2013 RMT Supercoach

Discussion in 'RMT' started by FlyBoy15, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Len

Len Cockburn Knightrider Staff Member

Not very confident on Byrnes to be honest he just fits in at the price and is in there based more on indications he will play and probably make some money. There are not a lot of happy alternatives for him, if a Daniher, Mayes or Kennedy are named he is straight out. Quietly confident on O'hAilpin though, he is cheap as hell, will play if fit (so far so good) and should give me 70 odd a week.

2. Len

Just looking at Walesy's $/pt work, I am going to have a look at Byrnes > Cornelius and Newnes > Crouch when I get home. I traded Cornelius into my ORFFA side thinking it might be his year, and hadn't realised how good his pre-season has been.

3. TerryinBangkok

TerryinBangkok Moderator Staff Member

Like it Jason. Viney has been rated by the HUN as a certain starter R1, even if he does not play this weekend. Noticed Rowe has been named in the 'Grand Final' team, which should tell us something. Why not stick Rowe in FWD and add Currie to RUC? I have had Kent on the list for a while and would rate him along with Crouch. Just can't fit either of them in. Len's squad also strong. SKT has been bashing us for quite a while to stay away from Lee - says he won't make the best 22.

4. Len

I don't know why I put the squad up tbh, already changed it, should know better by now. Lee though is a poor option in a poorer field, he will play at least as often as Maister did last year, hopefully with bigger scores, but gee the picking are thin at that end of the ground, R1 team announcements will shape most of us I think?

5. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Never bothered with posting my team before, but always a first time for everything!!! Current line-up as follows (pending changes):
    B: Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, Heppell, Pittard, Docherty (Goodes, Stevenson) M: Ablett, Dangermouse, Priddis, Moloney, K.Stevens, Wines, Crouch, O'Meara (Vlastuin, Viney) R: Ryder, Jacobs (Rowe, Daw) F: Cox, Walker, Rocklobster, Watts, Wantsfrees, Barcode (Macaffer, Neade)
    Still not sure on Stevenson & Neade for R1 - will have to wait for teams (Stevenson could become Heath) Also not 100% sold on Ryder, been burnt by him in the past with sub par performances!!!

6. Jason

Jason Moderator Staff Member

Good team Bear. I especially like the players that we have in common. :)

7. TerryinBangkok

It seems Gazza is first picked in most sides. Wish we had more info on why he is having such a managed pre-season. Priced about ceiling, what if he requires a few rounds to find match fitness and takes a drop in value? Don't think I have the guts, but it is very tempting to rake some cash off Stanton early in the season and turn him into Gazza at the right moment. If only BB were here. Like your backline particularly BF. Personally, think Monfries and Varcoe might end up being duds, but hope not for your sake. Ryder (and Essendon) might do well for the first 5-6 rounds, but after that I would be looking at ways to turn him into NicNat at FWD. Enjoy the ride with Tex.

8. TerryinBangkok

In for a quid. Usual caveats apply: DEF: Goddard, Rance, Hartlett, R. Thompson, J. Murdoch, L. Plowman (Goodes, Docherty) MID: Cotchin, Murphy, Ablett, Sam Gibson, B. Moloney, K. Stevens, O. Wines, J. O'Meara (Vlastuin, Paparone) RUC: Bellchambers, J. Jenkins (Daw, Currie) FWD: Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, Hawkins, J.J. Kennedy, Daniher (Macaffer, Rowe) Not much in the kitty. Views welcome.

9. Jason

Usual caveats, but not necessarily the usual suspects. In fact so many points-of-difference I lost count. Combination of Bellchambers and Jenkins doesn't exactly inspire fear. Jenkins has room to improve his SC average now with Tippett out, but by how much? Rory Thompson, have you got some inside word that I might have missed? At 200cm he doesn't seem like the sort of DEF option who is likely to score highly by getting lots of possessions. I am inspired by your show of faith in Hamish Hartlett though.

10. Len

TerryinBangkok wrote:
    In for a quid. Usual caveats apply: DEF: Goddard, Rance, Hartlett, R. Thompson, J. Murdoch, L. Plowman (Goodes, Docherty) MID: Cotchin, Murphy, Ablett, Sam Gibson, B. Moloney, K. Stevens, O. Wines, J. O'Meara (Vlastuin, Paparone) RUC: Bellchambers, J. Jenkins (Daw, Currie) FWD: Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, Hawkins, J.J. Kennedy, Daniher (Macaffer, Rowe) Not much in the kitty. Views welcome. As Jason said lots of PODs :) I wouldn't have Paparone many more likely options for R1, but then he could also be named next week I guess.. I like the fwds esp, though I've read in a few places now that Hird wants to slowly bring Daniher up to boil, could be just static but it scared me off him.

