decent options in this pool. The top 4 played out exactly as I would have expected, but theres so many more in that next tier that are similar types. Thing is, ORFFL do their draft after us, so ours will take all of the mystery and surprises out of it for them. Good ones will not slip through.

8. graeme

graeme Guest

greets everyone, the Waikiks have decided to redraft a favourite son - welcome back (at pick 16) James Podsiadly F cats.

9. ChiefRussell

ChiefRussell Well-Known Member

Thanks Chels, that made my decision a little bit easier as I was seriously considering the J-Pod as part of my finals tilt. Pick 17 - Josh Thomas (Collingwood)

10. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Josh Thomas a very good selection IMHO. He and Hutchings have the best rating for ave/age of all remaining players. whatever that indicates, im not sure :)
    Anyway, at Pick #18, Gariwerd selectLevi Casboult of Carlton.

11. graeme

graeme Guest

Been out of the loop a bit, how did the defence of the title fight go Thursday(?)

12. snoz

snoz Well-Known Member

Morning all........went to bed 4 1/2 hrs ago at pick 16, so hope I havent held things up too much lads. Pick #19 ~ Jarrod Lyons, F/M Adelaide

13. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Thanks for the PM Len - was just about to shut down the computer for the evening, but will stay up a little longer in case it gets to Gravenger's next pick too!!!

Now time to don the Melbandy hat once more seeing that he hasn't informed me of his return (hopefully this means Dylan won his bout and they're still celebrating)

Pick #20 (I think) for Nunawading Nuffers (see, I'm starting to learn the ORFFA lingo) :) welcome to........... Dennis Armfield (Carlton)

Not bad effort by Andy, provided a short list of 6 players and managed to get numbers 2, 4 and 6 from his list!!!

14. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Morning all Now joining the Lilacs at pick 21 is Jonathan Simpkin

15. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Sorry for the delay, didn't see your post before shutting down the laptop Len!!!

So time to put Gravenger's hat on again (I think)!!!

The Lefties next incoming player is.................... Pick #22 (hope that's right).......... Mark Baguley (Essendon)

(Hope Gravenger is back on deck before ORFFL draft gets in full swing - don't want to mix my picks up with his)!!!

16. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

OK, this is Chris88 here - the computer is still logged in as Jen - but it is Chris making this pick. After missing on Nichols, Laird and Lyons its been very fortunate that I've actually got some plan Bs and Cs to be honest .... I'm now on Plan C for pick 24, which will be Kyle Martin from Collingwood.

17. snoz

snoz Well-Known Member

I thought you lot hated Collingwood........could've sworn I'd get at least one of Thomas/Seedsman/Martin.....withthe 25th pick. Damn.....my Pie kiddies snapped up. Thomas will be a very good player, Martin I'm not sure yet, could be the new Didak......Seedsman isour future captain. Oh well......its a shame.My pickgoes to an area of mine thats more depleted than the Jersey Shore after Hurricane Sandy. #25 ~ Nathan Wright, def, stk

18. bama

bama Active Member

Mount Beauty pick 26
    Justin Clarke Lions

19. grav

grav Guest

Lefties Head Recruiter back on deck. Thanks a million Bear, brilliant stuff! Welcome to the Lefties, Lynch and Baguley.

20. melbandy

melbandy Active Member

Hi all. Got back today.

Thanks Bearfly for your astute picking on behalf of the Nuffers.

Sadly Dylan lost his title. Was TKO in 8th round to a body shot. He won the first and possibly the second but then seemed lose control of the fight.

He said afterwards that he just couldn't seem to get his intensity to the level he needed to win. To me he just looked a little out of sorts. He was pretty disappointed, not so much that he lost but more that he felt he didn't really get his mojo going on the night.