2013 ORFFA Team Previews

Discussion in 'ORFFA' started by chris88, Feb 26, 2013.

1. anthak

anthak Moderator Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:Lenh191 wrote:And at least one of us needs to get/exercise author privileges.   Pretty sure ant already has them Len.   Maybe when someone else takes over the Commish role such things will be forthcoming. Yes, I do. I'd hoped to put them up this arvo, but I was under the pump at work. I've got a day off tomorrow, so I should be able to do it then. Thanks for writing them all Chris! I've loved reading them all, and the subsequent discussion too :)

2. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    Lenh191 wrote:
    Thanks Chris, enjoyed them all, didn't agree with them all but that's what opinion pieces are all about. Your approach was much more disciplined than mine would have been and the format made it easy to follow. I do think that last years top 4 are probably this years also, but after that the immense young talent building in some teams will have a big impact. I invest roughly 10 times the effort into this comp than in SC, the keeper aspect allows you to build, recover & destroy and the fun is in the plot :) Some of us less-fancied sides have already had our LTIs, while the top fancies have yet to enjoy the privilege. Many a twist and turn to come. For some, as Chris has noted, it could be season defining. Hopefully it won't happen, but it is a cruel game. I'll see you in our 2015 grand final playoff :)

3. J_C

J_C Guest

TerryinBangkok wrote: Some of us less-fancied sides have already had our LTIs, while the top fancies have yet to enjoy the privilege. Many a twist and turn to come. For some, as Chris has noted, it could be season defining. Hopefully it won't happen, but it is a cruel game. I think I enjoyed enough of the injury 'privlege' last year Terry, so I'd be delighted avoid a repeat. Great job on the previews, Chris. Thoroughly enjoyed them mate.

4. snoz

snoz Moderator

And yep, there goes Suckers......dammit. Sam Docherty would be valuable right now :( A little silver lining is the acquisition of Karnezis in a trade, and the masterful drafting of one Danile Currie. BUt boy there is a big holein defense now. Can I tank ?????

5. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Simonoz wrote:
    And yep, there goes Suckers......dammit. Sam Docherty would be valuable right now :( A little silver lining is the acquisition of Karnezis in a trade, and the masterful drafting of one Danile Currie. BUt boy there is a big holein defense now. Can I tank ????? Absolutely, after a lengthy investigation of navels the draftcommittee will recommend to the Commishyou be found innocent of all charges but fined $500,000 for being not innocent enough, however you can keep all your picks, even the good ones :)

6. graeme

graeme Guest

Tank sNoZ? Tank? I thought you were into nukes?

7. chris88

chris88 1000 Monkeys at 1000 Typewriters Staff Member

Thank God for the mid-season draft and trade period. There might be welcome respite if the injuries continue. And no, we do not partake in tanking around here. In the time honoured AFL tradition, those teams that are struggling are instead playing for the Jesse Hogan Cup. All positional moves, including backmen as forwards, rucks as rovers and midfielders playing ruck will be carefully scrutinised, broken down 400 times and then conveniently brushed under the carpet by ORFFA management.

8. chris88

I've also edited the Gundagai entry, sadly, to reflect the news about Matt Suckling.

9. Bandit

Bandit Moderator Staff Member

Great write ups Chris, enjoyed reading every one of them, and I think it will be interesting to go back onreflecton the questions/comments and X-factors in a review at half year?

10. chris88

Bandit wrote: Great write ups Chris, enjoyed reading every one of them, and I think it will be interesting to go back onreflecton the questions/comments and X-factors in a review at half year? I have this strange feeling I am being 'volunteered' for further writing tasks. This is definitely starting to sound like my paying job!! That said, the mid-year draft period might be a very good time to do something like this. Reckon that's fine thinking Bandit.

11. Bandit

Happy to help if you want a hand mate

12. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

chris88 wrote: Bandit wrote: Great write ups Chris, enjoyed reading every one of them, and I think it will be interesting to go back onreflecton the questions/comments and X-factors in a review at half year? I have this strange feeling I am being 'volunteered' for further writing tasks. This is definitely starting to sound like my paying job!! That said, the mid-year draft period might be a very good time to do something like this. Reckon that's fine thinking Bandit. If my memory serves me correctly, Chris volunteered to do the weekly review. Won't hold him to it because we pride ourselves on flexibility here at ORFFA, but it is something he might be able to handball to Bandit to [span style='text-decoration: line-through;]Heppell [span style='text-decoration: line-through;]heppel help out on.

13. chris88

Nah, all good. Reckon I can give it a go. Will have to co-ordinate that weekly write up and scoring too, but it should be relatively easy.

14. graeme

graeme Guest

That's the spirit Chris - if you need a hand with lifting paper or changing the toner in the printer just give me a yell!

15. anthak

anthak wrote:TerryinBangkok wrote:Lenh191 wrote:And at least one of us needs to get/exercise author privileges. Pretty sure ant already has them Len. Maybe when someone else takes over the Commish role such things will be forthcoming. Yes, I do. I'd hoped to put them up this arvo, but I was under the pump at work. I've got a day off tomorrow, so I should be able to do it then. Thanks for writing them all Chris! I've loved reading them all, and the subsequent discussion too :) Sorry for the delay! I am looking forward to doing this, and just haven't found any time yet. I envision being able to do it sometime in the next 5 hours, after my daughter goes to bed... If for some unforeseen reason that I don't get it done tonight, I'll defs make time tomorrow on my lunch break.

16. anthak

anthak wrote:
    anthak wrote: TerryinBangkok wrote: Lenh191 wrote: And at least one of us needs to get/exercise author privileges. Pretty sure ant already has them Len. Maybe when someone else takes over the Commish role such things will be forthcoming. Yes, I do. I'd hoped to put them up this arvo, but I was under the pump at work. I've got a day off tomorrow, so I should be able to do it then. Thanks for writing them all Chris! I've loved reading them all, and the subsequent discussion too :) Sorry for the delay! I am looking forward to doing this, and just haven't found any time yet. I envision being able to do it sometime in the next 5 hours, after my daughter goes to bed... If for some unforeseen reason that I don't get it done tonight, I'll defs make time tomorrow on my lunch break. done :) http://tooserious.net/Blog/tabid/90/EntryId/1633/ORFFA-2013-Season-Preview.aspx

17. Bandit

Just read through this again... Chris you were there or thereabouts with most clubs... including calling the winner prior to the start or round 1...freaking awesome bloke