11. TerryinBangkok

With a name like Rory, he can't miss. At 200cm he will fly under the radar. Has had a quiet but tasteful NAB and with Bock out, opportunity knocks (he replaced Johannisen BTW - feel better now?). The ruck combo are not designed to inspire fear. It is pure stealth. Jenkins is my expensive DPP and I am betting one of Currie/Daw will score well. One of that lot will eventually become NicNat as I don't want 3 toasters FWD come bye time. I trust Bear on Hartlett (before his latest contribution to Opportunity Knocks). Wish I could find room for Clay Smith - suspect he is for a big year. Thanks for the comments. @Len, tks mate. The Pizza is the weak spot, but I want a MID/FWD in that hole and there is no one on the horizon at the moment. At least he got listed as EMG for the granny. The concept behind much of the PODs strategy is 1 x midpricer + 1 x fat rookie = 1 x premium + 1 x rookie. Initially was attracted to GNR, but have been eying off the number of trades.

12. Jason

LOL @ Johanissen comment. Terry, for just a few more $$ than Johanissen I would look at Dale Morris before any defender named Rory.

13. TerryinBangkok

Jason wrote:
    LOL @ Johanissen comment. Terry, for just a few more $$ than Johanissen I would look at Dale Morris before any defender named Rory. Sometimes you ask too much Jason. I can't look at Dale (he has been around so long we are now on a first name basis). It would be too much like looking in the mirror. And I bet he has the same trouble as Gia getting up in the morning. Sorry, but he is already overdue to buy his shares in a restaurant in South Yarra.

14. Jason

He only needs to play as well as he did in every one of his past four active seasons to make you $$. Morris comes with a 30% discount to his starting salary this year. Seems like a better prospect than Rory. Just sayin'.

15. TerryinBangkok

Why don't we just take over this thread? Everyone else is sleeping.

16. Bearfly

Bearfly Moderator Staff Member

Sleep is so over-rated Terry!!!

17. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

All suggestions appreciated. B. Goddard,Gibbs,Duffy,Heppel,Vlastuin,Pittard ( Terlich,Docherty/Stevenson) C. Gaj,Swan,Pendles,Shuey,Mundy,Koby S,Wines,O'Meara (Crouch,Viney) R. Jacobs,Currie (Witts,Rowe) F. Cox,Tex,Rocky,Stevie J,Karnezis,Macaffer (Lee, Murdoch/Neade)
    Still open to late changes, especially bench players, fwds and backs. And only approx 11K left Not sure whether to drop Stevie J, as he misses rd1, and try and get him in later, or go with him on the bench. And if he gets the chop, who replaces him?

18. TerryinBangkok

choppers wrote: All suggestions appreciated. B. Goddard,Gibbs,Duffy,Heppel,Vlastuin,Pittard ( Terlich,Docherty/Stevenson) C. Gaj,Swan,Pendles,Shuey,Mundy,Koby S,Wines,O'Meara (Crouch,Viney) R. Jacobs,Currie (Witts,Rowe) F. Cox,Tex,Rocky,Stevie J,Karnezis,Macaffer (Lee, Murdoch/Neade) Still open to late changes, especially bench players, fwds and backs. And only approx 11K left Not sure whether to drop Stevie J, as he misses rd1, and try and get him in later, or go with him on the bench. And if he gets the chop, who replaces him? Similar in a way to my side choppers in that you have stacked other lines at the expense of Ruck. My argument would be that you can't stack prems on every line within the given budget, so may as well be ruck. Currie is a gamble and would feel more comfortable if you had Daw in there as well, since it is difficult to read atm which one will emerge. But understand you need DPP. The weakness (and everyone else's) is in the FWD bench. Big risk if Macaffer doesn't make the 22 on a regular basis. On Stevie J. - have you considered Bartel, if only on a temporary basis? Zorko would be another choice, depending on budget. Strong DEF and MID. Like it.

19. choppers

choppers Well-Known Member

Can fit Bartel in for Stevie J,($400 left) but would need to drop Pittard to get Zorko. I had Daw originally but liked the look of Witts against the Lions. JS is the key here I reckon. Who will back up Jolly at R2 in Buck's side? I guess I won't know til Rd1 happens.

20. TerryinBangkok

choppers wrote:
    Can fit Bartel in for Stevie J,($400 left) but would need to drop Pittard to get Zorko. I had Daw originally but liked the look of Witts against the Lions. JS is the key here I reckon. Who will back up Jolly at R2 in Buck's side? I guess I won't know til Rd1 happens. Don't recommend dropping Jaspar. Highly likely Hudson will be the backup for Jolly, while Grundy will be given some game time throughout the season. R1 will depend on who they can get on the paddock.