2013 ORFFA Official Mid Season Draft Thread

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by Len, Jun 5, 2013.

1. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

I'm going to draft a guy whose dad I watched play. Good player he was too, Mark Hunter - many a day down at the wet, windy and cold Whitten Oval during the 80s and 90s I stood by my dad's side, watching some good Bulldogs teams run around ... some of my best football memories to be honest; spending time at the footy with my dad when I was young, watching team after team slowly sink into the Whitten Oval mud while kicking to the wrong spots at the windswept ground in West Footscray. I'll always be a Tigers' supporter, but I'll always have a soft spot for the Doggies (and for the Cats, thanks to the amount of time I spent in Geelong when young, and that the lovely Jen is a diehard Geelong supporter.) So pick 31 - Lachlan Hunter. Welcome to town. Welcome back to the ORFFA

2. J_C

J_C Guest

Pick #32 - Jordan Lisle, FWD

3. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

Pick 33. Shaun McKernan

4. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Pick 34 Aaron Davey

5. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Thank you JC for taking my pick for me. Meant I had to go back and do a little more research. Warriors with pick #35 take Michael Talia. That's two doggie backs in a row.

6. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

McKernan on my list as well :)

7. graeme

graeme Guest

are you sure of the spelling TiB? Doggie or dodgie, in the context of backs?

8. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Thank you JC for taking my pick for me. Meant I had to go back and do a little more research. Warriors with pick #35 take Michael Talia. That's two doggie backs in a row. Nothing wrong with that pick Terry. Very nearly grabbed him myself. But then I remembered my forward line. :)
    Now I've heard of a piggy back, but a doggie back?

9. TerryinBangkok

The cow puncher's getting a bit chirpy. Must have had a few wins on the weekend.

10. jimbowan

jimbowan Well-Known Member

Iron Knob are happy to select at #36 with their first pick
    Ian Callinan FWD
    we hope he can bring his goal sense and bad hamstrings to Iron Knob and help us win a flag in 2013.

11. J_C

J_C Guest

jimbowan wrote:
    Iron Knob are happy to select at #36 with their first pick
    Ian Callinan FWD
    we hope he can bring his goal sense and bad hamstrings to Iron Knob and help us win a flag in 2013. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]He played 1 game for me this year for 27 whole points. But since making the decision to cut him, he's managed to get himself picked again and knocked out a 77 and an 81. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;] <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]So he's officially joined my 'Players that sh#t me' list. :D

12. chris88

JC wrote:
    jimbowan wrote:
    Iron Knob are happy to select at #36 with their first pick Ian Callinan FWD we hope he can bring his goal sense and bad hamstrings to Iron Knob and help us win a flag in 2013. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]He played 1 game for me this year for 27 whole points. But since making the decision to cut him, he's managed to get himself picked again and knocked out a 77 and an 81. <p style='margin-bottom: 18px; font-family: Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: 18px; color: #444444;]So he's officially joined my 'Players that sh#t me' list. :D Mutterings persist that a certain J Lyons taken earlier in this draft might end up replacing Mr Callinan, JC. But time will tell - for now, that's a pretty wise pick from Iron Knob.

13. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

You're up Chris :)

14. chris88

Sorry, just realised I had to make a pick. Pick 37 - picking the Melton boy - Adam Kennedy, GWS. Best of luck everyone with the remainder of the draft, I'll catch back up when the expansion draft kicks off in earnest.

15. TerryinBangkok

Lenh191 wrote: You're up Chris :) So are you.

16. Len

Indeed.
    Marble Bar utilise their 2nd and final pick in this draft to select Josh Bruce D/F of the GWS. Watched him live two weeks in a row, and then heard separately from Sheeds and Cameron how highly they rate him and his work rate..

17. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Give me 10 - 15 mins, I need to study the list and get a child out of the bath.

18. TerryinBangkok

A horse of a darkish colour.

19. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

The last pick for the Lilacs - Pick 39 - Dane Rampe

20. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    A horse of a darkish colour. Before the Geelong game I went to a member's forum where Sheedy was pumping his tyres, he then played pretty well, then yesterday Leon Cameron made special mention of him too, that'll do me :)